95%
No
5%

Total votes: 98

MadAce

Official Voting -Reply Received-

Post by MadAce » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:05 am

IDEA SUMMARY:

Building and develoment of colonies is a seperate a deep part of the gameplay. The placement of defences is a vital part of this discipline. Many feel that for new users, and even for some experienced people the placement of these defences is hard due to a lack of possible judgement.

We propose command that would let you test the defenses of your world.

Our preferred method would be to put our ship/colony into Duel mode, have our ships transported to the launch point, and let us try to mock capture our colony.

Another option, although not as helpfull as the previous would be to have a command that let the defences fire at the point of entrance.

Please respond to this idea in this thread:

http://www.starportgame.com/phpBB2/view ... 22&start=0

Voting thread: http://www.starportgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4240

dirt

Post by dirt » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:05 am

*Bump

Come on!

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:18 am

It's a good idea, but newbies will always be newbies. What might seem to be a hard colony for them, could actually be piss easy to take for someone with a modicum of skill. For example they might think that 10 shot at 100% military without any cannons is sufficient, because they can't take that planet with their battleship (or something along these lines :)).

I would definitely like to see this implemented, but it won't be a lot of help for new players.

duece

Post by duece » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:38 am

Freakazoid wrote:It's a good idea, but newbies will always be newbies. What might seem to be a hard colony for them, could actually be piss easy to take for someone with a modicum of skill. For example they might think that 10 shot at 100% military without any cannons is sufficient, because they can't take that planet with their battleship (or something along these lines :)).

I would definitely like to see this implemented, but it won't be a lot of help for new players.
As opposed to them getting once chance a week for practice? Someone will tell them it's easy.. and they'll learn how to do it themselves.. This will do more to accelerate the learning process than help with defending (but it'll still help with that too).

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:00 pm

been thinking about this idea my self but u beat me to it :wink:

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:25 pm

so you fight against your own defences at choice to see if they good?
I would say no.
building defences comes from experience earned not given. thats my philosophy.

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:29 pm

I honestly don't see anything wrong.

It gives you something to do when you're bored. Let's to try some interesting layouts you know you would NOT risk a col on whether it works or not and it helps the newbs work out how colony invading and defending works. (when I first started I thought my 3 flak cannons I bought was good enough)

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:23 am

for a newb they may not really know much about the defences so they should at least see what would happen if someone landed, a /testdefences or wat ever it would be would be easy way to see where a problem may lie, and a cool way to scare corpies everyonce in a while. so yes i think this is a great idea.