IDEA: Buy IG Ship in game for 70mill creds...

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Would you buy the IG Ship ingame for 70,000,000 Credits?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 33

godman

IDEA: Buy IG Ship in game for 70mill creds...

Post by godman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:32 am

What do you think of this Idea???

Emokid_07

Post by Emokid_07 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:40 am

It isn't worth 70 million, hell no.

Maybe, 5 mil....

P.S. 900th post!

godman

Post by godman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:42 am

the only reason i put it at 70 is because all the people who buy 10k tokens pay 100mill for them.. so i figured doing it that way saves 30mill

Korrupt

Post by Korrupt » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:43 am

100mil isnt BBQ to me, im cool with paying 100mil every time i blow up... can make it back in about 5 minutes anyway... the hard part is finding someone to sell the damn tokens

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 am

Well every time the IG ship is bought it means 10$ for toonces, even if the player bought the tokens with creds.

When tokens are bought from toonces, this is the primary token market, when they are resold to other players it's the secondary market.

When people buy tokens from other players, they increase demand in the secondary market, and increase the quantity demanded/supplied in the secondary market. This increase in supply is accomplished due to a corresponding increase in token demand from toonces and, since the nature of his supply is "perfectly elastic", it results in an increase in revenue for the game.

To tie the IG ship directly to credits for most purposes would be only harmful, it would either not be bought at all(no effect) if tokens are selling for less than 7 million per k, or it would detract from token sales by an amount corresponding to hwo many are purchased for credits directly. As it is now the "middle man" role of the token to credit salesman is what turns the IG into revenue, even when the final consumer spends only credits.

I hope that makes sense...this is a bad idea. The only possible "good" result is that it fixes the price of an IG ship to credits, something of a price ceiling(of 70 mil), and results in more of them being purchased in total. This is of course assuming that there are those willing to purchase it for 70 million+ in the current environment of the typical permaverse.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:43 am

The shipworth shouldn't be changed simply .... 5 bucks 150 holds; thats all that needs changing in my oppinion ..... bah

UziStuNNa

Post by UziStuNNa » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:37 am

yeah, this would never happen cause Toonces wants money :P

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:48 am

Make it 3mil and I'd buy it. The fire wave sucks, and it only has 1k more shields, and like 10 additional holds compared to the ISC. So how it worth 35 times the price.

UziStuNNa

Post by UziStuNNa » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:49 am

ok then maniacus.. how is it worth 10 bucks??? nobody knows, but people still buy tokens to get it. Its all hype.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 am

It doesn't have 1k extra shields but if you mean to say it should... it shouldn't . Just the damned cargoholds :P and cut half price but baaaaah oh well....

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:09 am

It was worth $10 before Permas were created and it saved you a couple of days getting a decent ship in a 2 week rebang. Once the Permas opened up and creds flowed in the millions instead of tens of thousands. The IG's became obsolite to the availability and similarity of the ISC.

The IG became less used because it is not worth the money in a Perma.

Does that answer your question Uzi??? Or do you need me to explain something else which is obvious to you?

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:03 am

IGs are great for pirates and people just starting a perma, especially on servers where the pirate base is a way off from the rest of the galaxy

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:26 am

maniacus last time I checked you werent arround when it was 5 bucks x.x let alone before permas were created [unless I'm wrong well bah] So I'm confused as to why you just said all that krap....

It should be cheaper or the 150 holds put in.... the IG is severly over-rated by brown-nosers. And under-rated in combat effectiveness by anti-Ig ship people :P

It NEEDS 150 holds; and for 10 bucks? 10 bucks for gods sake it isn't worth 10 bucks.... With the cargo hold issue ...bah it's worth like 2 bucks.

If it were to have equal holds to the ISC or even 200 then it would be well worth 5 or 10... and I don't see why everyone has this boner for repeating themselves.

It's like every time maniacus repeats "Something something was so great before permaverses" [yet I'm pretty sure he wasnt arround before permaverses or at least not very long before permas].... and I respond with the same old "Grrrr wtf are you talking about" act....

Oh I know... I'm like from the future caught in the past!

Starwynd

heh

Post by Starwynd » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:23 pm

Uzi i dont think toonces is wanting money for any nefarious purposes. You know hes the developer of a game called starport and money....develops something......this is going someplace i just know it.

And the price of the IG doesnt have to be changed, just the IG itself to maybe make it more desirable. Any number of things.....

And no not the simplistic "more shields" "faster movement" "more holds" "more weapons"

Something subtle related to the IG, stat bonuses (in concert with making stats better and affect different things) .....The ability to lay special aliens on a planet, up to five or something......the ability to sideways thrust (dont know if ships can do that now, i never really bothered)

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:38 pm

I was here both for it being $5 and before the permas (not in the forums and not AS Maniacus) I was simply explaining how it was worth paying for when it could take as much as a few days to get a commission and an ISP in a rebang You would see people flying all over the place in them back then. However Permaverse and Pax Everlasting hadn't been started yet... And you only had to buy tokens 5$ at a time then. I used Maniacus ocasionally when I wanted to be a pirate, but mostly I played under different names. (Firefox, Shield, Mordaikai, etc).

I am also Not Anti IG... I just feel that in light of the ease to aquire either an ISC or a Sethdar that charging more than 3 mil for the IG in the shipyard if added is a waste. Give it unlimited tracking nukes that fire in 3 missile spreads, and allow it to cary 500 holds of resources, and generate double fuel.... Then it would be worth 70 mil. Until then As is it's only worth 3mil.

Phase
Location: Invading your colony wile you waste time reading the forum.

Post by Phase » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:34 pm

This is the stupidest idea i have ever heard. honestly. what would be the point of it being the best if you could buy it with real money...

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:10 am

maniacus wrote:Give it unlimited tracking nukes that fire in 3 missile spreads, and allow it to cary 500 holds of resources, and generate double fuel.... Then it would be worth 70 mil. Until then As is it's only worth 3mil.

Are you mad?

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:37 am

I was only describing a ship that WOULD be worth 70 mil at the shipyard. If you read the entire post you would realize I don't say it should be given those options, just that That is the only way I'd pay 70 mil creds for one. I think As the ship is now it's an ok ship for perhaps 3mil in the shipyard.
I just feel that in light of the ease to aquire either an ISC or a Sethdar that charging more than 3 mil for the IG in the shipyard if added is a waste.
Make it 3mil and I'd buy it. The fire wave sucks, and it only has 1k more shields, and like 10 additional holds compared to the ISC. So how it worth 35 times the price?
If you're going to quote me, perhaps make sure you quote me correctly and read mt previous posts to see what I am actually suggesting.

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:03 am

heh

Ok, i just read those stats and was like...wtf?!?!

In my opinion, a ship like that would be worth something more like 500 million. Remember that as you add more of something(credits) to a product(ship) you get diminishing returns. Ie: to make it a little better it might cost a certain amount, but if you keep making it that much better it will eventually cost more and more to improve something by the same amount.

epod

Post by epod » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:49 am

IG ship should have the max of all the current ships, 200 cargo holds and should be able to hold 24 nukes :) and I recon 20k shields.. now its worth 70mil or 10k tokens :)

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:58 am

Even then I don't think 70mil creds is a fair price.. more like 4-5mil but 70 mil would just mean that that it was a noob stomping ship. priced so only the rich could afford it. (don't get me wrong I could afford it) I just think the price is way too high even with epod's suggestions.

epod

Post by epod » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:20 am

You forgot you have to pay extra for the shiny metal Finnish :) it glitters in the sun light

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:22 am

I think the IG looks like an alien heart :lol:

Furiae

Post by Furiae » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:02 pm

hmmm, well, seems the cargo holds is a big issue to people...maybe a more plausible idea is to add an option to buy up to 150 holds for another five bucks....buying IG ship ingame from starbase is, is, well who are your parents we need to get the author incarcerated.....

The ship supports the game, as do nukes, character changes, and fuel.....if there is no need for tokens to buy IG ship, then thats a major loss of profits, believe it or not....what this means is supply and demand will change for fuel, at the very least....the pollution patch was not purely to piss people off, it was so that there would be more demand for fuel, thus more demand tokens....he has done it before, he could do it again....on top of that token prices could be raised, regen rates could be lowered, fuel price could be raised as well, 3 tokens for one fuel instead of two...

And people do buy IG ships, often there are cases where to get your seth you need to go extremely far, this can be very big inconveniance to pirates, even good guys like it, could be far to a starbase for them too, not only that but the extra thrust may in some cases save your donkey, I have on numerous occasions died on a planet in my ISC in a situation my seth would have got out of when I had it....ISC goes fast, but it takes a ways to get to that, on a land nuke ring....thrust!

but, yeah, theres my canadian two cents

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:51 pm

People aren't spending $10 for the ship now... and from what I've seen the ship was nerfed somewhere between it costing $5 and the current $10, and you want to make it cost $15. Are you mental???

I thought the idea was to resurect the ship from the dead so to speak. Make it MORE available not less. yet every Idea I've seen in THIS thread is either meant to make it cost more money or an impossibly large sum of credits to make it only available to some people.

The best idea of all is to leave the damn thing alone, and just ADD it to the shipyard for 3 mil. (nuff said, end of story) People aren't spending the $10 on them like they used to when they were $5, and they just aren't buying them in the permas, because ISC's are prety damn close to identicle and easy to obtain.

There is not enough of an advantage there anymore for it to be worth so much. only way that could happen is if the sethdars and ISCs were taken OUT of the game. Then the IG would be an advantage again.

But we don't want that now do we?

Ralf the Dog

Post by Ralf the Dog » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:17 pm

Something subtle related to the IG, stat bonuses (in concert with making stats better and affect different things)
If you got a 5 point boost to one or all stats (Perhaps you can distribute them just like when you first role your char) and keep the bonus after your IG gets tosted, I can picture some people going out and getting themselves blown up again and again just for the upgrades.

This could be a big money maker, but it might unbalance the game. Only let people get the stat bonus 3 times? absolut max to each stat?

Furiae

Post by Furiae » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:56 am

*sigh* this is pointless, people DO buy tokens, people DO buy IG ships, and if you make it 3mill in the shipyard, I will take 50 or so, toonces has to make money somehow, and if every tom dick and harry can buy it in the shipyard, nobody will buy tokens for it, your logic is fuzzy,

yes, I am mental, but what I said was that if you want 150 holds then that could be an option :evil:

most people who buy the IG's don't even spend the money themselves, alright, even though im not done typing, im done....stupid waste of my hugging time trying to explain BBQ to ignorants who got it fixed in their head.....you want another pay to play game or something? toonces has to have some way of making money, he doesnt do this for free im sure.....you really think he would keep it going and keep updating .....go to **** you .....whatever

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:04 am

It's okay I understand Furarie I've been dealing with these blokes.... since well I started :P *pets Furr*

Ralf the Dog

Post by Ralf the Dog » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:30 am

Part of the reason I like the idea of having a non token path to getting an IG ship is that it would take the stigma out of having a token ship.

I don't think that the token ship should be as cheep as the credits you can get by cashing in $10 in tokens. I think it should be at least twice that.

If a player can look at another player in a token ship and say, "This guy may have gotten his ship by hard work, not by tokens.", I think that more people would spend tokens to get an IG ship.

I understand that server cost for a game like this is expensive, The time spent by the developer is even more so. We should all try to think of ways to encourage people to spend a few dollars here and there.

One idea would be a Buy tokens or get blasted out of the game campaign. "Hey you, nube, over there! You don't look like you have been spending tokens, Eat photons punk! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Have a nice day. :)

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:11 am

People who post in this thread should be shot... woops me? Huh nah never posted here!

<Firing squad shoots the idiotic morons>