Abolish energy consumption for regular thrusting

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Gloin

Abolish energy consumption for regular thrusting

Post by Gloin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:35 am

Well, back in the day simply using the up arrow key to move never consumed any energy. I'd like to see that come back into play.

When you're up close and personal with a solar it's extremely hard to dodge and nuke with the up arrow key taking away energy.

Just in general it's a pain in the buttocks.

I know Toonces will say "WELL IT'S UNREALISTIC BLAH BLAH" .. but I don't care. It's a pain. Please change it.

Sincerely, Gloin

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: Abolish energy consumption for regular thrusting

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:00 am

Yup this has sucked since it was implemented, Toonces changed the energy regen a year and half ago. If you let off thrust then thrust again it won't drain while thrusting.

Very annoying change but do the bump thrust and it become manageable, also 3 superconductors makes invading much easier on non-mod servers.

Sincerely,

I forgot my name.

MillionthVector

Post by MillionthVector » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:22 pm

But it's so unrealistic, we are flying our spaceships around the size of planets bouncing off suns like billiard balls, landing on planets but discovering we can't fly over canyon walls when we can fly in space, taking several nuclear warhead hits and surviving, jumping into black holes and not being crushed... you want to ruin all that realism by being able to thrust without using energy?

Shame.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:30 pm

MillionthVector wrote:But it's so unrealistic, we are flying our spaceships around the size of planets bouncing off suns like billiard balls, landing on planets but discovering we can't fly over canyon walls when we can fly in space, taking several nuclear warhead hits and surviving, jumping into black holes and not being crushed... you want to ruin all that realism by being able to thrust without using energy?

Shame.
Lol who even is this guy...

godman

Post by godman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:30 am

thelegend wrote:
MillionthVector wrote:But it's so unrealistic, we are flying our spaceships around the size of planets bouncing off suns like billiard balls, landing on planets but discovering we can't fly over canyon walls when we can fly in space, taking several nuclear warhead hits and surviving, jumping into black holes and not being crushed... you want to ruin all that realism by being able to thrust without using energy?

Shame.
Lol who even is this guy...
someone with 25 posts who thinks he knows everything about sge apparently lol