Increasing hardware on ships

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Do you believe we should raise the minimum hardware bays(holds) from 8 to 12?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 3

Gloin

Increasing hardware on ships

Post by Gloin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm starting to think more and more than we should raise the minimum hardware holds from 8, to 12.

I think the main reason for this is balancing, Intergalactic' ships are overpowering because they can fling twice as many nukes at you, which is pretty ridiculous

the second reason I can think of is that a lot of people are using neutron platings and/or shield emenators, which means it's very very hard to actually kill someone with only 8 measly nukes especially if they know how to dodge.

I guess the last reason would be that it would make invading/redefending colonies in a 8 hold ship less tedious.

Let me know what you think or if you have anything to add please do so!

Thanks

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: Increasing hardware on ships

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 am

IGS is as slow as a Sethdar so having more nukes makes no difference.

A ISC with 12 nukes would be way too OP, it is the best and fastest out of the 3 main ships.

If you can't kill people in space fights then learn how to nuke better, even with no mods we were never able to kill anyone with 8 nukes anyway. Besides the CEO ship has 16 holds as well and is about as fast as a IGS anyway so problem solved without changing anything.

Now if we wanted to increase hardware on ships I would support it if it was done via the Admirals Club for tokens for a 24 hour period only. Would help building a bit as well but should only be available for tokens and a short period of time. Think of it as "renting" hardware slots for 24 hours.

I like changes but I think it should put some money in Toonces pocket for his time spent making such modifications to the game.

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 am

20 kps isn't much of a difference, if not upgrading to 12 hardware, we could always increase to 10. either way if you have a 4,6, or 8 nuke advantage on a guy your chances of winning are much greater.

Anyways the main reason I'm suggesting this is because nuking or negging out a nuke eater solo with 8 holds and redefending is very slow and tedious.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Agreed on the tedious but buying a IGS solves this problem invading/redefending. Easy way around this is sell a garbage barge to a port near the cols you want to invade then buy it to redefend the col after you cap it.

It seems that you solo invade a lot and this adds to the frustration of things going to slow playing Staport but there are other ways around this problem then changing the game dynamics. Keep in mind that if Toonces changes ship hardware slots then group invaders only become more effective and then builders suffer.

Keeping the increase in hardware slots in the Admirals Club makes the game better for everyone because a happy Toonces is good for all of us.

Drifter101

Post by Drifter101 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am

12 hardware slots for all war ships would be so much better. 8 nukes cant kill anything, 16 nukes is o/p.