New Server

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

What do you think

Good Idea
38%
Bad Idea
38%
Good Idea with changes (put changes in comments)
25%

Total votes: 8

godman

New Server

Post by godman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm

I am proposing a new perma.
If anyone was around back in 09ish, we had a server called classics homeworlds. (luna im sure you and thorin remember this one well).
However my ideas for changing the server will be as following.
10k Pop max.
More pollution than regular servers (to sustain balance between other servers and the smaller pop cap)
Only 2 disasters and the planet dies (also to sustain balance between the smaller pop cap and other servers)
Map similar to Dark Future ?
No mods
No Asteroids
Minimal amount of ports in server but a vast amount of systems( thanks to lookingglass for this suggestion)

If you put bad idea as your poll choice, please explain why.

Also any ideas on how to improve the idea will be appreciated and taken into consideration.
Last edited by godman on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

awesomepebble

Re: New Server

Post by awesomepebble » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 am

delete frontier wars and the old republic

godman

Post by godman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 am

awesomepebble wrote:delete frontier wars and the old republic
Im sorry pebble, but what does this have to do with the idea i suggested? not trying to be a teletubby, just wanted to know.

Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:50 am

Good idea but servers should be large with fewer ports then the spam ports on the new servers

godman

Post by godman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:51 am

Lookingglass wrote:Good idea but servers should be large with fewer ports then the spam ports on the new servers
Good idea, i like this. Make it so an arm has only 1 port in it and arms spread out ?
Edit: Idea added to the OP

godman

Post by godman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:51 am

who clicked bad idea and why ?

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 pm

I like the idea, but I'd like to be able to handle pollution more efficiently. I'd like to see all planets able to produce at least some tax for cleaning, without suffering. I would increase the viability on volcanic's a bit to make them more stable and coveted like they were years ago.

Ports as long as they have enough of the core resources are ok with not having one in each system. I don't like to have to go 6 hops to get organics, and oil, so balance them accordingly, and in the beginning perhaps set the ports to replenish people and resources faster. This encourages building, and money making ability to stabilize colonies in the allotted time frame.

Make builds a bit faster or give 5 days UN so colonies can be built correctly, which will help the newer players retain their planets. Limit contractors so large groups of vets don't dominate. Don't make huge, long arms or vets will assimilate the whole spot and newer, less experienced players will have no place to go. I'd rather have tons of planets and shorter arms, so it stays more balanced longer. Give sufficient bases to allow people to build, and invade. Pirates can visit regular bases, why not allow yellow players to visit pirate bases, but at an increased price? Not sure if this would be a negative or not, but Pirates and being evil isn't hard to achieve if you invade much, and it's always been a perk to getting nukes easy if you're evil. It's more fun to invade than build, so think of something fun for being yellow.

Absolutely no damn asteroids. Increased holds for building....510 on whale...ect.....