Alien Infested Planets

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MillionthVector

Alien Infested Planets

Post by MillionthVector » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Here's an idea, uncolonized planets randomly become infested with a new kind of alien, they build a hive and defend their colonies much like the UN. For shooting down a hive the game rewards you with a random choosing of 5 million credits, 100 tokens, a special spaceship that can only be gotten this way (rare, similar to CEO ship, with 16 holds), or a large drop of a resource (as a bad prize, hey, you can't win every time!).

Below I have listed the new defenses these aliens would use:

Hive:
The alien version of the bio-dome, but instead of capping it, it must be shot down with nukes, because its just too gross to land on:

Mine:
The alien version of a regular mine, damages your ship initially then continues to damage your ship less and less for 10 seconds (acid/toxin effect):

Alien NPC:
They fly right over walls and attack your ship with little slimewads, they are found only on the planets surface and launch from the hive when the planet is landed on.
The hive contains a maximum number of these NPCs (maybe 10?) and they are launched one every 10 seconds while someone is on the colony until they are all out of the hive, if one gets shot down, it takes 15 minutes for the hive to make a replacement.

Alien Turret
These function mainly as the regular laser turrets do, except they fire more powerful versions of the slimewads that regular aliens shoot instead of lasers.

Idea a loose version of an idea by Thayne on FW.

tekkamanblade

Re: Alien Infested Planets

Post by tekkamanblade » Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 am

remove all those rewards. there are about 10k planets in a server and they would eventually all be full of these things. i could log in and purge 10 permas of 10k of these and get 100 tokes every 5th one.

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm

dude major props to you and ur graphics, kinda a cool idea man but honestly i dont see toonces implenting any of these or anyone elses ideas anytime soon, keep on dreaming (seriously cool graphic skills) -cow

duece

Post by duece » Fri May 24, 2013 3:01 am

I love this idea. Maybe there should be a way to farm these aliens to build up a tougher planet defense? Like a deadly donkey garden lol.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri May 24, 2013 10:43 pm

I was thinking Donkey Raping Sh1t Eaters,

Very well done with the graphics, I found the same ones on google from another game :)

j/k

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 am

Looks like a pretty cool idea

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 am

I love this idea. I think this game lacks alien civilization. Why are the humans even exploring and colonizing far away planets if there is absolutely no other life in the galaxy besides their own?

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Wow what a great idea!! Would male the game way more interesting and people would have more fun invading