Classic Permaverse

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Noxious

Classic Permaverse

Post by Noxious » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:09 am

I know this would make a lot of veteran starport players very happy, as well as my self. I started playing starport when it first came out about 6 and a half to 7 years ago i cant quite remember, before there was a permaverse and battle royale was a rebang. I know from in game experiance, and dates on posts for the forums that way more people played when starport had alot of its old characteristics. There were way more people getting on the forums and playing the game. The least amount of people you would see on a server at a time might be 5 or 6, and thats if it was a dead server. With this little experiment, you will find that it will bring great success. Because If you ask any veteran player if toonces should make a classic perma, 100 percent of them will say of course. Please toonces, think this out.
Last edited by Noxious on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna

Re: Classic Permaverse

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 am

It's not quite as simple as we think. In conversations of the past, Toonces has told us he can't make a server exactly like the ones we all loved from 2004-2006. The patches that have happened since then can't be reversed without having an effect on a multitude of other things. Patches often introduce new game play, but also fix bugs, and as such are inter twined together. Removing bits would cause other bugs to emerge, and undo many bug/glitch fixes, and quite possibly cause some new ones.

The closest we've had to the Classic server we all remember was Classic Homeworlds, which lasted roughly 3+ years and then was deleted. It had some of the same aspects we all wanted, but many features from space fighting, solar, and nukes couldn't be totally reversed to mimic the first servers.