New Resource and Building

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

LordSturm

New Resource and Building

Post by LordSturm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 am

I was thinking, to add a little more depth/stuff to do to the game, that it would be interesting to add a new quite rare/hard to find resource (i havent though of a name) it would be an incredibly rare drop from an alien that would only give one or two of the resource when dropped, the resource would be used to build a new building (have also not thought of a name) that basically allows the solar cannon on the planet this building is built on to be able to fire at 120 bpm instead of the reduced maximum of 100.

it would also provide a bonus of 20 bpm to the colony in question so if it was built on a planet currently sporting 100 bmp it would bump it to 120 bmp without increasing military. I feel this would add a little something for already established players to do, and let players slightly beef up their favorite planets without creating the problem that used to exist where every planet could have the best possible defence. i think the new building should cost 1k of each resource, and ONE of the newly created resource, and 5 million credits.

MillionthVector

Re: New Resource and Building

Post by MillionthVector » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Would be epic on a DD with a windy path to get to the dome :D.