Make it so you can't fly through lasers in space?

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MrMcZ

Make it so you can't fly through lasers in space?

Post by MrMcZ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:04 am

I'm not entirely sure of the negative effects this could have besides it would make auto pilot more difficult. I think it would be nice because most people have the skill to fly right through the lasers with little consequence and can even land in a heavily layered port without problem. It would add a bit more strategy when layering systems too.

DaPirate

Re: Make it so you can't fly through lasers in space?

Post by DaPirate » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:58 am

If pb is lazered or port is lazered and you dont got any weps your doomed, dont really like this idea.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 am

not a very good idea in my opinion

MillionthVector

Post by MillionthVector » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Yeah I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with pirate and pebble, someone could chase you into a port and laser the thing and you'd be dead.

MrMcZ

Post by MrMcZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 am

I was just throwing it out there because it seems that unless being used in active combat, lasers dont really help with much since it is easy to port right through them. I just realised that fighting people in their lasers is hard enough anyways. Maybe rather then making them solid they should have less life and do more damage IN SPACE ONLY. That way it would be easier to killthe lasers if you are fighting a player in the system but they would do more damage to you (and take away morr energy) making them a bit more usful keeping people out of systems and ports

Zangetsu

Post by Zangetsu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:23 am

i agree with MrMcz, lasers are way too easy to get past now days, and you all saying that would make u die, what u think lasers in space are ment to do? let u live, no lol there, there to kill you, upping the damage and energy take would be a good idea, lowing the health has he said perfect too, makes it more balance, don't be newbs and say oh no it'll be too hard, nothing is hard on this game, if toonces actually did the laser thing it would make the game better and more challenging :D so stop been pussywossys

Zangetsu

DaPirate

Post by DaPirate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:07 am

i like that 2nd idea, just not the first!

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Mon May 13, 2013 5:54 pm

they actually used to be deadly enough to lock out all competition in the universe, be glad they are nerfed.