New Ship!

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

New Ship!

Post by 0zzy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Okay so I read Faints ship idea and it inspired me...

How about a large ship with 8 holds, it has 21k sheilds and moves quite slowly, similar to that of a vulture.

However, it has the ability to pickup allies (corpies), e.g a bit like following someone on blitz, you enter there ship and u take no damage when that ship is taking damage. The ship owner will be able to see who's in him from the holdings. I think this would work brilliantly on blitz...

- Would allow weak flower ships and barges to go inside, and be taken safely to col.
- Imagine having a few avengers inside, someone attacks the ship, all the avengers come out and kick donkey
- You're on the col, they're about to cap, ur team mates are all low, they hide inside you and you run to port, they disembark when the coast is clear
- Hide corpies.

I think this ship would work brilliantly on blitz, yet to come up with a name for it though.

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: New Ship!

Post by Toonces » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:27 am

sounds like an aircraft carrier or a capital ship

0zzy

Post by 0zzy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Air craft carrier, bang on what am onabout.

Would be great for blitz, can imagine it now :L

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

0zzy wrote:Would be great for blitz, can imagine it now :L
agreed

WhAcKeD

Post by WhAcKeD » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:59 am

theres been so many new ship requests but toonces hasnt made a single one. but if he is going to...this is the one

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:27 am

Fairly good idea indeed.

0zzy

Post by 0zzy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Toonces what do you think of the idea?

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:32 am

i love this idea, would be good for barging on permas too

KingDemon

Post by KingDemon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Great Idea.

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 am

I think it's a cool idea... But I don't think it should be able to land on colonies. Having a 21k meatshield that can drop fully shielded much faster and agile team mates? Wouldn't work.

But it is a good idea, here are a few ideas I had about it.

- Make the fuel it uses split between the players -- it wouldn't be hard to pay the first noob coming along a lot of money when you start running out of fuel to barge you wherever you want. Also discourages multiple accounts.
- As I said, it can't land on cols or it'd ruin the balance.
- The energy, turning speed and thrust need to completely suck on this ship for it to work and not completely tank everything.
- Limit the number of ships it can carry. I would think in blitz it should carry more but in a conventional galaxy (if it's even implemented there, as this seems like it'd be more of a blitz ship) probably cap at 2-4.
- Make it bigger and so much slower than the other ships. Huge, in fact. So huge and slow that it makes it entirely impractical to use it offensively.
- A small selections of auto turrets to mount it with that use the ships energy -- player can turn to manual, auto or slow auto (to not burn energy, as full auto would wreck the slowly-regenerating energy)... this is because it's a carrier... It'd be easy to outrun and avoid, but it shouldn't be a complete sitting duck.

0zzy

Post by 0zzy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 am

Jeb wrote:I think it's a cool idea... But I don't think it should be able to land on colonies. Having a 21k meatshield that can drop fully shielded much faster and agile team mates? Wouldn't work.

But it is a good idea, here are a few ideas I had about it.

- Make the fuel it uses split between the players -- it wouldn't be hard to pay the first noob coming along a lot of money when you start running out of fuel to barge you wherever you want. Also discourages multiple accounts.
- As I said, it can't land on cols or it'd ruin the balance.
- The energy, turning speed and thrust need to completely suck on this ship for it to work and not completely tank everything.
- Limit the number of ships it can carry. I would think in blitz it should carry more but in a conventional galaxy (if it's even implemented there, as this seems like it'd be more of a blitz ship) probably cap at 2-4.
- Make it bigger and so much slower than the other ships. Huge, in fact. So huge and slow that it makes it entirely impractical to use it offensively.
- A small selections of auto turrets to mount it with that use the ships energy -- player can turn to manual, auto or slow auto (to not burn energy, as full auto would wreck the slowly-regenerating energy)... this is because it's a carrier... It'd be easy to outrun and avoid, but it shouldn't be a complete sitting duck.
- The whole barge other player ideas is brilliant, why split fuel? Encourages a new way of making money for noobs, I like it.
- Well that goes without saying, energy, turning and speed should be vulture like.
- 8 should be the cap, too low and it limits the large war'esque elements of it.
- Size has no affect on speed? ISC is far larger than a merch but also far faster, and anyway it being large once again goes without saying.
- Something like that would be cool.

I doubt the ship would be overpowered, or even that widely used, more of a niche for certain cols, wars, barging and mainly blitz

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:00 pm

hey i know this is old and all, but this sounds like starcraft sorta ship to me, as much as i like it, i agree it wouldnt be able to land on planets and it should be pretty expensive...also think about this 21k shileds + 8 shield capicitators = ouch :/ ...id love to see a new ship some time...-cow