another idea for newbs

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

another idea for newbs

Post by GuardianDragon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am

All newbs have a practice planet so they know how to advance in the game, when I had the tutorial I don't think I was every told how to raise a planet.

For example, lets use mars, that planet in sol.
All newbs use mars as their planet, all newbs see the planet in a different way, if you know what I mean, it's a dome that belongs to more than one person, but still look different for every person. The planet is in sol and can't be invaded.

There could be an added part of the tutorial to learn about planets into a deeper sense. Once the players are no longer newbs they can no longer use "mars".

Voltage

Re: another idea for newbs

Post by Voltage » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 am

Good idea for newbs.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:38 am

Sounds awesome, but i think the major problem would be the implimentation of such an idea.

Defo sounds good though :)

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 am

Very good idea, I extremely approve.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 pm

ya

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Or - What about turning Earth into a colony?

Let me explain:

As it is now, the Earth planet in Sol does nothing huge. It gives you an interesting image and unlimited colonists essentially.

Why not take away that image and turn it into a colony that STILL provides unlimited colonists, but new players can take a look around, play around with the settings and see what happens with the settings resetting when they leave the colony?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:32 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:Or - What about turning Earth into a colony?

Let me explain:

As it is now, the Earth planet in Sol does nothing huge. It gives you an interesting image and unlimited colonists essentially.

Why not take away that image and turn it into a colony that STILL provides unlimited colonists, but new players can take a look around, play around with the settings and see what happens with the settings resetting when they leave the colony?

Meh, then there would have to be another place that provides unlimited followers. Noobs use Sol for colonists. Thats why they build near sol. Using Mars is completely fine in my book.

Destinybound

Post by Destinybound » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:Or - What about turning Earth into a colony?

Let me explain:

Meh, then there would have to be another place that provides unlimited followers. Noobs use Sol for colonists. Thats why they build near sol. Using Mars is completely fine in my book.
Earth would still provide infinite colonists, you would just have to go to the dome to retrieve them.