Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Building-boost ideas (easy fixes):

reduce all building resource costs by 50%

reduce rushing costs 20%

increase colony cash-maximum to 12-15 mil

reduce all weapon costs by 25% of each resource

increase weapon construction speed by 20%

(Experimental Ideas:)

+2-5% metal harvesting bonus to each planet, per friendly colony in system (dependent on the server, some have more planets in systems than others)

New defense turrets (very risky to invading balance)

Uber-cool new building ideas:

Ship construction yard (non-planet specific): builds ships at a LARGE cash & resource cost (costs a ton to build the building as well obviously), can construct performance modules or weapon modules as well, stores up to 4 ships and 32 modules

Ship hangar (non planet specific): mini ship construction yard. Much cheaper than the construction yard, allows players to STORE up to 2 ships and 16 mods/weapons, no construction capabilities.

Spicemine 2.0: greatly boosts oil & medicine production (in addition to past bonuses)

Lava Mill 2.0: uranium costs for weapons are a 1/3 of normal, weapon production bonus is increased by 1/3

Ion Tower 2.0: generates static on the colony's minimap, the closer the player gets to the dome, the more static. OR~ produces an erratic gravitational field, pulling the player in for 2-4 seconds, pushing the next 2-4 seconds (moderate gravity strength, not too big not too small, needs balancing obviously)

Missile complex (non planet specific): decreases nuke costs by 10 uranium, 10 equipment, decreases negotiator cost by 5 equipment. Increases maximum nuke/neg capacity to 650.

Entertainment industry: any entertainment constructed on a planet not only adds to that planet's morale, but all others in system as well. (Ok this might be a tad unbalanced, maybe 20% of the entertainment applies to others? great for zounds colonies. Effects stack up to a 50% total bonus)

**FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OWN**

Drifter101

Re: MORE IDEAS FOR BUILDERS!

Post by Drifter101 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:20 pm

building is not hard, so no to reducing resource req.

having a shipyard could be neat, a bit o/p having spare ships all over the place though, so only 1 ship per yard and something like 100 spice per tick upkeep. Also if you want to add a ship there you have to add the ship youre flying and then you are left in a pod. These things would to stop it all being too easy to have a spare ship in every system.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I think there should be a drop down button somewhere that allows you to pick a resource, and from the on whenever you enter a planet or port, it auto picks up or buys that resource. invaders have something similar now with their shields/negs/exit buttons.

(posting mine here too since JC tried to over shadow mine with capital letters :roll: )

duece

Post by duece » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:18 am

Improve the lesser used planet types
I posted an idea forever ago to increase the number of discoveries from 10 for the crappier planet types, and to let IGPs get all 80 to make them awesome. But if that can't be done then at least do it conventionally. The goal to is to make each planet equally valuable but still unique.
Volcanics
-Increase Oil, Anaerobe, and Uranium harvesting rates by a lot (50-100%)
-Lava Mill should double production rates(I think it was nerfed to 50%, if not then nvm).
-Maybe also give a boost to the base reproduction rate.

Greenhouse
-Increase Medicine and Oil harvest.
-The ion tower should really be changed to affect something that matters.
-Reproduction rate boost.

Desert
-Reduce pollution by 25%
-The spice mine building should automatically add commodities market level 3 (making it possible to reach commodities market lvl 8 for deserts)

duece

Post by duece » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:22 am

This isn't a quick fix at all, but I love this idea.
http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewto ... =6&t=18942
duece wrote: Spice cost to transport resources/capital homeworld

This is a two part idea.

Part 1)
Allow colonies to schedule automatic import/export of resources within a system at a cost of spice. Something like 1 unit of spice to ship 4 other resources.

Why?
Spice is the most valuable resource, it should be the most useful. This will make Desert planets one of the most valued and Frank Herbert's ghost will stop crying.

Part 2)
This is a modification of the capital homeworlds idea that was posted on this board forever ago.

Basically every corp gets to select one system that will function as their capital, in which the cost to ship resources will be free (0 spice). And for every hop out they go from the capital system, the spice cost to ship resources will rise exponentially so that at 5 hops it will be 1 unit of spice for 4 resources and at 10 hops it will be 8 spice for 1 resource.

Why?
This allows every corp to have a home base where they can extract high productivity/military on low pollution colonies, but after a certain distance out colonies would behave as they do now. This allows casual players to carve out smaller patches of territories for themselves, but on the whole doesn't affect large empires very much. So it gives something to the little guy, and cuts slack for casual players.

The numbers can be modified as needed.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:37 pm

@ The issue of preventing shipyards from being too common, my view is that a natural cap will be unsatisfying. Instead have it regulated by cost. The cost to produce ships should be high enough that it is limited to very few planets. For example, it could be included as a construction item, where a percent of workforce is dedicated to constructing a ship hull, or set of mods, along with a builder-esq requirement for a varied resource quota, such as a mix of metal, anaerobes, uranium, spice (large amounts per ship, think 1-5,000 each per ship).

Of course, the buildings themselves will need to be pricey and time consuming to make. It is easy enough to ferry crap to a hangar in your off time using excess fuel. Maybe 10,000 metal in conjunction with a mandatory x-number of build points?(no rushing)

And I take no credit for any of these ideas nor do I try to overshadow anyone. Im sure these have all been suggested in various places at various times before, just want to put my two cents into it. And by no means make this the only idea thread, we need exposure and saturation to gain toonces' attention.