Improve ISC and Sethdar!

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Drifter101

Improve ISC and Sethdar!

Post by Drifter101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Ever since IG and CEO got 16 missile bays the ISC and Seth have been horribly inferior. So... upgrade them to 12 hardware slots each (and probably upgrade battleship too). 8 slots is no fun anyway, you cant kill 16k shields with 8 nukes, even if they all hit the enemy will limp away with 1000 or so shields left. Twelve hardware slots for these ships would rebalance things a bit and increase combat fun, what do you think?

Also I think it would be nice if hardware was displayed the same way as cargo, so for example instead of having 10 nukes all displayed in separate bays youd have just a picture of one nuke with the number 10 in the corner, would stop the hardware taking up lots of screen space.

Mel'Kaven

Re: Improve ISC and Sethdar!

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:35 am

Dont upgrade! downgrade!

If you upgrade then everything just gets better and better until there is no curve on anything.

downgrade the IGS, leave the CEO. CEO is slow as hug now, it deserves 16 holds. IGS is still agile and is used for invading/attacking so it should still have 16 holds.

Drifter101

Post by Drifter101 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:If you upgrade then everything just gets better and better until there is no curve on anything.
I hear what youre saying, but I think 8 nukes is not enough seeing as it cant kill other 16k ships, upgrade to 12 nukes would be optimal and not overpowered.

Faint

Post by Faint » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Well iv allways had a solo player mindset...and honestly im not too sure if i can kill a modded ceo with a seth and 8 nukes.. before i could grav and splash dmg ppl while they were emp and finish em off with the nukes..but now u cant even compete..the damage that can be dealt just doesn't add up...and if u notice..in ceo vs ceo fights...you usually use like 12 nukes....so i agree there is a huge imbalance in the ceo ship vs the rest of the ships. He did this to at least give somone the chance to stand up to an IGS which is understandable..but idk its sorta forces everyone to get CEO ships now to compete at all.

I suggest whole new ships..new specialties..give us more variety of the biggest ships. Say for example my topic on battleships and other huge ships instead of smaller fighter ships...lets think epic..sge needs some epic ships...something that ppl will work for like they work on their colonies. possibly a moving planet that can destroy other planets aswell. jokin really but w.e..in the end i just hope he stops changing everything and makes new things.

duece

Post by duece » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 am

I like this idea, ISC, Seth, and Battleship (maybe just do the battleship to 10?).

duece

Post by duece » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 am

I like this idea, ISC, Seth, and Battleship (maybe just do the battleship to 10?).