[IDEA] A Classic Idea

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

M2-Destroyer

[IDEA] A Classic Idea

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 am

I've been thinking about this for a while and the fact that we don't have this has put me off playing Starport a lot. I hope that because i'm thinking this, some players, older ones especially, will have thought of this too.

I'd quite like to see a properly classic either Perma or Re-bang. One of the MUST HAVE's is single shot solars, back to those days.

Back in those days, you didn't need to have uber invading skills to invade a planet solo and it seems like nowadays, most planets have a 10/120.

Perhaps i'm just complaining for the sake of complaining, but i prefer to play solo, not to rely on other people and not to have them rely on me, i don't like being forced to have to work as a team to get anywhere.

Just go build i've had people say to me, but whats the point building on a server where there is maybe 20-30 empty planets spread across the entire server? Doesn't seem like an efficient thing to do to me, but that's just me.

What i've said is just an opinion and an idea of mine, i don't speak for anyone else.

/Discuss.

Stealth_

Re: [IDEA] A Classic Idea

Post by Stealth_ » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 am

I like your idea i miss playing back in the day when this game was so much simpler, now adays it either takes to long, or alot of money to solo colonys.. especially if they have cmines near dome. I wish this would happen but i don't really see it happening since toonces is trying to move forward with the game instead of backwards.

Maybe a classic big bang for this idea would be good 60-90 day game?

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

I prefer solo playing over corporate playing any day and it feels like we're being forced into playing co-operatively, one style of gameplay and it irritates me.

Still though, it would be nice to have even just for nostalgia's sake.

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:31 pm

I think solo and group invading are fun but I think its the fact that the solar is technically nerfed from what it was in most of the sense... I still think most of the points in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17894 are still valid. Playing the battering ram game is easier than playing the no-hit game but I don't see a no-hit game being plausible with 10/120 shots all over the fkin place like they are... I'd love to play an old school server like this again those times were freaking awesome, if not the best I've had. But I also think its way past time to have a more versatile solar cannon; more than just a multi-shot/multi-spread. 10/120 is the plain and simple best... Too simple and leaves much room for error imo.

I don't care if its a one time bang, rebang, extended rebang or perma I'm all for an oldschool server in any form. Extended rebang sounds like it would be the best though.

MelKaven

Post by MelKaven » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:45 pm

A rebang of these sorts would be amazing.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:36 am

A proper old school extended rebang would be awesome :) Definetly :)

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:30 pm

sounds alright, but something tells me the builders wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 pm

No thanks. We already got GA, and that's about as classic as toonces is willing to go.

1 shot solars are so long ago, man.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 am

@Barefoot

No-one said it had to be a rebang.

I'm just asking for a server that is wholly classic, okay so it has the only 1shot solars, but that should make a bigger stop to stagnation, since colonies would constantly be changing hands and even the humble newbie could take something - It would prevent one person/corp from hoarding thousands of 10/120's.

SiN

Post by SiN » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:23 pm

The only way this would really take off is if you upped dmg and energy lost when hit by a solar. Because, the result of invading in the multi shot era makes one shots so ridiculously ez that it wouldn't be fun to invade or build.

Prometheus

Post by Prometheus » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:35 pm

I agree with this idea.

On Golden Age I'm a one man corp and often find it challenging to not only take a well defended high solar colony on my own, but also with negs since my cols haven't had time to create a sufficient amount of nukes for invasion of a planet. Although the high solar colonies are nice and provide another level of difficulty, I think that this new rebang/perma server would be a nice addition to the game.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:22 pm

the players continue wanting an old version of the game, and we continue not getting it. logically, bringing it up again still wont make it happen.

and if it did id want this only as a rebang. NO MORE PERMAS. the game will probably already die in the next year as it is.