The List of Ideas.

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

TT

Re: The List of Ideas.

Post by TT » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 am

Cloud1 wrote:1.Less ports to stop mad rsing.
Different servers have different amount of ports. I usually prefer more ports because its generally more fun.

2.Show the amount of defences on each colony in the holdings below the solar cannon.
Good idea, /approve.

3.Tutorial (ingame) I will make a video when I'm not busy.
There is one already, but it sucks. Many people have suggested improving it already.

4.Normal mines do more damage then c-mines.
I like this idea, as is, nobody uses mines ever.

5. Get rid of the c-mine trick where a person can run them over and have someone behind him not take any c-mine damage to cap.
In a word, NO. In two words, HELL NO. This is a cool trick and its lots of fun.

6 fix the energy on the old republic/ nukes go little slower so we can dodge with skill.
This sounds like 2 ideas, I actually don't mind that energy regen is slightly less then before. I miss dodging nukes.

7. A u.n corp with Intelligent A.I's that could kill you, and are able to build/invade.
I guess I don't really see the point of this one, I like playing against humans.

8. When you own a system all the planet's expect pax is able to build a solar cannon but the resources are al-ot and it costs like 20mil or something in space.
I don't understand this one, are you saying solar cannon in space? Kinda cool idea.

9. Able to move around dome with tokens one time, so newbies can fix there layout problem or when you invade another planet.

Not a terrible idea, being able to move domes could be cool but would be more unfair to newbies. They do the work of building the colony, but with bad dome. Good player comes in, fixes dome placement and now newbie will never be able to recap.

10. Only the ceo is able to sell stuff on planets/and the owner. ( no sabatoge)

Another idea thats been suggested many times. If you don't trust your corpmates you are in the wrong corp.

11. Able to test run you're planets defenses and solar cannon. ( for newbies who don't know how to plant them.)
Something suggested before again, an idea I've always liked.

12. able to see the other ships energy with an scanner buying with tokens or credits.
Not sure how useful seeing their energy would be. I would much rather know how many shields they have.

13. Increase some of the XXXXXXX near the warp hole so instea deaths are little nerfed.
Don't like this idea, although some layouts with small landing zones are overpowered, nerfing them would lead to even less layouts that are worth building.

14. Solar gun 1 ball of energy that is slow but very powerfull to buy with tokens or credits.
Is this a ship weapon or a turret? Either way, if its very slow it prob wouldn't be very useful.

15. more intelligent NPCS.
Agreed, some don't seem to be able to use their weapons effectively at all.

16. A certain amount of exp gained able to get 1 stat point since really exp is nothing on a perma, or a level up system?
Don't like this idea at all. One of the greatest things about this game is that players can come in and compete on a pretty level playing field. If established players had big bonuses over new players it would be unfair.

17. mini games for another server Like racing? dodging stuff?. the fastest invader? the best fighter?
Might be cool idea if fleshed out with details more.

18. A tourney for fighters for tourney points, 5k to enter.
Every once in awhile people organize these already. Usually the logistics of getting people together make it difficult. If there was a special server designed for this stuff it could be pretty cool.

My thoughts on your ideas.

Chuck Norris

Re: The List of Ideas.

Post by Chuck Norris » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm

#4 would get ppl to use reg. mines, making it require more tactics to defend a col, so good idea.
#5.....HELL NO! This is just a part of the game that reuires skill and tactics, making it funner. Removing this would just make them have to rs a few more times before they could cap, but toonces definately should not remove the ram cap. (<---- what you call the "mine trick")
#7 sounds like a great idea, i would enjoy this
#8 ehhh, would be cool at first, but would get a lot of newbs shot down whereever they go, make it extremely hard to barge, ect.. too many flaws.
#11 i really like this idea, i have thought it before, i wish there was an option for you to like land your col at the door and have your defs attack you so you could like test if your mili is good enough, if you like the solar settings, ect. i would like to see this happen.
#14 you're saying the solar cannon on col shoots the ball of energy, right? this would be neat, maybe they could have more settings on solar cannon so it would involve more tactics, so they could have like the origional bolt, a very thin laser that does more damage but is easy to swerve through (like get through the gaps between 2 bolts of a solar blast), and then the 3rd setting like you said, the ball of energy, i would like this