World record list for each Rebang

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Deadwood

World record list for each Rebang

Post by Deadwood » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 am

I have played a few rebangs and i have noticed that the lack of activity can make the games a tad boring. but how about introducing a list of records for each rebang; the could include

Highest ever Exp total
Highest ever Npc kills
Highest ever Pkill

But really for me it would be the total exp at the end of the game.

This would really motivate people to strive for the best that they could otherwise if there is no real competition it is easy to slack of and just coast to an easy gold.

If there was a record for each rebang then it would encourage people to play different rebangs as they try to set as many records as possible, plus there is the kudos of owning that record.

Barefoot

Re: World record list for each Rebang

Post by Barefoot » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am

I agree, and it woudn't be that hard either. Just model it after the permaverses. The "Monthly" tab would be replaced with the current game, and the "Total" tab could be replaced with an "All-time" list. This would preserve exp, kills, ect.

Deadwood

Post by Deadwood » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Barefoot thats an even better idea than i had. then even if you did not break the work record you may have hit the number 4 slot for the alltime greatest

TT

Post by TT » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:06 am

Fun stuff
Game Design, Starport, Upcoming

I’m excited as I type this post. We are working on pulling servers statistics into a sql database onto the webserver. What that means is that (the website will start crashing periodically :)) we can build tables of stuff like characters with the top 10 experience across all galaxies. Or, for example, the people with the most npc kills or colony captures across all galaxies. No more will you be limited to comparing yourself to players in your galaxy. Sql will make the data accessable, searchable and sortable. Also for the rebang players it will immortalize your achivement of the win of that bang of the server.

Those are the lofty goals, it will likely start small with stuff like experience, rep and the stuff you currently see in most player’s profiles. The tables will expand from there. I’m hoping this will lower the instances of multi-accounting by making you more attached to your character. More scoreboards will mean more ways to compete and play starport and we’ll be looking for input as we develop this and it will be an ongoing process of us adding things to it as the game matures.

I’m currently working with Lovecraft to get this ball rolling and will happily update you with our progress.

Tim
This was posted on the developer blog on Sept 5. 08. Maybe we should remind them that we still like this idea :)

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12989

*cough* been mentioned before

after which it ended up on the dev blog, but it (so far) never made it into the game. Toonces pm'd me this (see picture) about it, I pm'd Caffcoder, but he never responded.