Toonces you want this game to be more real and better???

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

gothicorpunk

Toonces you want this game to be more real and better???

Post by gothicorpunk » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Make the bank have no limit.
Make you able to buy morale because if some one gave me money I'd be happier.
Make it so you can hold more cash on hand so when you die with 100m lose 25m but get 200m back you will be able to hold.
Don't make the money go to your bank when you die because how is they truly possible?
Make the game 3d. lol :) sry had to add.

I can't think of more right now but fell free to add some that will make the game better or more real.

squeemish

Re: Toonces you want this game to be more real and better???

Post by squeemish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:30 am

gothicorpunk wrote:Make the bank have no limit.
I just posted this in another thread but I think in needs repeating. Pasted from other thread:

No. The modules do change the economics a bit, but not enough to make a credit limit change. In non-ending MMO's like S:GE, resources (including cash) need to either be scarce, finite, or there needs to be an inflationary economy. Toonces has chosen "scarce" for bangs and "finite" for permas. Dynamic pricing has given us a tame taste of inflation, but I guarantee you would hate a true inflationary economy. Be careful what you ask for. Please, everyone, stop suggesting higher credit limits.
gothicorpunk wrote:Make you able to buy morale because if some one gave me money I'd be happier.
Buying happiness comes up every now and then. The problem is you shouldn't be able to rush everything in S:GE. You can rush construction with cash, and you can knock back pollution with cash. You need some things that can't be rushed (which are currently morale, discoveries, and burning). I would support a one-time use arti that gives you a 200pt bump, or keeping money in the dome to increase the morale rate, but not a "rush"-like solution.
gothicorpunk wrote:Make it so you can hold more cash on hand so when you die with 100m lose 25m but get 200m back you will be able to hold.
I sort of agree. The limit should stay 100mil on-hand and in-bank, but upon dying you should be able to take in the extra cash. But this overage should not be able to be increased in any other way. Also that overage should be taxed at a high rate on an hourly basis to avoid any abuse. Spend it quick or loose it.
gothicorpunk wrote:Don't make the money go to your bank when you die because how is they truly possible?
I think its fine going to the bank. First, it is "possible" because it is insurance money being paid out. Also its better for noobs because they won't loose more if they get shot down again. Typically you're going to a base to get a new ship anyway.
gothicorpunk wrote:Make the game 3d. lol :) sry had to add.
Yeah, but it would be a complete re-write, Also 3D would completely change the gameplay dynamics (most importantly fighting and invading). PlayTechtonics might get pushed in that direction if 2D games start getting a bad name, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

toast

Re: Toonces you want this game to be more real and better???

Post by toast » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 pm

No.