Yes?
55%
No?
45%

Total votes: 11

BardockSGE

Censore

Post by BardockSGE » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:23 pm

Okay. If there is a way to do this, I'm completely missing it. Could we have the option to turn off the censore on forums? We are able to do it in game, so I don't see why we can't on the forum. I'm sure, hopeful, that there are enough mature users to be able to handle it. If there's already a way to do this, please tell me because I'm completely missing it if there is.

DarkLStrike

Re: Censore

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm pretty sure there isn't. (It's censor by the way ;))

Major.Arse

Re: Censor

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:50 am

There is a feature much like in the game to allow/block curses with the new forum format. (my idea was to make it the default for new users to block curses, like in the game...and for the adults to allow it.

However, admins have taken away this privilege...If you remember a year back or so, you would have done the same, but with this new option i think we should have the choice to be care-bare staring Eskimos that like to hug stuff with silly phrases ...or adults.

"All ages" means: not ALL of us are children.

KG

Post by KG » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:37 pm

That's news to me. I thought it was one of these "real-time" filters that permanently replaces the questionable word with something else when you post.

And yes, I think it'd be a good idea to have the option, although I'm not sure which way the poll goes...is that a "yes, I don't want the censor on for everyone", or a "no, don't have the censor on for everyone"?

KG

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:57 pm

KG wrote:That's news to me. I thought it was one of these "real-time" filters that permanently replaces the questionable word with something else when you post.

And yes, I think it'd be a good idea to have the option, although I'm not sure which way the poll goes...is that a "yes, I don't want the censor on for everyone", or a "no, don't have the censor on for everyone"?

KG
Yes = You want the option to turn off the censore if you choose.
No = No, I believe the censore should remain and apply to everyone of all ages.

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Well, although it is desirable, what you are proposing is impossible. As far as I know, this forum software does not have the option to replace a particular word for only a selected few individuals. Basically, the forum permanently replaces the offensive word before the reply is actually posted; it does not do it temporarily in real time as you are browsing.

akito

Post by akito » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:57 am

you should just learn leet speak and do that number for letter SH!T.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 am

toonces could allow us adults to block what we see fit to block with the new forum options. he could default it to kiddie like in his game.