Intergalactic's Ship

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

chronas

Intergalactic's Ship

Post by chronas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:11 am

For a ship that you have to buy with money, this is almos useless. The ceo ship has the same amount of shields and carries 16 hardware items and 200 cargo holds. The Intergalactic's ship only carries only 8 hardware items and only 160 cargo holds. The speed is the only real advantage. Firewave is good but in most cases i use the graviton beam. Truethfully if you want people to pay for a ship like that i think they deserve more for their money. Dont you think its about time to add something new to this ship and make it worth the money?

Armor

Re: Intergalactic's Ship

Post by Armor » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Yeah, I've never been pleased with the IGS. Peanutz bought me one once on Classic and I promptly got an ISC and gave the tokens back to her. I found the firewave quite useless unless you're right on top of the person - I much prefer torps for invading *and* dogfighting - the speed wasn't that much improved to really make it worthwhile, and I die way too much to lose 1.5k tokens every time. Plus, as you mentioned, the cargo stats suck compared to the CEO - barely even better than the ISC.

I agree - if somebody is going to invest RL currency - and indeed lose it rather frequently in most cases (and perhaps more frustratingly, probably to a d/c death or something the way this game works) - it should be more worthwhile than this.

akito

Post by akito » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:42 pm

the biggest advantage of the igs was that u could get it anywhere anytime rather than returning to base for it. same for tokened nukes.

pewpewpew
Location: In mah uber dreamsower, shooting nukes at you by the dozen.

Post by pewpewpew » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Changes not to make:
Ridiculous weapons such as:
---5x Vulture special
Over 12KPS, 10-11 TWS, or 12 DPS

Changes to make:(no more than two)
10 DPS, KPS, TWS, and the like (more agile ship, more regen, doges nukes)
+500 shields? 1000?(self explanatory)
-more fuel efficiency(EVERY top player would get one)
Secondary Changes:
(If keeping firewave)
-allow firewave to be customized spread(like sol cannon)
-Make firewave go through ships and do damage
-upp firewave dmg
(If Replacing firewave)
-Have the secondary shoot a bunch of bullets in the direction of nearest target or aimed at target.
-"lock on" missiles, Requires 1-3 seconds to "lock on" and then fires seeking. Does not seek if not locked on and fired. Lock on wears off after 2 seconds of discontinued contact(facing target)
-Have secondary Increase main weapon fire rate/damage/decrease energy
-Ramming Secondary

The IGS was always a pirate substitute for the isc

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Indeed, the IGS is simply not worth the price anymore unless you are on rebangs at which point it is TOO strong as it gives the people who buy it a head-start. However, the ship COULD stay as it is, we have more pressing matters. "WAR SERVER" FTW!

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:14 pm

igs is fine as it is

chronas

Post by chronas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:Indeed, the IGS is simply not worth the price anymore unless you are on rebangs at which point it is TOO strong as it gives the people who buy it a head-start. However, the ship COULD stay as it is, we have more pressing matters. "WAR SERVER" FTW!

That may be true, but on the perma's its actually better to just use the ceo ship.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 am

I said:
Indeed, the IGS is simply not worth the price anymore unless you are on rebangs at which point it is TOO strong as it gives the people who buy it a head-start. However, the ship COULD stay as it is, we have more pressing matters. "WAR SERVER" FTW!

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:41 pm

IGS is perfectly fine. If you don't buy it for the weapon, you buy for the handling and advantage in early game play.

Camara

Post by Camara » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:32 am

I am thinking of buying this ship, but have a few questions first. If my ship gets blown up, will I get an insurance payout in tokens aswell as the cash for the rest of the stuff? Can I get a trade in value for it if I decide not to keep it? The starpedia says that the top speed is 9000 - is this right, or an error (it's 20 times faster than mine which is why I am asking)?

Thanks very much,

Camara

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:56 am

It's an error in the Starpedia.. it says the top speed of the ISC is 9 and the IGS is 9000 if I remember correctly. They both have the same top speed, but the IGS accelerates much faster than an ISC making it much more maneuverable.

If you die or trade it in, you are reimbursed 8500 tokens, if I'm not mistaken.

toast

Post by toast » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 pm

ive heard a rumor that it is now 7500 tokens. i think i saw catfish post that somewhere. Everything else megaman say is gospel truth.

Alphakiller1101

Post by Alphakiller1101 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:06 pm

akito wrote:the biggest advantage of the igs was that u could get it anywhere anytime rather than returning to base for it. same for tokened nukes.
umm.... no. you have to be at a starbase.

and guys, I already posted a topic, yet you open a new discussion? this is my topic

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:09 pm

To be quite honest, i dont know what the reimbursement is. Ive died before, and traded it in before, and gotten 7500 back. but then ive d/ced and died after that and gotten 8.5k. who knows :roll:

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Alphakiller1101 wrote:
akito wrote:the biggest advantage of the igs was that u could get it anywhere anytime rather than returning to base for it. same for tokened nukes.
umm.... no. you have to be at a starbase.
If you read akito's post again properly you'll see he said 'was the biggest advantage' not 'is'!

At least read the whole post before trying to correct someone! :roll:

Don't think I've been in an IGS since that was changed...

Moleman

duece

Post by duece » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:18 pm

The igs should be left alone but given 2 extra module bays.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:03 pm

robotchicken wrote:The igs should be left alone but given 2 extra module bays.
I think that'd be a great addition to the IGS. 2 module bays really isn't THAT big an advantage.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:09 am

now with the refund nerfed it needs a boost even if you thought it didnt the last time this thread came around. i think it needs to go back to being purchased anywhere like its supposed to be. same for token nukes, since pirate bases are freaking everywhere now whats the difference?

Camara

Post by Camara » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:28 pm

For everyone's reference I have got the IGS now and the trade in value is 7500 tokens which I assume is the same as the insurance payout if / when I get blown up in it!!!

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm

says 4k ion my ship profile screen