Vote extra powers for emperors?

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Top ranked captains get special abilities?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 158

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:02 pm

hate these ideas, they r all either overpowered or underpowered...

hows about this: there is an "emporers club" at every place except pb and pb has "overlords club". in this place u can buy a third special used with SPACEBAR. u can choose any secodnary weapon, meaning, u buy a ship, u have a isc w/ vutlure special and photon, or a seth with emp and tractor, etc. however, umust pay 1mil and u must go to starbase to get it

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't like the idea.I think it will alter the balance of the game, especially if dex is increased, but some small bonused like recruiting abilities and such is good

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Why not give them engative effects?

Meliza

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Stklr wrote:Why not give them engative effects?

Meliza
so you work your way up to emperor... just to be punished?

fallenvictory

Post by fallenvictory » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Stklr wrote:Why not give them engative effects?

Meliza
dumbass.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:35 am

ONLY STUFF THAT HELPS THEM DO THEIR JOB as a ceo.

Examples:
Larger bank space.
A corp map tab for all corp members, only editable by the CEO. I assume this wouldn't be too easy, since maps are saved on client side? But it'd be a massive help. Saves CEO's from developing those photoshop skills.
The ability to take screenshots without the interface being visible, except for the chat box of course.
The ability to send mails to all members of a corp. (severely limited of course)

More might come later on. :)

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Not all Emperors are CEOs.

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 pm

as long as you dont leave out dark overlord's, i'm for it 8)

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Why does one of the most successful people on the server need extra help?

Only good suggestion I've seen is Emp's get /fondle.....

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 am

Elemayo wrote:Not all Emperors are CEOs.
I'm such a moron. I thought you guys were talking about CEO's. :oops:

In response to the original question: NO.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Smeagol... wrote:Why does one of the most successful people on the server need extra help?

Only good suggestion I've seen is Emp's get /fondle.....
woohoo! smeagol has spoken, implement it! :D

Paneak

Post by Paneak » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:45 pm

McGrod wrote:
Nothing to extreme Toonces, you still want people to be able to defend themselves.

Since you've talked about hiring NPCs in the past... Maybe only emperors should be able to hire NPC underlings to follow them as bodyguards. That would be a good enough ability

I agree with neox.

Anything to0 major and a talented player could become batterd to hell because the guy with emperor title doesn't like him so the new guy or rebel will have little to stand on.

In my early days nothing infuriated me more than being a damn good 1 vs 1 fighter and having to put up with the 'xp' prejudice that used to haunt yesteryear (peoples opinions of it actually means something about combat skill). I was insulted by Kwijibo on the xp basis on perma 3 and he at the time was able to be seen all smelling sweet (yes he insulted me first and its past) so any too significant powers would mean that the 'oldies' would be ahead on a skill/reflex basis against some guy making his living.

Lets take Han Solo : We all know he would kick Pizza the hut's giraffe, yet because pizza the hut has more money he will forever be able to make Han Solo live miserably.

Could Pizza the Hut really take Han Solo down in a gunfight? NO!
Could Pizza the Hut really beat Han Solo in a space combat fight? NO!
Wasn't Pizza the Hut just a huge slug living off the work of his ancestors? YES!

The NPC addon will help an emperor get away from a group of pk'ers ie 3 noobies armed to the teeth with nukes, but it would not enable an emperor to take a skilled pilot who is just travelling from A to B.
Space Balls and Starwars reference...you rock!

milo

Post by milo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm

i agree with peterje about the rebang bit.

and as much as i like the idea i can't think of something that doesn't give emperors (inherently good players) an added advantage.

the best idea i've seen is help with pollution. this then can be applied to all server since pollution doesn't affect rebangs much at all and so would not offer an advantage on them.

ezmboq

Post by ezmboq » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:53 am

no bad idea, no one wants more experienced people becoming even more advantaged to others :( :( :( :(

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 am

this topic was 3 months ago, but what about presidents of a galaxy gets bonuses aswell ;0

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:17 am

This needed to be revived anyway :D - emperors should have special powers, it gives a reason and attraction to gaining exp, which would make it awesome :)

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:23 pm

i like /muzzle for emps.

what about d.o.'s though?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:07 am

BlackNova wrote:This needed to be revived anyway :D - emperors should have special powers, it gives a reason and attraction to gaining exp, which would make it awesome :)
im more enthusiastic now with my newly found dark overlord status, i dont really get the "top 3 of a category" part, what would the category be? corp? rep? gender?

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:43 am

would an empress get the same power?

...bey needs to know

TT

Post by TT » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 am

I believe the category is rep and/or gender.

And back to the topic, I don't think people with the most experience should get any kind of bonuses at all. They are already the ones with most experience, why give them a boost?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:23 pm

freeqaz wrote:But, this just occured to me.

If they're emperors already, they're very powerful. If you make them even MORE powerful combat or col wise, then you CANT beat them, making them permanently redeem that status of emperor.

I think that would offset the balance of the game, because I AM an emperor on P1 and I find it bad. :O
then some fancy function that they get that wont affect their skills, alternate skin for ISC, Seth, IGS, and CEO, to make them more emperor/ dark overlord lookin, like a golden tinted ISC and a green victors wreath on top, Seth gets red windows and a darker black, IGS is a green frog now, and the CEO is chaped a bit to look like a rulers throne, these are alternate skins that emperors can choose to use, and they dont affect stats of the ship at all

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:18 am

Major.Arse wrote:would an empress get the same power?

...bey needs to know
right....

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:44 am

Catfish wrote:
Major.Arse wrote:would an empress get the same power?

...bey needs to know
right....
Emperor
Empress
Dark Overlord
Dark Mistress

all the same, just differences in gender of rep, so the bonuses would apply to them all, just summing them all up under the first one youd think of, emperors

Purusha

Post by Purusha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:41 am

Well, an emperor's not really an emperor without an entourage, so he should be able to hire one to tell him how great he is and to announce his arrival to others into each new system he warps into.

If anything, an emperor should have more annoyances, such as the ability for non-emperors to see his current location.

Armor

Post by Armor » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Purusha wrote:Well, an emperor's not really an emperor without an entourage, so he should be able to hire one to tell him how great he is and to announce his arrival to others into each new system he warps into.
Heh, Peanutz already has that - me! lol

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Just a suggestion

Emperors should get these:

10million shields
immune to all secondary weapons
unlimited nukes (or 1million hardware slots)
100million tokens when reaching the status
No pollution on emperors cols
optional 20 dexterity
2billion bank and hand space
10 free colonies per day
All secondary weapons able to be used on any choice of ship with a command
Ability to kill admins
Ability to recruit 100,000 people from all ports
Ability to get free shields, cargo and resources from all ports
And a cherry on top, system wide tractor beam, self locating.

Just a thought :) lol

Nova

Mondaydark

Post by Mondaydark » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm

I dunno I kinda like how even the playing field is. No matter how much exp or what rank you are anybody with the proper abilitys or mabey even good timing to come up and strip away what you have worked so hard to earn. I love how the ppl with the rank emperor are forced to hide behind ther corpies for fear of being cut down but a lucky soul. This idea would also give the emperors an unfair advantage if ever to 1v1 so it would be less likely for that person to ever get a 1v1. But what ever you deside to do I'll probly still keep playing just cause I've been though alot worse ideas than this one

Keep up to the Hard Work Toonces.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Cheesy wrote:
freeqaz wrote:But, this just occured to me.

If they're emperors already, they're very powerful. If you make them even MORE powerful combat or col wise, then you CANT beat them, making them permanently redeem that status of emperor.

I think that would offset the balance of the game, because I AM an emperor on P1 and I find it bad. :O
then some fancy function that they get that wont affect their skills, alternate skin for ISC, Seth, IGS, and CEO, to make them more emperor/ dark overlord lookin, like a golden tinted ISC and a green victors wreath on top, Seth gets red windows and a darker black, IGS is a green frog now, and the CEO is chaped a bit to look like a rulers throne, these are alternate skins that emperors can choose to use, and they dont affect stats of the ship at all

LapidSocnix

Followers

Post by LapidSocnix » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:44 pm

i hope tht is for darkoverlords too cuz am never emperor i think they couls have like a bonus of followers then their corp mates 8)

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm

I voted no - things like this can go so horribly wrong when affecting game dynamics. I would have voted yes if it was some small thing like /fondle or a special colour when writing in the general chat.