Birthday tokens??

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

FreakCracker

Birthday tokens??

Post by FreakCracker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 pm

I think that ppl should get tokens on their birthday and put the birthday in the system so that it gives it to them on their birthday and they can not scam the game.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:26 pm

Yes!!!
Mainly because its my birthday in seven days lol.

FreakCracker

Post by FreakCracker » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:27 pm

mine was yesterday.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:24 pm

September the 11th ..

:roll: :roll:

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:33 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:September the 11th ..

:roll: :roll:

Wow, u get a memorial party and a birthday party...

i remember 9/11 like it was yesterday

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:22 pm

I know .. i remember coming in from school ..

Was all happy and cheery, all my family was there, but they were all paying the TV more attention than me !

Lol - was like 8/9 at the time ..

Locked myself in the bathroom .. :D

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:54 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:I know .. i remember coming in from school ..

Was all happy and cheery, all my family was there, but they were all paying the TV more attention than me !

last year i turned 15.... they game me $200 in washingtonsXD i went to Crab Towne's Arcade

(my mom played there when she grew up, pac-man champ FTW!)

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Jtak wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:I know .. i remember coming in from school ..

last year i turned 15.... they game me $200 in washingtonsXD i went to Crab Towne's Arcade

(my mom played there when she grew up, pac-man champ FTW!)
also got 50k tokens that day XD

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Re: Birthday tokens??

Post by feenix » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:35 am

FreakCracker wrote:I think that ppl should get tokens on their birthday and put the birthday in the system so that it gives it to them on their birthday and they can not scam the game.

cool me like it

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 pm

i LOVE this idea :D

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Why?

KiT

Post by KiT » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:08 am

Smeagol... wrote:Why?
Because people love free BBQ and will always try to find some reasons why they should receive it.

if this is implemented (though it will never be, obviously), whenever i will be needing tokens, ill just create a new account saying my birthday is the next day. Free tokens, yay! Making some age barrier? okay, ill make a hundred accounts and after some time ill be receiving tokens every once in 3-4 days.

FreakCracker

Post by FreakCracker » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:01 pm

KiT wrote:
Because people love free BBQ and will always try to find some reasons why they should receive it.

if this is implemented (though it will never be, obviously), whenever i will be needing tokens, ill just create a new account saying my birthday is the next day. Free tokens, yay! Making some age barrier? okay, ill make a hundred accounts and after some time ill be receiving tokens every once in 3-4 days.
it ppl like you that ruin things for other ppl who are honest. That is why i honestly think that you should be banned for even suggesting having multiple accts.

feenix

Post by feenix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:54 pm

FreakCracker wrote:
KiT wrote:

it ppl like you that ruin things for other ppl who are honest. That is why i honestly think that you should be banned for even suggesting having multiple accts.
agreed, that idea could of had a chance before you posted your BBQ. should've kept it to your self if you ask me but too late now

BMF1000D

Post by BMF1000D » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:12 pm

feenix wrote:
FreakCracker wrote:
KiT wrote: Because people love free BBQ and will always try to find some reasons why they should receive it.

agreed, that idea could of had a chance before you posted your BBQ. should've kept it to your self if you ask me but too late now
I think that was exactly Kit's point. There are exploits. However, I see no reason why you couldn't get any tokens unless the account had been active for 6-12 months or more and had 10 medals or a certain amount of exp or something like that.

KiT

Post by KiT » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:27 pm

FreakCracker wrote: it ppl like you that ruin things for other ppl who are honest. That is why i honestly think that you should be banned for even suggesting having multiple accts.
I AM HONEST. I tell you about obvious exploits instead of silently using them while pretending to be a friendly honest hero on the forums.

You should grow up and understand the universal rules of all the games.
If there are exploits, they will be used. And you're lucky if somebody reports you these.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:38 pm

i like BMf's idea.. 10months of playinf at the least b4 getting tokenz...

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Here's a great idea, get your online friends or parents to buy you some for your birthday! HAPPY EFFIN BIRTHDAY! :D

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm

feenix wrote:
FreakCracker wrote:
KiT wrote: Because people love free BBQ and will always try to find some reasons why they should receive it.

Lmfao

feenix

Post by feenix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:35 pm

breakdown wrote:Here's a great idea, get your online friends or parents to buy you some for your birthday! HAPPY EFFIN BIRTHDAY! :D
that would work for me if it wasn't some plp might think you are dumb to be playing a game :lol:

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:48 am

feenix wrote:
breakdown wrote:Here's a great idea, get your online friends or parents to buy you some for your birthday! HAPPY EFFIN BIRTHDAY! :D
that would work for me if it wasn't some plp might think you are dumb to be playing a game :lol:
ya, parants do not like me playing game :(

Danius

Post by Danius » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 pm

i dont think tokens should be given away for free, they should be earned or pay for.

feenix

Post by feenix » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Danius wrote:i dont think tokens should be given away for free, they should be earned or pay for.
tokens aren't earned tho they are given as a sort of gift for donating money to the admins, which is why our idea still stands we should get more gifts (like on our birthday) :P :lol:

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:47 pm

some ppl dont have credit cards...

feenix

Post by feenix » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:51 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:some ppl dont have credit cards...
hence why they should be given on your birthday lol so plp have the chance to know how it feels to have them and to be able to spend them, i know before i bought some i was jealous of plp who had them untill i found out it was good to get some lol

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:39 am

I really don't like this idea. It would completely devalue tokens, easily exploited, and not to mention loose toonces money.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:07 pm

feenix wrote:
ArdRhys4 wrote:some ppl dont have credit cards...
hence why they should be given on your birthday lol so plp have the chance to know how it feels to have them and to be able to spend them, i know before i bought some i was jealous of plp who had them untill i found out it was good to get some lol
i agree w/ u lol, i was talking 2 the other guy :)

feenix

Post by feenix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:I really don't like this idea. It would completely devalue tokens, easily exploited, and not to mention loose toonces money.

well..... technically it doesn't "cost" him money to make or to give them to us, but granted he would lose let's say 5k for everyone birthday, but then again, plp like me who once spend nearly 100k tokens in one month would keep him going, not to mention once the plp knew how dependent on tokens you can become they might actually start buying some them self, and hence make toonces richer.................. :shock: OMG, i can't believe what i just said........... yes, that's true this idea is a bad idea because we making toonces rich :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol: had to make that tiny joke :lol:

KiT

Post by KiT » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm

How stupid must person be to believe that expenses of giving out free tokens can be more than compensated by a small chance a few people get hooked up?
Yes expenses. Because it DOES cost him. Instead of buying tokens from toonces, people will use these they got for ther birthday or buy them from the others, which will become much easier and cheaper because of increased suply.
Tokens dont offer any truely Unique features that would make it worth letting everyone try it for free hoping that they'll get hooked up.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:21 pm

lol, i think the idea is that u should get a tourney point, that way, u can use ti anywhere, or u can go on spice pirates or something, after, they want 2 play more!!! and if u have 2 have played at least 1 yr, he is not loseing anything