NPCS

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

BlackNova

NPCS

Post by BlackNova » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:56 pm

A small thing about npcs is that bloody hellbore.
Say you are just about to kill an ig ship npc, smoking and all that, then a private in a merchant cruiser comes, and even if theyre both yellow, the hellbore hits him, and kills him, whereas no damage is taken from fusions, pea shooters etc..
Its not exactly a bit thing to implement, but its a bit annoying killing an npc with a pea shooter in a rebang, just get it smoking then it gets taken.
The npc that kills it doesnt even get exp or money from the kill, so u still get 6 exp from killing the noob private npc that killed him
Sounds pretty petty, but it just happened to me THREE times in a row on Armageddon, its so annoying lol

Kasatka

Post by Kasatka » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:37 pm

Yeah, that's irritating. But normally the NPC's can kill each other so how would you propose that just in some special cases they don't? It would probably just be down to improving the AI a bit.

The NPC AI could use some work. Nothing like a yellow NPC barge with 10% shields attacking a red NPC Seth...

fallenvictory

Post by fallenvictory » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Kasatka wrote:Nothing like a yellow NPC barge with 10% shields attacking a red NPC Seth...
10 bucks on the barge

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 pm

How about an npc killing himself xD. I had that on New Explorers once. Ran into a Warrant Officer ISC with explosives. When I got it smoking it started running, but ran over one of his explosives he fired a bit earlier.. and just as he flew over it it poofed, killing the npc :P