Official Free For All's and other mini games

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

The real Hellbent

Official Free For All's and other mini games

Post by The real Hellbent » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:15 am

I think that a good addition to the game would be weekly events held on special custom servers built just for that event.

Once a week (say every 4 hours every Saturday) a message would pop up in chat saying that the weekly event would be starting on x server in 20 mins.

You could then log in to that server and everything that you would need to participate in that event would be provided for you.
In the case of a Free For All you would get a Seth or a Isc with whatever weapon you wanted and max shields and there would only be one other system on that server but it would be under u.n protection until a timer runs out and then that system would lose its u.n protection and the fight would begin (you can warp into the system but not out).

And other events like this one to add a bit of variety to the game.

Let me know what you think and put other ideas of your own in here.

NeatLogs

Post by NeatLogs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:18 am

It'd be great to have this sort of thing.. it's just that it would take a lot of time out of Toonces' schedule. Smoothing out bugs and making patches probably already takes up all of his spare time.

What I'd like to see though, is a list of all the mini games people have come up with, like the different types of races and so forth.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Hellbent. great idea!

THIS IS WHY WE PLAY! ...for the fun.

if this were implimented i would never clean a planet again. just ffa all day long.

Starblazer

Post by Starblazer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:00 pm

We could do mini games ran by the community on blitz ! 8) .

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Starblazer wrote:We could do mini games ran by the community on blitz ! 8) .

You leave my blitz alone!

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sat May 03, 2008 7:57 pm

for a race there could be a special race course planet designed and a betting building put in a dome that every 1 could land on cause every 1 would automatically be in 1 corp(token betting that is), and there would be hostle cmines in they way of the race starting and then webt freinly and race begins. in the begining of the game you are given an isc or seth, full sheilds, and 8 mines.

(cause im a delaserer i came up with this 1) delasering race: at the begining u can have a vulture or avenger and any wepon u want, 2 mil, and systems would be automatically lasered in famous laser patterns, walls clusters and spreads, and would go enemy when the race begins the systemk would have a port for sheilds and a gas giant for some cover and a igp thats lasered in that youd have 2 land on and cap(its undefended) 2 win

invading race: youd be givein any ship u want and wep u want, 20 mil, a col with 500 nukes 500 negs a port with sheilds and 2 cols 2 cap a solar less col defended 2 the max and a 1 shot col defended to the max

relay race: your partnered up with sum 1 and youd have 2 move laser cannons from a col 2 a col but only 1 of u can enter col 1 and the other can only enter the col 2 and the goal is to beat other teams doing the same, you get any supplies u want u get 10 mil

npc party time: a bunch of systems each with several npcs on sol for ur ship needs u get any ship i want free and 10 mil and ur corped with everyone who comes on the 1 with the most npc kills at th end wins

survival: u get a col 500 nukes and negs, 50 lasers 20 cmines a ceo ship with fusions and 10 mil for sheilds a port in the sys and the goal 2 get all u can kill all u can and not get killed and lose ur col

hippy riot: every 1 gets flowers and fusions and 8 cmines and basically the same as a free for all exept with flowers

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:17 am

Starblazer wrote:We could do mini games ran by the community on blitz ! 8) .
There's a few problems why this doesn't work too well...

First, you have to have someone organize it, go around and find people to play, and sometimes a person to stay out and ref. Then you will have people who want to be an donkey and come ruin it, (happens everytime). and lastly sometimes you might run out of financing (although this doesn't happen often on blitz if everyone chips in a bit.)

[Edit] I forgot to add... Its not too clear but this post is in support of official minigames

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed May 07, 2008 1:18 am

i thought of another 1,
"drag" racing: every 1 gets a ceo ship and has 2 drag a npc ship around cmines on a planet. the npc would be givin 0 sheilds and the cmines would be in obsacles and each planet would be the same layout and same track and the track and layout would change every bang

EDIT: more ideas came 2 me,

Barrier runners: build the best lasered wall or lasered system with a col with the exact amount of lasers u need 2 laser a system and the goal is 2 kill as many npcs(all scouts) with the lasers as u can when they warp in. at the begining youd get a barge with wepons disabled, 3 systems( 1 u can laser, 1 is where the npcs r goin, and 1 is where the (50 i guess) npcs are each about 2 warp in in 3 second intervals after a timer runs out, person with the most kills wins.

Beacon hunt(the prequal to un defenders): some wise guys been puttin up graffitti in all the systems. the us has call all us to get em out, i no u guys got better things to do like cleanin ur cols so ive decided to give ya a little game, who ever kills the most gets the most acheive ment points. i could tell ya all to play nice but i no u guys are gonna blow each other up anyway so y bother. the un sent me a big ol pile of isc's and fusions installed on each with sheilds so yall can get them, and they gave me enough cash to give yall 20mil. apparently the un want em destroyed fast they say theres a whole buncha inter galactics u gotta handle later comin in

un defenders(sequel to beacon hunt): ok y guys got company out there, inter galactics, alot of em. they aint that skiled but theres alot, i recommend buddying up an not killing ur fellow un peeps, since u guys were beatin each other up before we have replenished ur sheilds and cash levels. weve sent a few un troops with their own isc and fusions to help u but they aint that great so ur basically gonna have 2 help each other out with this

Scavenger hunt 1(the sequal to un defenders): ive given this 1 a story line: ur 1 of the top scientists from earth and the un has sent you 2 get 3 ig suits. heres where the problem sets in: the flower the un gave u had a fuel leak on launch. you have ful sheilds and a death ray for your defence against others in search of the suits. theres been a mass destruction of inter galactics because they passed a large batallion of un soldiers at the wrong time. these crashes have been spread across several planets and apparently they where carrying alot of spice. ur mission is 2 get ig suits from the other various artifacts and report them 2 freeside station which is 10 hops from the crash site and theres still a few angry inter galactic on the way. ur not going to have the fuel to get there so get alot of spice from those planets too, good luck brave commander we are counting on u, first 1 to get us the suits wins

Scavenger hunt 2(sequal to scavenger hunt 1): the un has given you the mission to get cols from the pirates and find the 1 with oil and report the oil to the only port, we desperatly need oil to keep our machinery working. there are un and pirate cols out there, u are currently a member of the un so u can land on the un cols and get negs and somtimes nukes to hold of pirate defending their territory. you will be using the same ship as before exept we fixed the fuel leak and gave you fusions. first one to report 2k oil to the port wins

capture the beacon: good job guys theres one beacon left but the un asked for it to be retreived so they could figure out who put them up, and instead of sending one of u they let all of u loose.. so the call will go out to brin u all back in a lil while but in the mean time fight for the beacon, who ever kept it the longest wins. you guys have no ships right now so i can spare you a bunch of scouts with gravs. have fun

the perputrator: we got the lil deliquent, an upgraded barge that has 25k sheilds and sped up with fusions, and in place of those beacons hes got negs. u guys have been given vultures to grab him and bring him in

Hit Men and Vigalantis: you are a either a hit man hired by the pirates or a vigalanti hired by the un. depending on which one u r u start at pb or sol with your comrades and have 2 take out each person who you have been hired to take out(matching is based on your overall skill in other severs.) your givin either a isc or seth, tactical scanners, free access to the ports weapon supply, full sheilds and 20 mil. hit men will only be givin hits for vigilanties and vice versa. person with the most sucessful hits wins

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed May 07, 2008 2:22 am

i think ill let others summit mini games now, i didn think id get that many but i guess i did, go ahead guys maybe if he have enough idea toonces may apply a few of them

NeatLogs

Post by NeatLogs » Wed May 07, 2008 11:51 am

Mmmm.... These are all in the order of Full Events, Cheesy.... I hope your ideas get implemented, but gees, these are completely new games!

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun May 25, 2008 2:16 am

well over a long period of time some of these could get added...

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun May 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Cheesy wrote:well over a long period of time some of these could get added...
Umm .. question Cheesy ...

What the hell do you do in your free time?!

roflcopter :twist:

Exodus

Post by Exodus » Sun May 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Great ideas, more things for us to waste our time on this game with :P

Would need to sort out some people that would be willing to organise everything if the events are going to be community run.

Grimoire

Post by Grimoire » Mon May 26, 2008 6:30 am

Capture the flag would be awsome.

You would be put in a system with 2 planets both the same layout fully defended.

Weps facts are full in both planets but there is a flag inside each dome, first guys to cap and get the flag back win.

puppies04

Post by puppies04 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:30 am

Some of these sound awsome but please keep in mind if 100 people tried to land on a planet to watch an event the lag would get bad.

Grimoire

Post by Grimoire » Mon May 26, 2008 9:51 am

puppies04 wrote:Some of these sound awsome but please keep in mind if 100 people tried to land on a planet to watch an event the lag would get bad.
We used to have races on planets in new hope and 11th we'd get around 20-25 people on the good days w/o lag problems.

Plus, I've never seen 100 people online at one time in all the servers. I'm sure it happens but getting them all to come to an event is sometimes challenging. Would be nice though.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 am

hehehe guess whos back with more ideas?

Shooting range: Ok so the UN wants u guys 2 keep up the good work but they think u need sume help shooting wise, so they gave me a these shooting range isc that have engines removed, no primary wepon youll be using torps. work on ur shooting youll each be placed on a planet with layouts spread and heard wat u have 2 do: nail the 3 pesky pirate freighters that managed 2 sneak on the planet and to knock down all the beacons, watch out tho theres a few un troops working on the planet and youll have 5 seconds added to your total time if u hurt 1, basically the first one to knock them all out wins

Baby Sitting: ok so we have some fresh recruits out there today and uve each been asigned 1 of them 2 protect as they get used to flying a ship, they have freighters so they dont accidentally rocket off sumwhere but youll still have 2 keep urs where he belongs. *messanger comes up and whispers in the commanders ear*....sigh great UN screwed up again they called in the last shift to guard them too early, none were harmed but theres a report that pirates have lasered up some systems near by. your lil newbs need 2 get rounded up befor they stray to close to the pirate base and too close to the lasers, a few pirates out their 2 but they arent in very threatining ships. to keep your newbs under control you all have ceo ships , get any prim wep u like. the newbs have lots of sheilds but they r arent slow, and yes you guys can pull each others newbs over 2 u and beat them up but thats mean i hope none of u do that. good luck and get them under control, person who maintained the highest sheild with a fair amount of freedom wins.

UN labs: yea the pirates found out lab's loc with their piratey ways and the inter galactics found us when we tryed starting 1 of their ships and it sent out a distress signal. this is a semi well defened col but these guys r gonna tear it appart if they get it, sadly the pirates jumped a shipment of engines for ur isc's. yes weve made you living torp/wat ever 2nd wep u want turrets.. so your all contracted up and youll have 2 support our men in 30 laser turrets, 20 flak turrets, and our crew on the solar who can maintain a 1 shot, theres also 10 mines and 5 cmines there, youll be placed on spots near the dome and entrance and ontop of varios cannons as well, there is a estimated 25 pirates and 15 inter galactics attacking.