new command

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

pcdoctor

new command

Post by pcdoctor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 am

just a thought , a give all colony command.

(1) the reason is because when you have a lot of colonies in a corp when you use the holdings it locks up typing screen.
then a restart of the game is needed.
(2) when clicking on the map it says corporate colonies, which is fine.
but if you have colonies in that system owned by you it says personal colonies ( even if it's already corped) it still says personal on the map.

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:35 pm

You should use search function to see if anyone else has suggested this, to prevent reposting it.

This has been suggested so many times. But if this was enacted, people would no longer have to use a $hit load of fuel to go to system to system to add all of their planets. Since most people who have such a quantity of planets that this would be a hassle, they probably also acquire tokens one way or another to use for fuel, coming straight back to toonces' bottom line.

Any new suggestions that threaten a few tokens sales here or there, have a low chance of making it to the game.

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Pcdoctor, unfortunately this has been suggested too many times to count. Toonces doesn't want us to corp all our colonies easily. He felt it made it to easy to switch Corporations constantly. The current method makes you visit each of your colonies to change them in the event you switch Corporations.

If you have 200-1000 colonies to visit you use FUEL. Fuel=Tokens=money for Toonces. Now you see his logic in making it a decision that you must weigh out before doing. No one wants to run all over switching colonies on a whim.

Not going to happen...sorry. He stuck the "veto" stamp on this idea a long time ago.

pcdoctor

Post by pcdoctor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:18 pm

well luna thanks but that confirms toonce's greed, the point is if u can't read the holdings then u have to go say 40 hops just to find that said col is already corped..
and if you can read holdings but need to restart the game because it freezes typing ect: whats the point

that is total bs
thanks to the the replies atm

i hope you can see my point.....

or at least make it say on the map screens say personal(corped)

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:21 pm

I like the way it is, choosing a corporation shouldn't be taken lightly.

When I join a corporation, I join it to the end. This has never been a problem for me ;)

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks for rewording my post Luna, I don't think he would have figured it out.

Duh!

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:07 am

pcdoctor wrote:well luna thanks but that confirms toonce's greed, the point is if u can't read the holdings then u have to go say 40 hops just to find that said col is already corped..
and if you can read holdings but need to restart the game because it freezes typing ect: whats the point

that is total bs
thanks to the the replies atm

i hope you can see my point.....

or at least make it say on the map screens say personal(corped)
Oh please! If he wanted to milk this game for all it's worth, there are plenty of ways he could've done it. More Admiral's Club options, running adverts on this site and in-game, and so on. He doesn't make you run around the galaxy out of pure malevolence, and he understands how to balance the game (something which you, apparently, fail to grasp). If this was implemented, there would've been no barriers for established players to reform corps at whim, which is a bad thing.

You know you're not the one affected by this, right? All of us face the same problem (although most had enough hindsight not to post asinine suggestions ;)), so it's not unfair to you, or anything. The idea is to make people stick with whatever corp they've gotten into, not to ruin your enjoyment by making you spend fuel.

Oh and don't insult the admins on their own forum. This is like farting right in chef's face, after you've just had a gourmet meal.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm

BLADE2 wrote:Thanks for rewording my post Luna, I don't think he would have figured it out.

Duh!
I posted mine before I actually read past the first post to see what you said. I look at a LOT of posts daily and I don't always read all the responses. I apologize for being human and having a life. :wink:

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:42 pm

I didn't say you didn't have a life. Don't be so defensive, makes you sound like a I love you man!.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 pm

BLADE2 wrote:I didn't say you didn't have a life. Don't be so defensive, makes you sound like a I love you man!.
:shock: dude................

she was joking, hence the " :wink: "

i agree with the thread tho........ *chants="CORP FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!, CORP FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!" :lol:
this is another place, where 20 to life, applies :P