Trailers for your ship

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Do you think the Trailer is a good idea to add to the game and do you think its balanced enough

Poll ended at Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:29 am

Yes its a good idea and its balanced fine
100%
Yes its a good idea but it needs more balancing
No votes
No its a bad idea
No votes

Total votes: 2

Cheesy

Trailers for your ship

Post by Cheesy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:03 am

Heres somthing i think everyone will love, not just builders or invaders but everyone, a trailer. i came up with three versions that would be modeled after the sethdar cruiser, imperial star cruiser, and inter galactics ship. heres the stats for each one(they can be attacked to anyship ,not just the one they look like), please add these to the game, the people ive already discussed it with think its a great idea and cant wait to get one.

Name:Pirate Smuggler
Cargo Holds:150
Equiptment Holds:50
Price:6,900,000 Credits
Where its available: Pirate Base (Chernyj Almaz)
Warp Fuel Usage: +5 gallons to fuel already used

Name:U.N. Transporter
Cargo Holds: 200
Equiptment Holds:25
Price:6,600,000 Credits
Where Its Available: Any Star Base (commision required)
Warp Fuel Usage: +4 gallons to fuel already used

Name: Inter Galactic's Mover
Cargo Holds: 200
Equiptment holds: 50
Price: 8,000 Admiral Tokens
Where Its Available: Admirals Club at any Star Base
Warp Fuel Usage: +6 gallons to fuel already used
Bonus Ability: One artifact hold

More on the ships: they can be unhitched anywhere you want (ex. on a col, in space, on a moon or gas gaint), a falcon can unhitch it with the cargo disruptor and hitch tohis/her own ship. any one who finds one unhitched can take it, you can only have one hitched at a time, if you kill some one with one the trailer will stay after the original owner is blown up, so you can take it, they all have 8,000 Hit Points and will blow up scattering its contents across the system or planet. escape pods will not be able to pull one unless they have a super conductor or three inter galactic suits( if its a inter galactics mover and it has a sc on it it will work), and /warping will unhitch the trailer. if pulled hard enough the corprate flag ship can unhitch one with its tractor beam.
Reasons For Adding Trailers To The Game: every main activity on the game will be benifited from the trailers, builders can move defences and cargo, invaders can move nukes and leave the trailer outside as they invade, fighters can keep nukes, cannons, and cmines with them, bargers well.. can barge more, cleaners can carry plenty of spice with them.
Last edited by Cheesy on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

vecna

Post by vecna » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:48 am

i might be misunderstanding u, but are u saying to give everyone in the game the power to carry two barges worth of nukes on them?

this would be horrible. if it was 8 hardware slots that might be more reasonable, but they would need to slow down your acceleration and top speed significantly to balance it even then.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:05 pm

yes but you wouldnt have all the extra slots added to your screen, you would have to withdraw the supplies like a wepons factory so you cant unload all your nukes on a col, instead if you tryied that you would probably die for trieing to take them out, same goes for a fight. it wouldnt be a direct hook up to your supplies so you would leave it outside a col your invading so you could take them out when you exit, this would be able to pread invaders reach quite far, somthing invaders would love but they cant abuseit in the way your saying, fighters should prpbaly leave it on a moon, builders could park it next to their dome. i forgot to add two more elements to this when i was typing(whoops), 1. yes it would slow your speed depending on your ship and sc count, and 2. if its unhitched any one can snatch goods from it,if its hitched only you and your fellow corpies could take things out of it.

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:27 pm

Those stats are way too overpowered. 200 extra cargo holds? LMFAO... 50 extra equipment bays? OMFG

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:34 pm

well if it was only 50 more cargo and 8 more equiptment holds the point would be lost, what is a trailer even used for? if it only carried that much the downsides would over power the upsides, they cost a price,its a interface like a bank or weapons factory to take anything out, you can have em stolen, they kill your fuel, they can be blown up easily, and you'll be goin pretty slow, dont you think that evens it out?

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Cheesy wrote:well if it was only 50 more cargo and 8 more equiptment holds the point would be lost, what is a trailer even used for? if it only carried that much the downsides would over power the upsides, they cost a price, you can have em stolen, they kill your fuel, they can be blown up easily, and you'll be goin pretty slow, dont you think that evens it out?
i do but how do you hook it up anyway? i don't see a U-Haul hitch on my ship. :P :lol:

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:44 pm

feenix wrote:
Cheesy wrote:well if it was only 50 more cargo and 8 more equiptment holds the point would be lost, what is a trailer even used for? if it only carried that much the downsides would over power the upsides, they cost a price, you can have em stolen, they kill your fuel, they can be blown up easily, and you'll be goin pretty slow, dont you think that evens it out?
i do but how do you hook it up anyway? i don't see a U-Haul hitch on my ship. :P :lol:
You could use the anchor mode to hitch and unhitch the trailer if your on top of it.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Meh this has been suggested many times before and I never have liked it...

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Cheesy wrote:
feenix wrote:
You could use the anchor mode to hitch and unhitch the trailer if your on top of it.
cheesy your right lol altho i was making a small joke but yes the anchor mode would do

dirt

Post by dirt » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm

I like this idea but i think the cargo should be reduced to 100 and the hardware should be reduced to 16.

That way its not replacing the barge. Also i think you need to have it slow your ship down by 1/4 to 3/5.

It should Cost a lot of credits or even tokens though as it can be attacked detatched.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:24 am

well i think that might be a bit much lowering it that dramatically, after all these are supossed to move large quantities to areas where you usually cant get them, but ill boost the price again if you think it will balance it more, but this forth one came half from what you said and half from playing a rebang, a simpler cheap model

Name: Merchant Aider
Cargo Holds: 50
Equiptment Holds: 10
Price 900,000
Sheilds: 3000
Warp Fuel Usage: +6 to already used
A interesting twist: occasionally unhitches mid trip
modeled after either the merchant cruiser or merchant freigter

ibanix

Post by ibanix » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 am

Rebalance of existing ships better than new ships, in my opinion.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:19 pm

ok.. these arent ships though you know, these are trailers that attatch to your ship so i dont know why that has anything to do with what this thread is about