Bug - serious rubber banding & "skipping"

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

CaptainMeef

Bug - serious rubber banding & "skipping"

Post by CaptainMeef » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 am

I've seen two other posts that seem to taking about this same issue - one mention it happens when invading. For me it's happening seemingly randomly.

On every server I play, I experience really bad rubber banding. This isn't a gravity or Dex issue. My ship will just randomly start disappearing from the screen, it goes backwards while engines fire forward (auto-pilot or manual), and it skips around the solar system out of my control. The weapons will still fire, and the ship rotates (when using the direction controls) but trajectory cannot be controlled at all. This usually lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. When this is happening I can click on a warp gate when I'm close by, engines engage, then the ship flies backwards and in other random directions, all while the green line to the warp gate gets longer and longer. If I take manual control it doesn't help, I have to just drift (or watch the ship "jump/skip" around the map) until the bug stops. This happens about every other system I pass through. Relogging doesn't help.

I've checked my drivers, all up to date. I am using an older system - Pentium D 3.2 GHz, 4GB RAM, Win XP Pro. I'm not running anything else when I play. No music, no browser, etc.

What's going on with this game?