Ship analysis, stealing and 1 on 1 fighting tactics

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Post Reply
User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4279
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Ship analysis, stealing and 1 on 1 fighting tactics

Post by MadAce » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:53 pm

These are important topics that used to be stickied but got grouped in this sticky because they were cluttering the first page.
A must read for all new players.

FAQ: Ship to Ship Fighting Tactics (1o1):

viewtopic.php?t=1524

The Ultimate Guide to Stealing:

viewtopic.php?t=2645

FAQ: Ship Analysis:

viewtopic.php?t=407

A CONSTANTLY UPDATED SOURCE OF INFORMATION IS THE STARPORT WIKIPEDIA PAGE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starport
Last edited by MadAce on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:53 pm

Ace,

Links appear to be broken. :(
Could you please re-post

Thanks

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4279
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Post by MadAce » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Fixed. Thanks for reminding me.

Stiffler
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:29 pm
Contact:

Post by Stiffler » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:46 am

ive been wondering, what is a sticky?

V3N0M
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:15 am

Post by V3N0M » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:06 am

The combat tactics link is broken.

User avatar
DarkLStrike
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: London, Canada

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 am

The combat tactics is outdated anyways, sorry about that

User avatar
Nightmare
Posts: 1462
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Antwerp, Belgium

Post by Nightmare » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:00 am

2 out of 4 links are dead.

Nightmare

McCrazy
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:04 pm
Contact:

Post by McCrazy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:57 am

ill be making a 1v1 fighting tactic post soon, so no worries about that one :D, one with tactics concerning all 3 ships (isc, seth, igs) and 3 different weapons for each (grav, exp charge, fusion)

but will only be describing the use of 8 nukes only for 1v1

User avatar
Nightmare
Posts: 1462
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Antwerp, Belgium

Post by Nightmare » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:01 pm

Nightmare wrote:2 out of 4 links are dead.

Nightmare
Fix it, can't anyone go through the datbase and resurrect humna's ship analyses FAQ? I hope I can write a newbie building guide before my vacation ends, that could be linked here to keep the number of stickies down.

Nightmare

User avatar
Nightmare
Posts: 1462
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Antwerp, Belgium

Post by Nightmare » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Lol not a double post, it's been over a year since my last one XD.

I think this sticky has become obselete, everyone knows about the wiki (it's on the main website and probably also in the tavern), ship analyses doesn't exist anymore, neither does ship to ship tactics and the ultimate guide to stealing... well no offence but I doubt it's valuable.

Nightmare

Camaril
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 pm
Location: your colony while your busy reading this

Re:

Post by Camaril » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 pm

McCrazy wrote:ill be making a 1v1 fighting tactic post soon, so no worries about that one :D, one with tactics concerning all 3 ships (isc, seth, igs) and 3 different weapons for each (grav, exp charge, fusion)

but will only be describing the use of 8 nukes only for 1v1
CEO?

User avatar
MastrIan
Posts: 1139
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: At Home Under The Lonely Mountain
Contact:

Re: Re:

Post by MastrIan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Camaril wrote:
McCrazy wrote:ill be making a 1v1 fighting tactic post soon, so no worries about that one :D, one with tactics concerning all 3 ships (isc, seth, igs) and 3 different weapons for each (grav, exp charge, fusion)

but will only be describing the use of 8 nukes only for 1v1
CEO?
This was written between 3 and 4 years ago, ceo used to only have 8 hardware slots, and he said he was only describing the use of 8 nukes for a 1v1.

_______________________
Thorin | Save The Rebangs

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Re:

Post by Major » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 pm

MastrIan wrote:
Camaril wrote:
McCrazy wrote:ill be making a 1v1 fighting tactic post soon, so no worries about that one :D, one with tactics concerning all 3 ships (isc, seth, igs) and 3 different weapons for each (grav, exp charge, fusion)

but will only be describing the use of 8 nukes only for 1v1
CEO?
This was written between 3 and 4 years ago, ceo used to only have 8 hardware slots, and he said he was only describing the use of 8 nukes for a 1v1.

_______________________
Thorin | Save The Rebangs
and 12k shields. wasnt used very often

duece
Posts: 2117
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:39 am

Re: Ship analysis, stealing and 1 on 1 fighting tactics

Post by duece » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm

All of these are uselessly out of date.. this thread should probably be unstickied.

ItsMcCrazy
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Rebangs/IGH

Re: Ship analysis, stealing and 1 on 1 fighting tactics

Post by ItsMcCrazy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Nostalgia

Post Reply