Planet Layouts(pictures) and Black Hole Maps

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gothicorpunk » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:18 pm

some one needs to finish the p4 bh!!!!!!1

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gothicorpunk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:27 am

im a newbe i need help so make out the p5 bh and post it :)

User avatar
squeemish
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Sol III
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by squeemish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 am

If you know the holes for P4 and P5 (or any other incomplete perma galaxy), put them in the black hole tool here http://www.chezpoor.com/sge/bh/ and I will put the final map into the wiki.

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gothicorpunk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:55 am

squeemish wrote:If you know the holes for P4 and P5 (or any other incomplete perma galaxy), put them in the black hole tool here http://www.chezpoor.com/sge/bh/ and I will put the final map into the wiki.
well if i knew them i wouldnt be asking for them now would i :)

User avatar
squeemish
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Sol III
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by squeemish » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 am

gothicorpunk wrote:
squeemish wrote:If you know the holes for P4 and P5 (or any other incomplete perma galaxy), put them in the black hole tool here http://www.chezpoor.com/sge/bh/ and I will put the final map into the wiki.
well if i knew them i wouldnt be asking for them now would i :)
True :lol:, but this is an open discussion thread. Look above a few comments, Draze was offering all the P5 locs. I'm just giving him and anyone else a place to put the hole info, which will result in a map for you.

User avatar
squeemish
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Sol III
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by squeemish » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:13 pm

OK, the P5 black hole map is on the Wiki now. Thanks to Vox for the info! There are 10 known holes, if you know of any others please add them with the black hole tool.

I've not put up the P4 map yet since we've only got 6 known holes. Does anyone have the rest?

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gothicorpunk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm

http://www.chezpoor.com/sge/bh/view.asp?id=9

its ROTP'S bh map squeem will fix it and put it on wiki when he can i couldn't figure it out.

User avatar
squeemish
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm
Location: Sol III
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by squeemish » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:09 am

Rise of the Pirates is now on the Wiki, thanks GoP.
Best to get final maps here: http://www.starportgame.com/wiki/index. ... Black_hole
Only use the tool http://www.chezpoor.com/sge/bh/index.asp for fixes and new maps.

Yeah it is a pain to move the map to the Wiki, but not too bad. Mostly you've got to take a screenshot and then upload that to the Wiki.
Last edited by squeemish on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by gothicorpunk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:19 pm

http://www.starportgame.com/wiki/images ... Jungle.jpg


THE BLACK HOLE MAP FOR NEW SERVER IS UP THX TO SQUEEM AND ME

User avatar
CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:44 pm
Location: stuck at warp

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Nice work guys

User avatar
Jwilson6
Posts: 1609
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Jwilson6 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:57 pm

Lmao Toonces is far too dirty for that to be an accident. I mean come on have you forgotten "fingers the kid" or the /fondle command?

User avatar
pbhead
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:15 pm
Location: below tin, next to bismuth

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by pbhead » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 am

Ok... layout number 57 is the best layout ever...

For those that didnt get it... its a ur-quan... from Starcontrol 2 / the ur-quan-masters.

it looks rather hard to defend... but its awsome beyond belief.

TT
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by TT » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:42 am

Actually, the Ur-Quan layout is one of the best layouts ever... it does require max lasers but if you put the dome directly under the little wall under the warp and max out lasers with full solar its pretty tough.

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Barefoot » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 am

I decided to compile some popular dome placements for the original 30 planet layouts. It seems the links for the ones on the first page are broken, and they're out of date anyway.

NOTE: These are just popular placements, not necessarily in any order of difficulty. I've provided some commentary on how I feel personally about each dome-spot.

#1
Image
This layout became more valuable after the SM patch because it's difficult to SM. Spot #2 is probably your best, safest bet. It's a PITA even with a weak solar. Location #1 is nearly impossible to cap with a wide, 120-burst solar but it's more risky.

#2
Image
This layout is pretty weak no matter how you look at it. If you're going to dome this, you gotta put it in this spot so that the cap run isn't so easy. It's also not all that easy to shoot nukes into that room either if the military is way up.

#3
Image
This layout used to be very popular, but now is very easy to invade with surface missiles. Avoid it if you can, but if you must dome it, put it in spots 2 or 3. Spot #1 is popular but not very good.

#4 (little hard to see, sorry)
Image
This layout has many possible locations. I've tried to list them in order of popularity (spot #1 most popular, #5 least popular). I feel that location #1 is still the best, but #3 can be good if it's defended well with a high-BPM solar

#5
Image
I was going to list all the popular spots, but I decided to mark the ONLY spots worth doming. This spot is 10x better than anywhere else I've seen on this planet... and I've seen some baaaad spots on this one more than other layouts. Please, if you're going to dome this planet, dome in one of those two spots. I like #2 better, but you can't go wrong with either.

#6
Image
With the introduction of mods, this layout is not as good as it used to be. Spot #1 is the most popular; Spot #2 is just as good if not better.

#7
Image
This layout also kinda sucks now. If you're doming a rocky, feel free to put it where I've marked. If it's not a rocky, don't dome it. You're just going to end up with the sh1tiest noob-ring you could ever imagine.

#8
Image
This layout always has, and always will be fairly easy to invade but not a cakewalk. I would recommend spot #1 over #2, but there's not a huge difference.

#9
Image
Everyone seems to dome this layout at spot #2, but DONT - such an easy invade. Spot #1 is better, but not by a long-shot.

#10
Image
Most people dome this layout at location #1, but that was before surface missiles. with the new mods, #2 is the better choice because of solar coverage.

#11
Image
I see this planet domed terribly quite often. I can't truly decide which one of these two possible locations I marked is better. they're both moderate to invade - not super tough, but not easy either.

#12
Image
This layout has some nice nuke-eater spots. I highlighted my two favorite. I've invaded planets in those spots hundreds of times. You can't really go wrong with either spot I marked.

#13
Image
The best (and most common) spot on this layout is spot #1. It's still not too tough to invade, it's just expensive and irritating. #3 ain't too shabby if you want to mix it up. I put #2 on there because it's popular, but it really sucks compared to 1 and 3.

#14
Image
Spot #1 is the most popular and was the best before surface missiles. I'd argue that #3 is better, now. The first spot is very prone to team-invading because it's easy to distract the solar at warp. It's not too hard to have one person distract the solar while the other SM's out the whole colony without using any nukes. #2 is not as easy to invade as #1, but #3 is better IMHO.

#15
Image
This was always a favorite of mine. I sought this out on rebangs before the permas, and I still seek them out in rebangs and extended rebangs now. It's not as tough with the mods as it used to be, but a rocky colony domed at loc #2 is still hard to handle. #1 is on there because it's still a popular spot (but weaker). I put it on there because I want to keep newbs doming there so I can practice my domeslides :mrgreen: ..... #3 is decent if you want to be different.

#16
Image
The sperm layout has always been a builder favorite - just don't screw up the dome placement.

#17
Image
Don't be like everyone else and stick it in the terrible spot #1. Sure, you can put trip-lasers in the middle arm, but it's still super easy to take. If you want to put the dome near the warp, try spot #2. If you want them to have to work a little bit harder than drop-nuking, use spot #3.

#18
Image
Meh, I hate this layout. Spot #1 seems to work out OK if you need to dome this layout and it's a rocky planet type. I've seen many folks try spot #3 but it's meh.

#19 - The Worm-Tail
Image
This layout is coveted on the older permaverses that lack the new layouts. It pains me when it's domed badly. Put the dome at spot #1. It's nasty, just nasty. Spots #2 and #3 are very hard invade, but they're both easier to take than spot #1

#20
Image
This is an easy layout to invade no matter where you dome it. However, I highlighted the three most popular spots.

#21 - The Super-Wide
Image
This layout can kill a hapless newb that happens to land when the Lauch Zone is lasered, but any vet knows that the lasers can't reach the very bottom. I say put the dome at #1 if it's a rocky/arctic and #2 if it's any other type. #3 is a popular spot, but it's very weak to a good invader.

#22
Image
None of these spots are particularly easy to invade, but I feel spots #4 and #2 are the hardest out of the popular spots I marked.

#23
Image
Dome location #1 works out OK for this layout. I don't know why people go for spot #2, but they always do - so it's on there, too.

#24
Image
There used to be a lot of decent spots on this layout. Now that surface missiles are prevalent, your best bet is to go with this spot and laser the warp with most lasers concentrated around the right side the warp - make sure to put plenty of lasers below the dome.

#25
Image
There are a lot of folks that think it's cute to dome this layout somewhere in the middle where all the spots are. Dome this layout where it belongs in one of the spots I marked. It's 5x better than anywhere else you could put it on this layout.

#27
Image
I've seen this domed in the bottom-right bubble (which is a terrible idea). Dome this layout where I've marked. It's not very fun to invade.

#28
Image
One of the twin layouts. Put the dome where I marked.

#29
Image
This layout is pretty versatile. You can dome it many good spots. My two favorite are marked. #1 is the safest spot, but #2 is annoying as heck because of the trip-lasers that can be placed on the other-side of the top wall. Very tough to nuke. You either have to go around and attack from the rear (har har) or ram-nuke the lasers from the front. Personally, I dome this layout at #3. It's a PITA to invade.

#30
Image
Dome-loc #1 is is surprisingly effective. #2 remains strangely popular despite it's inherent weakness to SM.


EDIT: Updated 4/28/10
Last edited by Barefoot on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ArdRhys4
Posts: 1862
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 12:22 am
Location: boundless sea and p4

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 am

Although all those spots are good, most of the ones that are "Crap" can be put about 2 laser spots away from ring and make it into a ring which basically makes them newbie killers and kind of(if you are using SM) a waste of fuel. I like though^^.

User avatar
phantomdan
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by phantomdan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 am

good job barefoot

User avatar
SnakeEyes
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:19 am

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by SnakeEyes » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:26 pm

I dislike some of those dome locations. Also, please make your domeplacement choice based on the planet type as well.

User avatar
DrunkenDoughnut
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 am
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by DrunkenDoughnut » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 am

Well this is great, the black hole part of the wiki doesnt work anymore, says somthing about a reloop

User avatar
WeGotDeathStar
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Barefoot wrote:I decided to compile some popular dome placements for the original 30 planet layouts. It seems the links for the ones on the first page are broken, and they're out of date anyway.

NOTE: These are just popular placements, not necessarily in any order of difficulty. I've provided some commentary on how I feel personally about each dome-spot.

#1
Image
This layout became more valuable after the SM patch because it's difficult to SM. Spot #2 is probably your best, safest bet. It's a PITA even with a weak solar. Location #1 is nearly impossible to cap with a wide, 120-burst solar but it's more risky.

#2
Image
This layout is pretty weak no matter how you look at it. If you're going to dome this, you gotta put it in this spot so that the cap run isn't so easy. It's also not all that easy to shoot nukes into that room either if the military is way up.

#3
Image
This layout used to be very popular, but now is very easy to invade with surface missiles. Avoid it if you can, but if you must dome it, put it in spots 2 or 3. Spot #1 is popular but not very good.

#4 (little hard to see, sorry)
Image
This layout has many possible locations. I've tried to list them in order of popularity (spot #1 most popular, #5 least popular). I feel that location #1 is still the best, but #3 can be good if it's defended well with a high-BPM solar

#5
Image
I was going to list all the popular spots, but I decided to mark the ONLY spots worth doming. This spot is 10x better than anywhere else I've seen on this planet... and I've seen some baaaad spots on this one more than other layouts. Please, if you're going to dome this planet, dome in one of those two spots. I like #2 better, but you can't go wrong with either.

#6
Image
With the introduction of mods, this layout is not as good as it used to be. Spot #1 is the most popular; Spot #2 is just as good if not better.

#7
Image
This layout also kinda sucks now. If you're doming a rocky, feel free to put it where I've marked. If it's not a rocky, don't dome it. You're just going to end up with the sh1tiest noob-ring you could ever imagine.

#8
Image
This layout always has, and always will be fairly easy to invade but not a cakewalk. I would recommend spot #1 over #2, but there's not a huge difference.

#9
Image
Everyone seems to dome this layout at spot #2, but DONT - such an easy invade. Spot #1 is better, but not by a long-shot.

#10
Image
Most people dome this layout at location #1, but that was before surface missiles. with the new mods, #2 is the better choice because of solar coverage.

#11
Image
I see this planet domed terribly quite often. I can't truly decide which one of these two possible locations I marked is better. they're both moderate to invade - not super tough, but not easy either.

#12
Image
This layout has some nice nuke-eater spots. I highlighted my two favorite. I've invaded planets in those spots hundreds of times. You can't really go wrong with either spot I marked.

#13
Image
The best (and most common) spot on this layout is spot #1. It's still not too tough to invade, it's just expensive and irritating. #3 ain't too shabby if you want to mix it up. I put #2 on there because it's popular, but it really sucks compared to 1 and 3.

#14
Image
Spot #1 is the most popular and was the best before surface missiles. I'd argue that #3 is better, now. The first spot is very prone to team-invading because it's easy to distract the solar at warp. It's not too hard to have one person distract the solar while the other SM's out the whole colony without using any nukes. #2 is not as easy to invade as #1, but #3 is better IMHO.

#15
Image
This was always a favorite of mine. I sought this out on rebangs before the permas, and I still seek them out in rebangs and extended rebangs now. It's not as tough with the mods as it used to be, but a rocky colony domed at loc #2 is still hard to handle. #1 is on there because it's still a popular spot (but weaker). I put it on there because I want to keep newbs doming there so I can practice my domeslides :mrgreen: ..... #3 is decent if you want to be different.

#16
Image
The sperm layout has always been a builder favorite - just don't screw up the dome placement.

#17
Image
Don't be like everyone else and stick it in the terrible spot #1. Sure, you can put trip-lasers in the middle arm, but it's still super easy to take. If you want to put the dome near the warp, try spot #2. If you want them to have to work a little bit harder than drop-nuking, use spot #3.

#18
Image
Meh, I hate this layout. Spot #1 seems to work out OK if you need to dome this layout and it's a rocky planet type. I've seen many folks try spot #3 but it's meh.

#19 - The Worm-Tail
Image
This layout is coveted on the older permaverses that lack the new layouts. It pains me when it's domed badly. Put the dome at spot #1. It's nasty, just nasty. Spots #2 and #3 are very hard invade, but they're both easier to take than spot #1

#20
Image
This is an easy layout to invade no matter where you dome it. However, I highlighted the three most popular spots.

#21 - The Super-Wide
Image
This layout can kill a hapless newb that happens to land when the Lauch Zone is lasered, but any vet knows that the lasers can't reach the very bottom. I say put the dome at #1 if it's a rocky/arctic and #2 if it's any other type. #3 is a popular spot, but it's very weak to a good invader.

#22
Image
None of these spots are particularly easy to invade, but I feel spots #4 and #2 are the hardest out of the popular spots I marked.

#23
Image
Dome location #1 works out OK for this layout. I don't know why people go for spot #2, but they always do - so it's on there, too.

#24
Image
There used to be a lot of decent spots on this layout. Now that surface missiles are prevalent, your best bet is to go with this spot and laser the warp with most lasers concentrated around the right side the warp - make sure to put plenty of lasers below the dome.

#25
Image
There are a lot of folks that think it's cute to dome this layout somewhere in the middle where all the spots are. Dome this layout where it belongs in one of the spots I marked. It's 5x better than anywhere else you could put it on this layout.

#27
Image
I've seen this domed in the bottom-right bubble (which is a terrible idea). Dome this layout where I've marked. It's not very fun to invade.

#28
Image
One of the twin layouts. Put the dome where I marked.

#29
Image
This layout is pretty versatile. You can dome it many good spots. My two favorite are marked. #1 is the safest spot, but #2 is annoying as heck because of the trip-lasers that can be placed on the other-side of the top wall. Very tough to nuke. You either have to go around and attack from the rear (har har) or ram-nuke the lasers from the front. Personally, I dome this layout at #3. It's a PITA to invade.

#30
Image
Dome-loc #1 is is surprisingly effective. #2 remains strangely popular despite it's inherent weakness to SM.


EDIT: Updated 4/28/10


Layout #1 isn't that bad, we had a Double Dome rocky 10/120 On P4 that we took in a few lands. You just gotta get it just right to cap it, remember every planet can be invaded.

User avatar
Mr_Sensual
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:42 am

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Mr_Sensual » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm

if your trying to put most popular spots .. you missed alot of them

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Barefoot » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:


Layout #1 isn't that bad, we had a Double Dome rocky 10/120 On P4 that we took in a few lands. You just gotta get it just right to cap it, remember every planet can be invaded.
Yeah i was talking about a solo-invade. should have clarified. Of course any col can be invaded.

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Barefoot » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 am

Mr_Sensual wrote:if your trying to put most popular spots .. you missed alot of them
True, I got tired of marking all of them. I started restricting most layouts to the 2-3 best spots for the most part.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Major » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:42 am

someone said "attack from the rear" lol.

NightstarRage
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by NightstarRage » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:39 pm

The Old Republic

http://img22.imageshack.us/f/orbhmap.jpg/

Made by GRAWRG. Felt I might as well post it here.

User avatar
-PLAGUE-
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re:

Post by -PLAGUE- » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 am

Jiachi wrote:
RedLeader wrote:If you have the dome at the top of the "n" as I call it, your colony is torp/vulturable..

round hte far side is good but easy to distract
Har har har. I said U instead of n for two reasons:
1. there is no little nub in the top left of it
2. I'm somewhat absentminded
:mrgreen:
FUDGE!

User avatar
River:
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: Charlottetown, P.E.I. Canada

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by River: » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Is there a BH map For Hercules Cluster?

User avatar
-PLAGUE-
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by -PLAGUE- » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 am

I wish toonces would freeze the bang maps so we can get bh's and stuff on them, or would that be unfair? :?

User avatar
MastrIan
Posts: 1139
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:30 pm
Location: At Home Under The Lonely Mountain
Contact:

Re: Black Hole Maps

Post by MastrIan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 am

-PLAGUE- wrote:I wish toonces would freeze the bang maps so we can get bh's and stuff on them, or would that be unfair? :?
I assume you mean rebangs, and the map layout should always be different but based on the map style (cluster, outer rim, dense spiral etc) It is important for BH locations and exits to be different everytime because they add a great game play element, sometimes you are rewarded for taking a risk and ending up somewhere great and sometimes you bang your head on the keyboard for being 100 hops away from where you wanted to be.

_______________________
Thorin | Save The Rebangs

User avatar
awesomepebble
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm
Location: Jumping around somewhere....

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 am

28 is easiest u think

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: Planet Layouts(pictures)

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 am

some revamped old layout placements (by quality, not popularity).

Image

If you have a very strong solar, go with 1. Set on medium, it's a pain in the donkey to cap the short way. You can make the seemingly tedious long way turn into a nightmare for the invader by starting with mines, then lasering the passage that passes right over the dome. 4 is your standard nuke-eater spot, while 3 and 2 are just make one route a slightly harder cap.

Image

go with 1. as barefoot said, might as well make it a slightly harder cap. 2 works alright as part of an overloaded lz defense.

Image

1 is somewhat of a pain if it's a high solar, 2 is a slightly harder cap to a standard nuke-eater, and 3 can work ok as a quirky nuke eater.

Image

1 is your best bet if it's a high solar, as is 2. 4 is a decent annoying-nukeater spot, and 3 is somewhere in the middle

Image

1 is simply deadly, and thought it appears to have a dis, he won't last very long. 2 is also good. 3 is often overlooked, but should never come before 1.

Image

1 is a nuke eater with good solar coverage, which is basically the best you can hope for from this layout. drop the dome a bit to make capping from a vertical run (from the 3 cavern) much harder. 3 is good as a nuke eater with lots of laser fire, 4 is actually not too bad if you have high enough mili. 2 is also good if you have a strong solar as it can be a terribly annoying cap from the bottom. most of the defenses should be concentrated to the right if you dome at 2.

Image

Don't bother doming this if you can get a high solar on it.. 1 is alright, and you can build a ring built into the defenses. Do NOT make a ring with dome anywhere other than IN THE RING on this, or you will probably be seeing it in someone else's cap vids.

Image

1 is one of the underrated placements in the game. 90% of the col will be easy. then it turns into a PITA cap.

2 is fairly standard, not too hard, not too tough, 3 can be good if people come down the left side, unaware of where the dome is, 4 is somewhat decent, 5 is ok.

Image

Lots of people dome at 3, but it's SO easy to dis. It's only good if it's high solar, and the person is invading solo. A Dome at 1 provides surprisingly good solar fire, especially if you try and go right. Lasers in the cavern also provide good coverage. 2 is also good as the solar doesn't really swing while you're invading it, and the cap can be tricky. 4 can be somewhat hard to cap if it's high enough solar. 5 is your standard nuke eater.

Image

1 is usually pretty good, 2 is the nukeeater spot.

Image

I like 1 because it can be tricky to cap. 3, 5, 4, and 2 are nuke eater spots, with 2 being the best of them. 6 works if you have a strong enough solar such that taking the short way would be painful.

Image

aside from 5, the built in ring, the rest are all nuke eater spots. All are distractable, thought i feel that 3 is the least dangerous.

Image
5
Idk what I was on when I marked this. 3 & 4 shouldnt even be there they're so easy, and the 1 at the bottom should be a 2. 1 is the best spot because it can be very painful, and isn't very distractable. 5 is also decent. 2 is ok, but easy to dis.

Image

1 seems to be the best now so you can't just walk in a SM the col. 2, IMO, is the best, as it's hard to cap, and harder to SM than the big cavern. 5 is similar but not as good. 3 is a traditional placement, but easily distracted. 4 is a good, undistractable, if easy to SM, nuke eater.

Image

1, hands down. fill the tunnel underneath it with mines, and then lasers as it turns down, all the way to where the 2 is. 2 itself is hard solo, but easy to distract. 4 and 2 can cover the lz, and has the potential to give the invader quite a fright if set to narrow. 5 is just a nuke eater that takes a while to get to.

Image

1 is still the best, but not as good as it used to be with the effectiveness of laser distracters reduced. 2 is also acceptable. 3 can work if it can be 10/120.

Image

1 and 2 are very good if you have a strong solar. 5 is ok, but not good. 4 is easy to distract, and not very effective unless lasers are placed in the passage above it, but about about 10 slots behind the dome. 3 is a pretty decent spot, and the cap is much harder than 4.

Image

1 is good if you have a strong solar and can overload the space in the top. I'd go with 3 simply because it's the hardest cap. This layout's pretty bad, so you might as well well try 2 with solar concentrated if you have a 10/120, just to try and rape the invader. idk why i put 4 in.

Image

DOME IT AT 1 or 2 THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW, don't bother with anywhere else. I've tried experimenting at 3, and found it to be a difficult solo cap. Never seen anyone else dome it there before, so I think it might be interesting to see some more at that placement.

Image

This layout isn't as bad as Barefoot makes it out to be. The most common placement, 3, is straightforward and easy regardless of the solar. 2 is good if you have a strong solar. 1 is as well. You have to go around from the right and take it the nuke eater wait, but at least half the time, people will try going left. 4 is a lesser version of 1.

Image

If you have a strong solar, dome at 1 and make sure all the slides are well covered. 3 is also good if you have a strong solar. rule of thumb for this col: If you're going to lazer the warp, the dome might as well be there to provide solar coverage. Make sure the dome is incased by at least 2 layers of lasers if you do this - leaving it open on the bottom (common), can result in an easier, faster, cap or too thin at the top (Sliding and cap).

Post Reply