Help for new users
19 posts • Page 1 of 1
pbhead forgot to mention.. dump 200 colonists, however, there are many ways to be evil, killing good players, and if you shoot other newbies you lose rep, raiding colonies and such gives you neg rep as well. To make money, rob ports, kill people or npcs, raiding colonies and sell all its resources....
I desided one game to be a pirate. Usually I am one of the nicest guys in the game, , but once I tried piratetism, I stick to it. its more fast paced, you can play for a shorted time, and get a good place. I started with 5 days left in the game and got 6th, so I'd say I did good. Crime pays, but people dont like you very much.
sry but i cant stand "piratetism"urablahblah wrote:I decided one game to be a pirate. Usually I am one of the nicest guys in the game, , but once I tried piracy, I stick to it. its more fast paced, you can play for a shorted time, and get a good place. I started with 5 days left in the game and got 6th, so I'd say I did good. Crime pays, but people don't like you very much.
Play Pax '.'ron2005brown wrote:sry but i cant stand "piratetism"
Several ways to obtain -1000 rep.
1. Kill yellows... npcs, other players... look around sol, there are usually tons of people sleeping on the planets just outside of UN space.
2. Attack an "innocent" (a person who has not attacked another player).
3. Dump colonists (This is already described above).
4. Invade colonies... neutral morale or higher.
5. Displace colonists from a colony. (-1 rep per 4 colonists displaced)
6. Overtax and overwork your colonists. When a colony reaches a bad enough morale, you get -rep every hour... but they don't work as hard. (I believe this is only broken morale, but could be downcast as well).
7. Shoot down your escortee. This also lowers your exp 1000, so not recommended.
This is a short list of ways to get to -1k rep... there is a certain amount of repeating involved in each (with the minor exception of dumping 200 colonists at the same time, which requires a dream sower, which requires money, which you want to steal, but you can't, this is a run on sentance in parenthesis).
Once you get to -1k rep, the rob option comes up at port.... and....................
you get caught.
Then you take a fare to their destination and get paid, so you can pay the bartender to find out where to find a cloak of disguise.