Unnoficial Player Code, Version One.

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Jeb

Unnoficial Player Code, Version One.

Post by Jeb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Code of Starport Players.

Thou shalt follow the divine rules:
  1. 1. He who supplies the nukes gets the cap.
    2. He who builds the col owns it.
    3. He who found thy colony gets the cap.
    3. He who died on the colony gets a try at the cap, regardless of the nuke rule.
    4. He who whores experience should be regarded as an enemy.
    5. He who helps players should be helped.
    6. He who gives without reason should be given without reason.
    7. He who dies and quibbles about experience lost is a true noob.
    8. He who cap snipes should be in turn sniped.
    9. He who caps junk colonies should only do so to build.
    10. He who turns off solars should be backstabbed.
    11. He who steals, cheats, or lies shall be stolen from, cheated, and lied to.
    12. He who is new to a server should be treated like so.
    13. He who abuses the token system shall be punished.
    14. He who has no medals but has honor and skill shall be regarded as a veteran of the highest rank.
To be edited at a later time.

-PLAGUE-

Re: Unnoficial Player Code, Version One.

Post by -PLAGUE- » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:24 am

Hehe, I partook in the backstabbing of horus after he shut off HG solars

#10 FTW.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:39 am

I feel like #1 and #3 sort of contradict each other :P

Major

Post by Major » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Ah. That's a wonderful set of rules a brave young pilot should cut his teeth on while striving for their U.N. commission.

...However I think you may have missed starport's most important rule:

He who smelt it dealt it.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Major wrote:Ah. That's a wonderful set of rules a brave young pilot should cut his teeth on while striving for their U.N. commission.

...However I think you may have missed starport's most important rule:

He who smelt it dealt it.
It Aint Easy Bein Cheesy.

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm

#7 how true

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Sometimes I copy and paste about experience lost, but when I die I don't really care at all so long as I have the fuel to get back to what I'm doing.

The only time i quibble over experience lost is when I lose it in the millions for a stupid reason, for example when I had 13,000,000 experience and got caught robbing 240k.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 am

I have broken every code but 10-14.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 pm

#12 sounds awfully directed at someone

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Jeb wrote:Code of Starport Players.

1. 1. He who supplies the nukes gets the cap.
    Most of the time, people invading together are corpies, who you are of course working toward a common goal with. No one in a corp is going to say 'hey this was my nuke col we used, so i get the cap!" I must therefore assume you're referencing just 2 or more of any people invading together. However, if Person A's nukes are being used, what's in it for person B if they follow this rule?

Simply put: if this rule was followed, you would only have friends and corpies invading together. But if you have friends and corpies invading together, they shouldn't be that nitpicky about who's capping what.. cause.. they're your friends and corpies!

Best way to invade with 2 or more people: cap is a free for all as long as everyone has worked equally on the colony. If one person starts to get a lot of caps, or if one person arrives late, and only invades a bit of the colony, they should give the other person a few runs at it. also since you have 2+ people, you could simply rush the dome, taking turns alternating between blocker and follower.

2. He who builds the col owns it.
    No sh|t, sherlock. the person who believes a col is not theirs if they build it is an even bigger idiot than the person trying to convince them it isn't.
    3. He who found thy colony gets the cap.
    This contradicts your very first rule, as others have mentioned. Also, similarly to what I said about your first rule, that sort of attitude would not be used if you're invading with corpies/friends, yet if you followed the rule, no one you didn't really know would invade with you if you just could find the col and automatically get to cap it. What would be in it for them?
    3. He who died on the colony gets a try at the cap, regardless of the nuke rule.
    this would depend almost ENTIRELY on the nature of that persons death. if they did something stupid, hell, why should I have to wait for them to come back and cap. I would NEVER do this in a war, either. If it's someone's fault that they died, and it's really obvious, then yea they should be given a better chance than other people to cap. but say someone just has bad luck and dies, ie; misses warp cuz of lag. In a war, or when on a time table, you should just cap anyway. if you're invading leisurely, sure let em come back and have a go. It also depends on the ratio of cols capped between the people. If the guy who died hasn't capped very man and the other person has, let him try for cap first. this scenario is VERY situational, you can't have a rule for it.
    4. He who whores experience should be regarded as an enemy.
    Depends largely on the manner in which this is done. On a perma, if someone revolves their play around exp, they're probably a huge noob and yea, an enemy. But for example, there's people like BiGgI on p5. He quit, and his cols got him to #1. also, newbies who don't know better really shouldn't be regarded as an enemy. as well as players who really don't 'get' permas, but play them. i've met some very nice people who tried to collect as much exp as possible on permas.
    5. He who helps players should be helped.
    6. He who gives without reason should be given without reason.
    generosity is always nice, and you should return the favor if you can, but as long as it's not abused, you don't owe the person anything. If someone wants to give me cash for free, hey, I'll take it and start invading them if I feel like it. If i convinced them I'd do otherwise, ie., 'hey im new plz give me some cash so i can build,' that would be low..

also.. if i end up fighting someone who was generous and gave me cash.. im not gonna like.. give them cash when im fighting them

7. He who dies and quibbles about experience lost is a true noob.
    8. He who cap snipes should be in turn sniped.
    9. He who caps junk colonies should only do so to build.
    Who cares why someone caps junk cols? if they're junk cols, what else is he gonna do with them? use their nukes from their 500 of everything weapons fac-... oh wait.. its junk.. and is this supposed to be used as like a justification or something? 'Hey, i capped some of your junks cols to build, hope u don't mind.' The fact remains is that the person capped your junks, what he does with them is his business, just respond how you would accordingly to someone taking junks, whether it be treating it as a serious invade, giving him a warning, or not caring.
    10. He who turns off solars should be backstabbed.
    11. He who steals, cheats, or lies shall be stolen from, cheated, and lied to.
    12. He who is new to a server should be treated like so.
    13. He who abuses the token system shall be punished.
    "Abuse" as in what? like dragonz? I'd say looked down upon but players can't really 'punish' other players. Unless you mean if someone tries to steal/scam/ tokens. Which of course should be punishable by Toonces.
    14. He who has no medals but has honor and skill shall be regarded as a veteran of the highest rank.

lastly, 5, 8, and 10-13 are simple common sense applied to sge concepts; while true, they are fairly obvious and apply to more in sge than what you mentioned, and even more in real life.

'Don't shoot at someone if you don't want to be shot'

'Don't steal if you don't want to be stolen'

'Don't rip people off if you don't want to be ripped off yourself

so essentially.. all those rules are...

TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.. which is a rule you learn in kindergarten.. though if you're restating it for the current SGE community, I don't blame you

7 and 14 are good rules, and specific to SGE gameplay.

Major

Post by Major » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:16 pm

I thought a simple fart joke summed it up nicely.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 am

Major wrote:I thought a simple fart joke summed it up nicely.
/agree

A Belch is just one gust of wind,
That cometh from thy Heart...
But should it take the downward trend,
It turns into a Fart

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 pm

looks pretty good... some contradict each other tho

KUKA
2009 Double Champion

Post by KUKA » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Jeb wrote:Code of Starport Players.

1. 14. He who has no medals but has honor and skill shall be regarded as a veteran of the highest rank.

How about just "He who has honor and skill shall be regarded as a veteran of the highest rank."?

And another: "He who takes all of this too seriously and cares about half of the BBQ in this list is a nubcake of the highest rank?" ;)

Teasing aside, good post, but a good corpie could care less who gets caps, supplies nukes or cash, finds a col, and crap like that - they just care about their corp succeeding and having fun...

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 pm

KUKA wrote:How about just "He who has honor and skill shall be regarded as a veteran of the highest rank."?

And another: "He who takes all of this too seriously and cares about half of the BBQ in this list is a nubcake of the highest rank?" ;)

Teasing aside, good post, but a good corpie could care less who gets caps, supplies nukes or cash, finds a col, and crap like that - they just care about their corp succeeding and having fun...
So so true.

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:18 pm

[quote="Cloud1"]My rules are:

1. Build your own colony's so you have your own money supply and if you leave the corp you could sell them.

2. Don't take money of other people colony's, ask them.

3. Always give tips and advice to other peoples in the corp but not in an offensive way.

4. Who ever is on the colony when invading and the dome is open, cap it so the enemy won't come and take it.

5. Who ever caps the colony defends it and others move on to the next one.

6. Make the decision that benefits the corporation.

7. When a player wants to join a corp a vote would decide.

8. a vote would decide who the corp should war.[/quote]

lol very good... except c.e.o. should have his vote count as 2 votes since he is the leader of the corporation

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 am

Jeb wrote:8. He who cap snipes should be in turn sniped
this is entirely stupid. why? cap snipers (such as myself) are a brilliant ally to possess.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 pm

this is SGE. you can make a nice long list of unofficial rules that people generally follow... until someone gets pissed off. and then nothing else matters.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 am

Oh noes GRAWRG why did you bump dis to top x_x

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:41 pm

#3 is wrong.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Cloud1 wrote:My rules are:

1. Build your own colony's so you have your own money supply and if you leave the corp you could sell them.

2. Don't take money of other people colony's, ask them.

3. Always give tips and advice to other peoples in the corp but not in an offensive way.

4. Who ever is on the colony when invading and the dome is open, cap it so the enemy won't come and take it.

5. Who ever caps the colony defends it and others move on to the next one.

6. Make the decision that benefits the corporation.

7. When a player wants to join a corp a vote would decide.

8. a vote would decide who the corp should war.
Number 5 would keep me from wanting to cap...some layouts are just a pain in the butt to defend by yourself, especially if you have to wind around forever to put down defenses and then go back to the dome to get another bazillion loads. :wink:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:56 am

these rules are Crap, half of them Cancel each other out and the Rest dont make Sense XD