Rebang Strategies anyone?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby mcdfatty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

when are the cases sol building is good?
User avatar
mcdfatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Cloud1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 pm

mcdfatty wrote:when are the cases sol building is good?



when the sol area has sick layouts.
User avatar
Cloud1
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Cloud1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

KUKA wrote:LOL... KUKA pretty much doesn't do ANY of the things other people have posted here :)

Yes only to the "trade until you are in a CEO" but even that's not the whole truth. Also, SOMETIMES sol building makes sense, about 1 in every 3 servers, and that depends on quite a few things.

Interesting to see what people feel have worked for them.


Well I didn't give much detail obviously but... you should post your ideas so new players can follow :)
or make a video post it or give it to me and I will make a proper tutorial :P
User avatar
Cloud1
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby -PLAGUE- » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:18 am

Cloud1 wrote:
KUKA wrote:LOL... KUKA pretty much doesn't do ANY of the things other people have posted here :)

Yes only to the "trade until you are in a CEO" but even that's not the whole truth. Also, SOMETIMES sol building makes sense, about 1 in every 3 servers, and that depends on quite a few things.

Interesting to see what people feel have worked for them.


Well I didn't give much detail obviously but... you should post your ideas so new players can follow :)
or make a video post it or give it to me and I will make a proper tutorial :P


Yeah lol, a building tutorial that won't put the newbies to sleep. :lol:
User avatar
-PLAGUE-
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby MutedJazz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:37 am

-PLAGUE- wrote:
Cloud1 wrote:
KUKA wrote:LOL... KUKA pretty much doesn't do ANY of the things other people have posted here :)

Yes only to the "trade until you are in a CEO" but even that's not the whole truth. Also, SOMETIMES sol building makes sense, about 1 in every 3 servers, and that depends on quite a few things.

Interesting to see what people feel have worked for them.


Well I didn't give much detail obviously but... you should post your ideas so new players can follow :)
or make a video post it or give it to me and I will make a proper tutorial :P


Yeah lol, a building tutorial that won't put the newbies to sleep. :lol:


It isn't the tutorial that puts them to sleep. It is the length of time it takes to build a colony.

How about a game where BUILDING doesn't put you to sleep?
User avatar
MutedJazz
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby mcdfatty » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Wait i didnt know there was even a building tutorial at all... where is it?
User avatar
mcdfatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Major » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm

mcdfatty wrote:Wait i didnt know there was even a building tutorial at all... where is it?


[url]
http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewtopic.php?t=10166[/url]

Unfortunately a tad outdated, but still some great idea's to steer you right from everyone's favorite Belgian after Plastic Bertrand
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby KUKA » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Cloud1 wrote:
mcdfatty wrote:when are the cases sol building is good?


when the sol area has sick layouts.


That's part of it. There also has to be somewhere to go from there too. You burn too much fuel ferrying colonists from Sol to make it worth is unless (a) the layout is sick and not worth invading in a rebang, AND (b) once you have that first col in place, there are a handful of additional sick layouts in the same system that you can move on to from that first col, using it to do in-system building that doesn't take much fuel at all. If it's just a great col, but you can't build off it, it's not worth it.
KUKA
2009 Double Champion
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:30 pm

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Cloud1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 am

Unless you are a token whore :)
User avatar
Cloud1
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby mcdfatty » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:15 pm

I hate playing against people who token on rebangs... just makes it really hard and that much more demanding. in fact, if i see someone token, i just quit right then and there
User avatar
mcdfatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby MutedJazz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:28 pm

mcdfatty wrote:I hate playing against people who token on rebangs... just makes it really hard and that much more demanding. in fact, if i see someone token, i just quit right then and there


Why not challenge yourself and keep playing? By playing against a tokener you are honing your own skills.
User avatar
MutedJazz
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby FortyTwoAxes » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:05 am

by the way can some one help me get a top ten ive been trying to get 1 for a few months now :(
User avatar
FortyTwoAxes
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Check mah Fansite out or i kill you!!!

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby mcdfatty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:00 pm

FortyTwoAxes wrote:by the way can some one help me get a top ten ive been trying to get 1 for a few months now :(


1. kill npcs when ever you can, but dont make this a priority, just do it on the way of doing something else
2. Get 1-2 colonies fully built and defended properly for bronze; if you want gold/silver prob like 4-5 cols at least, (make sure to get an artic or mountain and set one of them to full harvesting in order to support your other cols)
3.trade when ever you can! Do this every day, you should make about 1-2 mil every day
4. towards the end of the rebang you can find a bunch of sleepers and maybe if your lucky you can find an ensign or lieutienent
5. invade colonies you find as soon as their U.N. protections runs out (if you catch it early, then you force them to scrapp it, which hurts them, and also helps you as you get experience for successful invasion)
6. dont spend 5mil to invade a fully defed 10/120 col, you are wasting your time and money to get maybe get 1k exp
7. kill people if you see them, not only do you get exp, they have to get more money to re-ship and then wait time to get their exp up again.
8. i like corping with 1 other person if you both can build really well, which will also help because you can help each other in tight spots, and maybe one of you can give all your cols to the other, they can personalize the col and have double the followers as everyone else. This will allow one of you to get a silver or gold, and the other to get a bronze. Then you can switch places on a new rebang.
9. Building is key to winning rebangs, remember Follwers=experience and experience=win so therefore Followers=win
10. Don't die;i made the mistake of trying too hard to attack a fully defed col, and died 3 times before capping it, and i only got 1k exp for capping it... i ended up in 3rd place: 10k exp behind 2nd place, and 40k exp behind the winner... had i not died 3 times i would have got my first gold

P.s. I would reccomend within 10 hops of sol/base but at least 4 hops away (you can build farther away if you have more fuel/wisdom)

I hope this helps :mrgreen:

zed55
User avatar
mcdfatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Luna » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:43 am

Don't be found by someone like me, who has too much fuel and time on my hands. A decent builder with some time on their hands, or a friend available will probably find you hiding anywhere you think to build within the first 9 days. No defenses on a 5-18k colony equals bonanza. It's not hard to follow the signs to where you've built if you know what to be looking for.
User avatar
Luna
 
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:09 am
Location: The Galaxy of Life

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby FortyTwoAxes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 am

mcdfatty wrote:
FortyTwoAxes wrote:by the way can some one help me get a top ten ive been trying to get 1 for a few months now :(


1. kill npcs when ever you can, but dont make this a priority, just do it on the way of doing something else
2. Get 1-2 colonies fully built and defended properly for bronze; if you want gold/silver prob like 4-5 cols at least, (make sure to get an artic or mountain and set one of them to full harvesting in order to support your other cols)
3.trade when ever you can! Do this every day, you should make about 1-2 mil every day
4. towards the end of the rebang you can find a bunch of sleepers and maybe if your lucky you can find an ensign or lieutienent
5. invade colonies you find as soon as their U.N. protections runs out (if you catch it early, then you force them to scrapp it, which hurts them, and also helps you as you get experience for successful invasion)
6. dont spend 5mil to invade a fully defed 10/120 col, you are wasting your time and money to get maybe get 1k exp
7. kill people if you see them, not only do you get exp, they have to get more money to re-ship and then wait time to get their exp up again.
8. i like corping with 1 other person if you both can build really well, which will also help because you can help each other in tight spots, and maybe one of you can give all your cols to the other, they can personalize the col and have double the followers as everyone else. This will allow one of you to get a silver or gold, and the other to get a bronze. Then you can switch places on a new rebang.
9. Building is key to winning rebangs, remember Follwers=experience and experience=win so therefore Followers=win
10. Don't die;i made the mistake of trying too hard to attack a fully defed col, and died 3 times before capping it, and i only got 1k exp for capping it... i ended up in 3rd place: 10k exp behind 2nd place, and 40k exp behind the winner... had i not died 3 times i would have got my first gold

P.s. I would reccomend within 10 hops of sol/base but at least 4 hops away (you can build farther away if you have more fuel/wisdom)

I hope this helps :mrgreen:

zed55

no i mean join my corp build a few cols :D while i sleep
User avatar
FortyTwoAxes
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:53 pm
Location: Check mah Fansite out or i kill you!!!

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby mcdfatty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 pm

sure... just name any rebang server that will start soon and il help you out (no deep freeze or magellanic clouds please) and il build u some cols so u can get a bronze... maybe even a silver if u help me out
User avatar
mcdfatty
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:26 am
Location: Practically Every Server

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby gamanche » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 am

Major wrote:don't die. almost always does the trick.

QTF /Salute
User avatar
gamanche
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am
Location: This is a-c-e :) I play ragnarok, golden age, blitz

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Luna » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:10 am

Don't build on top of SOL if seasoned players are playing that rebang, and if you dont' know how to place defenses and domes correctly. A poorly defended or domed planet will be a target for everyone passing through. Only dome there if you plan to chase people off your planet, or plan to run a lot from players camping out waiting to kill you as you resource your planets. The only time I'd dome next to SOL is if I had a killer layout, fully defended, with high solar, and I wanted people to die trying to take it. The benefit of building near SOL is the unlimited supply of colonists with little fuel waste. The downside being that ports are heavily traded near SOL and some resources might be fun to keep in supply until you have planets making enough to supply all your colonies.

The best advice is trial and error. Don't give up and just keep trying to find new tricks that work for the type of player you are. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Most of us had many disappointments before we found a strategy that worked.
User avatar
Luna
 
Posts: 1857
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:09 am
Location: The Galaxy of Life

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby kenoneill » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

1w2d12h30m
User avatar
kenoneill
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Republic of Ireland

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Barefoot » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:10 pm

kenoneill wrote:1w2d12h30m

Dude, stop posing this crap. PM toonces if your panties are in such a wad over this.
User avatar
Barefoot
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Dr.Strangelove » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Barefoot wrote:
kenoneill wrote:1w2d12h30m

Dude, stop posing this crap. PM toonces if your panties are in such a wad over this.


Thats the whole point of this exercise. He has pm'd Toonces, he has tried every avenue he can without a single reply. I kno Ken is rl, I introduced him to this game. I kno as fact how much he has spent in hard cash on tokens on this game, trust me its a lot more than most of the folk here. And for Toonces to totally ignore his mails, /bug reports and threads about this is disgraceful, considering he was able to give every player in the game one free tp after the issue was reported.

When Toonces decided to close Classic's he entered into a contract, with each player in the top 25 top give them a fixed amount of tp's relative to the finishing position. Its been almost 2 wks since the server closed and he has only partly paid out and refused to address the issue.

I understand that the subject is not relative to the thread and maybe even trivial to yourself but the communtiy is in danger of losing a good player who actually puts cash into the game. Ken isnt making any silly demands. All he wants is whats owed to him.

Toonces if you read this please take your finger out of your arse or at least have the good manners to at least address the issue.
If you want ppl to spend cash on your game then threat them with a bit of respect and dont take them for granted. Ken has been patient with you to a point, but your silence just comes across as arrogance. If you've decided to payout less for perma finishes then make that knowledge available so players know where they stand.
User avatar
Dr.Strangelove
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:26 am
Location: The Peoples Socialist Republic of Ireland

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby Major » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 am

Dr.Strangelove wrote:
Toonces if you read this please take your finger out of your arse


That's purely speculation.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby M2-Destroyer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:58 am

Major wrote:
Dr.Strangelove wrote:
Toonces if you read this please take your finger out of your arse


That's purely speculation.



Indeed it is, perhaps he feels that his finger smells funny after taking it out of his arse so he puts it in his ear instead? Or up his nose? You just don't know with these kinds of things!

:lol: :lol:
User avatar
M2-Destroyer
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: The Bonny, Bonny Banks of Loch Lomond!

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby D-Tox1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:25 pm

mcdfatty wrote:I hate playing against people who token on rebangs... just makes it really hard and that much more demanding. in fact, if i see someone token, i just quit right then and there


Now this is a great reason to keep playing .....

Nothing better than too outclass and outplay someone who believes using Tokens on a Rebang will guarantee them a Gold .. not the case. :D

Myself and MJS and i expect even KUKA has logged into a Rebang before now an found great pleasure in winning against someone who has tokened ( although i dont believe its wrong for someone to do so if they choose )- makes the win even more appealing .
Is it harder to beat someone using Tokens on a Rebang ?
In my honest opinion i dont believe it is any harder .. chances are they have no real idea of the Stratedgy required to win and usually blow their token on a ship .. or a little fuel .
Nothing that Myself , MJS and KUKA cant accumulate within about 800 fuel and an hr of gameplay ( if that ).
Bring on the Token Bangers. :twisted: :twisted:
User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: Rebang Strategies anyone?

Postby KUKA » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:45 pm

D-Tox1 wrote:
mcdfatty wrote:I hate playing against people who token on rebangs... just makes it really hard and that much more demanding. in fact, if i see someone token, i just quit right then and there


Now this is a great reason to keep playing .....

Nothing better than too outclass and outplay someone who believes using Tokens on a Rebang will guarantee them a Gold .. not the case. :D

Myself and MJS and i expect even KUKA has logged into a Rebang before now an found great pleasure in winning against someone who has tokened ( although i dont believe its wrong for someone to do so if they choose )- makes the win even more appealing .
Is it harder to beat someone using Tokens on a Rebang ?
In my honest opinion i dont believe it is any harder .. chances are they have no real idea of the Stratedgy required to win and usually blow their token on a ship .. or a little fuel .
Nothing that Myself , MJS and KUKA cant accumulate within about 800 fuel and an hr of gameplay ( if that ).
Bring on the Token Bangers. :twisted: :twisted:



KUKA couldn't agree more. Just like killing someone in an IG ship is way more satisfying than any other kill, beating someone who's trying to tok their way to Gold is just much more satisfying then other kinds of victories. Even if you DON'T beat them, but help to deny them victory by helping someone else, it's a fun way to play. If you aren't all caught up in whether you are going to get one medal or another and can just play for fun, then playing against tokkers is a good time ever time.
KUKA
2009 Double Champion
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:30 pm

Previous

Return to The Launchpad

cron