Just for interest..

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Slushie

Just for interest..

Post by Slushie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Okay. So I heard that there are 'tokens' in this game.

Is that, like, money spent on the game? I'm confused as to how some ships are acquired, because I can never find them in bases.

So i'm guessing some are cash, and this 'relic' ship is like, found or something?

I have no idea about artifacts, special ships and such, so I was wondering if I could get a rundown.

Thanks.

captainjf

Re: Just for interest..

Post by captainjf » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

Tokens are something you buy in game (for real life money). They can be used (in game) to purchase the Ingergalactics Ship (IGS or token ship), warp fuel, nukes, and many other things. All the other ships in the game are purchased with the credits you gain in game. Artifacts are found on empy planets (planets such as gas giants, tiny planets, and those planets which have not be colonized) throughout the galaxy. There is only a few out at a time, but they "respawn" after a certain period of time. Something you can do which can help speed up the process of finding artifacts, is when you enter a space port (the smallers ports), go to the bar, and purchase "Captains Stashes" (or something like that, the cost is 5000 credits). If you are lucky (higher charisma helps), the bartender will tell you locations to artifacts. The token ship is not found in the galaxy. It can only be obtained by the use of tokens.

I hope this helps!

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 am

captainjf wrote:Tokens are something you buy in game (for real life money). They can be used (in game) to purchase the Ingergalactics Ship (IGS or token ship), warp fuel, nukes, and many other things. All the other ships in the game are purchased with the credits you gain in game. Artifacts are found on empy planets (planets such as gas giants, tiny planets, and those planets which have not be colonized) throughout the galaxy. There is only a few out at a time, but they "respawn" after a certain period of time. Something you can do which can help speed up the process of finding artifacts, is when you enter a space port (the smallers ports), go to the bar, and purchase "Captains Stashes" (or something like that, the cost is 5000 credits). If you are lucky (higher charisma helps), the bartender will tell you locations to artifacts. The token ship is not found in the galaxy. It can only be obtained by the use of tokens.

I hope this helps!
What he said, and as he said was every ship but the The Intergalactics' Ship can be obtained with credits, but he didn't say how these ships were obtainable. the 3 ships that he didn't mention that are the 3 best ships to be obtained with credits alone are the Imperial Starcruiser, The Sethdar Cruiser, and The Corporate Flagship. The Imperial Starcruiser, otherwise known as the ISC, can only be obtained with a reputation of over 5000. That can be earned by either killing evil or "red" npcs, or simply putting a bounty of 5 million credits or more, depending on the reputation you have at the time of putting a bounty. The Corporate Flagship can only be gotten through being the CEO of a corporation, which can be done simply by going to the Corporate Rankings and clicking the tab labeled "Form". The Sethdar is a ship only obtained through having a negative reputation of -1000 or more, and can only be bought at a pirate base, just ask in shouts where the pirate base is and someone should be nice enough to point you to it if you want this ship. every other ship can be obtained any base.

Major

Post by Major » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:08 am

P-i-m-p wrote:
captainjf wrote:Tokens are something you buy in game (for real life money). They can be used (in game) to purchase the Ingergalactics Ship (IGS or token ship), warp fuel, nukes, and many other things. All the other ships in the game are purchased with the credits you gain in game. Artifacts are found on empy planets (planets such as gas giants, tiny planets, and those planets which have not be colonized) throughout the galaxy. There is only a few out at a time, but they "respawn" after a certain period of time. Something you can do which can help speed up the process of finding artifacts, is when you enter a space port (the smallers ports), go to the bar, and purchase "Captains Stashes" (or something like that, the cost is 5000 credits). If you are lucky (higher charisma helps), the bartender will tell you locations to artifacts. The token ship is not found in the galaxy. It can only be obtained by the use of tokens.

I hope this helps!
What he said, and as he said was every ship but the The Intergalactics' Ship can be obtained with credits, but he didn't say how these ships were obtainable. the 3 ships that he didn't mention that are the 3 best ships to be obtained with credits alone are the Imperial Starcruiser, The Sethdar Cruiser, and The Corporate Flagship. The Imperial Starcruiser, otherwise known as the ISC, can only be obtained with a reputation of over 5000. That can be earned by either killing evil or "red" npcs, or simply putting a bounty of 5 million credits or more, depending on the reputation you have at the time of putting a bounty. The Corporate Flagship can only be gotten through being the CEO of a corporation, which can be done simply by going to the Corporate Rankings and clicking the tab labeled "Form". The Sethdar is a ship only obtained through having a negative reputation of -1000 or more, and can only be bought at a pirate base, just ask in shouts where the pirate base is and someone should be nice enough to point you to it if you want this ship. every other ship can be obtained any base.

dude break that up in readable stance please.

easiest way is to hit enter twice.

-Hugs and Kisses!
Last edited by Major on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slushie

Post by Slushie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:50 am

Thanks guys, helped a lot!

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Also note that tokens are tradeable amongst players. This means you can choose to trade them for large amounts of in-game credits. Most players jump on the chance to trade credits for tokens.