how many colonies per planet?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Pathfinder1

how many colonies per planet?

Post by Pathfinder1 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 pm

looking through this string viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7369&start=1050 I noticed a pic with 2 domes. I guess I just assumed you could only put 1 colony on a planet. How many colonies per planet? and if you put more than one, does that up the number of defenses you can put around it?

-nox-

Re: how many colonies per planet?

Post by -nox- » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 pm

you can only place one col per dome. However, for some time - at the start of permas - it was possible to create a second dome on a col planet after the first dead and there was only a dead dome left behind. The col would function as just one col in every way but that both domes would fire solar. This was fixed pritty soon so only a few permas have these type of cols (boundless sea, the permaverse, permaverse 2) because these were the earliest perma to be banged, however later on people found out about bugs that allowed the creation of double domes aswell resulting in some being made on New Hope and other permas. Far as i know you can not make them anymore

These cols are cool to have although they do not give you big advantages like double defenses etc.

milo

Post by milo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm

you don't get double defenses but you do still get double solar cannons don't you? or did they change that?

toast

Post by toast » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 pm

same number of turrets/mines, but two solar cannons. Doesnt matter which dome you enter when capping.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 pm

toast wrote:same number of turrets/mines, but two solar cannons. Doesnt matter which dome you enter when capping.

it used to matter...and that shite sucked.

think spiral, two domes back to back (north to south) in the 1st pass from lz on left.

capable dome is the second one. 0.0

toast

Post by toast » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:19 pm

haha yep. That layout is still pretty sick with a DD if the domes are right. Etho and i tried to make one on a rocky to see if we could make it uncappable..but we failed. i forget why.