Colonists have stopped working

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Camara

Colonists have stopped working

Post by Camara » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi,

I have another problem with 2 planets that I took over yesterday. They have stopped building and I can't get them to start again. I have got them all of the resources they were lacking but nothing happens. They both have populations that aren't growing and I wonder if this has something to do with it. I have just changed their projects to the next level Biodome, but they won't start, even with all the right resources. I can’t find anything in the colonising guide about this.

Thanks

McGrod

Re: Colonists have stopped working

Post by McGrod » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:23 pm

you can move the bars on the biodome screen also make sure they are not revolting.
theres like bars you click on scroll them about they control harvesting,military research and stuff. Personally I wouldnt start building too much but meh dont listen to me Im just a psycho hellbent on war and looking for attention from people to cuddle me and my woes. please vote for me to be president one day.

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:51 am

When morale reaches -300 (or worse) colonists quit doing anything for you. You'll have to raise morale before you can get them to build or make anything. Turn off tax, set to Democracy, to raise morale fastest. Put in oil, and medicine and they should start to bounce back. If that doesn't work I'll need more details to figure out what's going on.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun May 31, 2009 6:42 am

Actually, the fastest way of doing it is taking all the colonists and jettisoning them. This will improve morale (assuming its negative) by X/4 every hour where X is the current morale. Please note, the first time that day that you jettison anyone in space, you'll take a rep hit of 5 PER COLONIST jetted. The trick is to take a single colonist, jet him, lose 5 rep, THEN start jetting shiploads.

So, if you're at -300 and you get rid of all the colonists, you'd be at about -30 after 8 hours.

This is the absolute fastest way to get back to 0 morale.

Cheesy010

Post by Cheesy010 » Sun May 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Caia wrote:Actually, the fastest way of doing it is taking all the colonists and jettisoning them. This will improve morale (assuming its negative) by X/4 every hour where X is the current morale. Please note, the first time that day that you jettison anyone in space, you'll take a rep hit of 5 PER COLONIST jetted. The trick is to take a single colonist, jet him, lose 5 rep, THEN start jetting shiploads.

So, if you're at -300 and you get rid of all the colonists, you'd be at about -30 after 8 hours.

This is the absolute fastest way to get back to 0 morale.
and cruelest, but in sge colonist are what we inflict our will over, if they don't listen let them boil and freeze simultaneously in space! also if you do jet all of them, remember to put colonist back on the col too....

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Caia wrote:you'll take a rep hit of 5 PER COLONIST jetted. The trick is to take a single colonist, jet him, lose 5 rep, THEN start jetting shiploads.

You could just jet them on the planet surface and get around the rep hit.