Patch Updates

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

master3bs

Patch Updates

Post by master3bs » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Launchpad or the Tavern. I'm sure if it needs to be moved a mod can take care of that for me. :)

I'm getting back into the game. Problem is, there have been almost 100 patches since I last played. Now I know enough to learn from experience, as well as go through the forums and read the Starpedia. I've figured out some of the patches (imagine my surprise when I bought 10 drinks to dock at the end of the night and didn't get a discount.)

When I left though, there was an ongoing thread about patches. I haven't searched archives yet but I don't see any thread like that. Is there a quick reference point so I can learn about the various patches and what they mean to my gameplay?

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:01 am

Hey master3bs been a long time :) This is the link to the patches thread, but I don't think its been updated much recently. http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewtopic.php?t=4534

Probably the biggest changes were the way colonies work, bio3 max pop is 25k now, but if you let the col get that big the morale will plummet at an alarming rate. And you can no longer construct experience, it has been replaced with entertainment, which raises morale. Colony experience is givin based on population size. 5k pop gives you 100 per hour, 10k 200 per hour and so on. Colonies now consume 4 resources ana med org and oil for population growth (ana and org) and morale (med and oil). All colonies make all resources now, but at different rates.

Have you seen 10 shot solars? pretty kick a.s.s. Every solar shot requires 25 metal ore per hour, so a 10 shot solar consumes 250 ore an hour.

Thats a semi-brief summary of the biggest patches.

nicopp

Post by nicopp » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Research has been changed too. Now you can´t research every available tech, instead you can research 10 techs amongst all the available ones, each with a max level of 5.

Some research techs were deleted as well, while a few new ones are availble.

Nuke physics have been greatly changed, and ship attributes have changed too. Now smaller ships are more usefull in rebangs specially.
Ceo ship kicks donkey now in rebangs, fairly good enough for permas too.

This and Thorin´s post resumes the biggest and most important gamepley modifications in the last 2 years.

master3bs

Post by master3bs » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:49 pm

I appreciate it.

I was actually around for the 25K change and 10 shot solars. It made invading fun. I left a little bit after that, for reasons mostly unrelated to the game. Life happens, you know?

So if those are the biggest differences it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up. Apparently there is also a fuel cap limit of 5K now too. :roll:

Thanks so much for digging out the thread too.