Fuel Usage on a Perma

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

UziStuNNa

Fuel Usage on a Perma

Post by UziStuNNa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:15 am

How do you guys spend your fuel on permas? Like fuel management.

Do you just play until your fuel is out and then wait for it to go up?

Do you spend tokens on fuel when necessary?

Do you wait until you have 10k fuel on a perma to start playing it?

petertje

Re: Fuel Usage on a Perma

Post by petertje » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 am

UziStuNNa wrote: How do you guys spend your fuel on permas? Like fuel management.
Mostly in permas I focus on invading and take the colonys I want to take with little regard to fuel. However when my fuel is low and/or if I'm in a war I try to invade planets where I have port and nukes in the same system. The lower my fuel the longer I will stick to one port (cash permitted). For the rest, permas to me always just have the next day to play so no real reason to watch your fuel too much
UziStuNNa wrote:
Do you just play until your fuel is out and then wait for it to go up?
I play until I run out of time or fuel, mostly I run out of time but when I do run out of fuel I will wait for the other day before I play again. No point in waiting in systems for 15mins before you can make another hop.

UziStuNNa wrote:
Do you spend tokens on fuel when necessary?
Only did this ones, which was in the start of the New Hope perma. At that point I would spend some tokens for me to have some more time for traderouting/building and I would get alot more tokens of the money I earned that way. Call it an investment. But for the rest, never done it.
UziStuNNa wrote:
Do you wait until you have 10k fuel on a perma to start playing it?
Mostly not, if I start playing an older perma I try to get some starting money for ship etc. . I've never gone past the 5k fuel before starting to play. Mainly because I never planned my entry to a (new) perma

KG

Post by KG » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 pm

If I remember correctly, warp fuel stops regenerating naturally at some point, 5K according to the wiki. So I don't think you could wait for 10K fuel anyway.

KG

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:30 pm

KG wrote:If I remember correctly, warp fuel stops regenerating naturally at some point, 5K according to the wiki. So I don't think you could wait for 10K fuel anyway.

KG
he means you can log in everyday for a few weeks and spice, some people accumulate 25k fuel before they start playing

toast

Post by toast » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:39 pm

i just use up all (or like down to 200) of my fuel most nights, invading or cleaning or whatever. Come on the next night, spice, i have like 700-800 warp fuel. Then, i do it again.

I might spice a little bit, during a war where there is actually a threat, and the corp didnt just give up :?

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:16 pm

toast wrote:i just use up all (or like down to 200) of my fuel most nights, invading or cleaning or whatever. Come on the next night, spice, i have like 700-800 warp fuel. Then, i do it again.

I might spice a little bit, during a war where there is actually a threat, and the corp didnt just give up :?
man, spell it out :lol:

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 pm

i burn it to 200, spice, keep goin, wait around a week in my cluster, burn it all again, token and get decent fuel then repeat :D