Dreamsower Update

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

netmc

Dreamsower Update

Post by netmc » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:45 am

The Dreamsower was updated today. An additional 50 holds and 2000 shields makes this ship viable now. I actually switched to it tonight.

Here is what I found using the dreamsower vs. speedstar (my former ship)

(this is with my wisdom bonus)
Fuel efficiency - holds - holds per gallon
speedstar 4.2/warp - 90 - 21.43 holds / gallon
dreamsower 9.2/warp - 250 - 27.18 holds / gallon

This makes the dreamsower the best ship for hauling lots of cargo.

colonists - Every time you pick up colonists at a spaceport, some of them will leave if you don't get them all. At 250 colonists a pop, odds are you will get most of them in one trip.

Trading - moving 250 holds of cargo in one trip, can make you quite a bit of money in just a few hops. Even when the trading % is poor, you can still make a fair amount of money when you move 250 holds of cargo.

To maximize your trading amount, there are a few things to realize. (especially with the large number of holds)

first, the maximum amount of xp you can make per transaction is 25. second, you can no longer haggle successfully when you reach 25 xp. third, xp is based off of the total $ amount of the transaction, not the % you succuessfully haggled.

At 250 holds, you wil hit the 25xp limit with just a few 5% haggles. To get arounds this and make some real money, you need to drop the number of holds you are haggling for. I find that 100 is a good number to use when haggling. After you are finished haggling as much as you can, raise the number of holds you are buying/selling to the maximum. This way, you will have the price locked in from when you haggled fewer holds, and the money you will make will be greater. This gets around the 25 xp limit on not allowing you to make the most money you can while haggling. You will still have the 25 xp limit per transaction, but you will almost always make 25 xp each and every transaction.

Have fun with the dreamsower 2.0

dlanor

Post by dlanor » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 am

what about the speed of this upgraded ships, does it also been upgraded or it is still the same as the old one?

netmc

Post by netmc » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:19 am

It's still the same slow ship. I was quite nervous when there were other players or NPCs of opposite alignment around.

My DEX is 10, so even with the slow ship, I had a decent energy regen rate. I would hate trying to escape in this ship with someone intent on my destruction.

That being said, it's pretty easy to lose an NPC even in this slow ship. It's the players that I worry about.

I did some math with cargo vs fuel, and found this ship to be wonderful for moving cargo. With the amount of fuel needed to warp, I wouldn't want to use this ship for anything but from point A to point B. As long as you know where you are going, and what you are trading, this ship is the one to be in.

I've done some "combat" in this ship, and I don't recommend it at all. You can still get the cheap shot in against a smoldering NPC however.

Once you get away from hauling cargo or colonists, get something else.

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Now we just need to speed up the vulture boost its shields and give it a 3 hit kill for lasers.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:19 am

Stklr wrote:Now we just need to speed up the vulture boost its shields and give it a 3 hit kill for lasers.
why?

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Becuse its useless on anything with a solar really.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Stklr wrote:Becuse its useless on anything with a solar really.
no it isnt

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Learn to fly, Stklr.

milo

Post by milo » Thu May 01, 2008 11:49 pm

wait .... they actually changed a ship :shock: :shock: :shock:

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Fri May 02, 2008 12:23 am

Not true in the least... It can outrange the cannons, and by the time the shots get to you from the solar they are far apart enough to fly through (usually).

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Fri May 02, 2008 12:32 am

i stand corrected.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri May 02, 2008 8:14 am

WOW! :roll:

omlow

Post by omlow » Fri May 02, 2008 8:36 am

i always knew that the dreamsower would be the ship thats upgraded untill it defeats all other ships in all aspects of competition

dreamsower ftw

netmc

Post by netmc » Sun May 04, 2008 4:28 am

The dreamsower isn't the best overall ship by far, it now just happens to be the best at moving cargo. The slow speed, the (still) low number of shields, the abysmal turn speed and low energy replenish rate makes the Dreamsower the worst overall ship with the exception of hauling lots and lots of cargo.

spartan.

Post by spartan. » Sun May 04, 2008 10:02 am

have you figured the ceo ship into this?

with its combat capabilities,its fuel efficiency,its speed and now its 200 holds?

-spartan.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Sun May 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Blasphemy!!! :x

I've taken many a fully maxxed/solared col with a vulture before and i'm only the 3rd best vulture pilot to ever play this game!!!

(3rd behind viper12 and zavrith)

moleman

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sat May 17, 2008 10:02 am

An old Idea I had for a weapon...found it from like a year ago...thought I'd revive it...
Merlin wrote: 3) A new weapon…possibly for a ship like the flower…make the building ship more formidable…instead of that multicoloured confetti…give the flower some sort of energy pulse weapon that discharges 360 degrees and actually does real damage…lets say…to within 3-4 positions from the ship…something crazy like 8k damage within 1 position (someone next to or on top of you), 6k damage within 2 positions, 4k within 3 positions…and 2k within 4…give them a fighting chance to transport their resources…

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun May 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Merlin wrote:An old Idea I had for a weapon...found it from like a year ago...thought I'd revive it...
Merlin wrote: 3) A new weapon…possibly for a ship like the flower…make the building ship more formidable…instead of that multicoloured confetti…give the flower some sort of energy pulse weapon that discharges 360 degrees and actually does real damage…lets say…to within 3-4 positions from the ship…something crazy like 8k damage within 1 position (someone next to or on top of you), 6k damage within 2 positions, 4k within 3 positions…and 2k within 4…give them a fighting chance to transport their resources…
Kinda matrix'y style ..

All these machines against one .. and they are saved by an EMP :D