Double Domes?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Cfreak

Double Domes?

Post by Cfreak » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:52 am

I have been playing for quite a while now, and i mostly invade. I am not good at it, so i was watching some videos on youtube to try and learn. When i was looking at one, I saw a planet with 2 biodomes!

My Questions Are:

1: How do you put 2 biodomes on one planet? I tried once i saw but it wouldnt let me.

2: Do both domes count as separate colonies or are they linked in some way (share resources or w/e)?

3: If you cap one dome, do you auto get the other too?

4: Can you put more than 2 domes on a planet?

Ty, Cfreak

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:02 pm

Double domes were the result of a long since fixed bug, they are only found on permaverse and a few on BS.

You used to be only able to cap them by hitting the orginal dome, now however they can be capped with either dome. Once you get inside there is only one of each building.

They are very fun to invade :)

moleman

rojo

Post by rojo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 pm

Moleman wrote:Double domes were the result of a long since fixed bug, they are only found on permaverse and a few on BS.

You used to be only able to cap them by hitting the orginal dome, now however they can be capped with either dome. Once you get inside there is only one of each building.

They are very fun to invade :)

moleman
A lot of the perma ones have died off in the post BM era. People liked the challenge of invading them, but not many maintained them after they took ownership.

Sad. but true.

metroidp4

Post by metroidp4 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 am

Rojo posted a picture of one on Starport Pictures Page; page # 110. The domes are dead, but its still a cool picture

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm

http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewto ... y&start=30

*Ahem*

I found that old Double domer documentary thread. :)

BTW, in case you're wondering, my current avatar is the iron spiderman costume used during the Marvel Civil war event. I got it from wikipedia. :)

rojo

Post by rojo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 am

Talak.Winstar wrote:http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewto ... y&start=30

*Ahem*

BTW, in case you're wondering, my current avatar is the iron spiderman costume used during the Marvel Civil war event. I got it from wikipedia. :)
Don't think anyone was wondering, but thanks for wasting a few more seconds of my life.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:15 pm

rojo wrote:

*Ahem*

Don't think anyone was wondering, but thanks for wasting a few more seconds of my life.
LMFAO :lol: nice response Rojo :wink:

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:21 pm

D-Tox1 wrote:
rojo wrote:

*Ahem*

LMFAO :lol: nice response Rojo :wink:
Someone actually asked me here what my avatar once was, so I took the liberty of explaining in advance.

milo

Post by milo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 pm

man i just caped my first dd on pv1, it was a stinkin greenhouse, and you seem to move even slower when you got 2 solars shooting at you point blank. :shock: