Getting Picked on by someone really good

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

dan

Getting Picked on by someone really good

Post by dan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 pm

if you are then just respond to this post where and i will do everything in my power to help aslo have some buddys that would be glad to help as well.

Crosseyed

Post by Crosseyed » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Life is like a sandwich. Some days you eat the sandwich, other days the sandwich eats you.

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Crosseyed wrote:Life is like a sandwich. Some days you eat the sandwich, other days the sandwich eats you.
XD I love it.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Elemayo wrote:
Crosseyed wrote:Life is like a sandwich. Some days you eat the sandwich, other days the sandwich eats you.
XD I love it.
:o *Sets down sandwich and throws it in the trash

whoe... all these years i was in danger of being eaten.... good thing u told me now crosseye before my luck finnally ran out :wink:

[Edit] btw dan i am being picked on by some really good players right now do u think u could help me :)

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:04 am

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

:)

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:40 am

sometimes people just bring it on themselves to be picked upon and they deserve it - sometimes people are just assholes - either way it's like real life, deal with it and move on

NoObie

Post by NoObie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:58 am

It's really sorta of impossible to PK someone in a 1 vs 1 unless they want to fight back...even if they are new players.

Assuming you get 8 nukes into a player, which almost never happens, they'll most likely stil be left with 1-2k shields ATLEAST. Gravs take a while to kill you, and it's very difficult to actually to target lock someone with gravs.

Serisouly, if you even bother to run, you'll almsot never get pked
:P

Although, i suppose you don't always have to pick on someone by killing them...there's always..other methods

:twisted:

rojo

Post by rojo » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:48 am

NoObie wrote:It's really sorta of impossible to PK someone in a 1 vs 1 unless they want to fight back...even if they are new players.

Assuming you get 8 nukes into a player, which almost never happens, they'll most likely stil be left with 1-2k shields ATLEAST. Gravs take a while to kill you, and it's very difficult to actually to target lock someone with gravs.

Although, i suppose you don't always have to pick on someone by killing them...there's always..other methods

Gotta be good with your photons :wink:

Thats how you stop a runner

RHINO

Post by RHINO » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:40 am

lol ill help if any one is just picing on newbs for sport

i love to invade

Rhino<--------will invade any thing :lol:

Deathreape98

Post by Deathreape98 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:11 am

then invade PK OC and YV ojn p5 :P

milo

Post by milo » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 pm

the trick is to grav and photon them and then nuke them every time they try to warp or land. i don't ususally lose newbs.

NoObie

Post by NoObie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:42 pm

rojo wrote:
NoObie wrote:It's really sorta of impossible to PK someone in a 1 vs 1 unless they want to fight back...even if they are new players.

Photons require energy...assuming you hit in all three of your photons + all 8 nukes (and even with a ton of practice, i still almsot never do that), all they have to do is warp out of the system while you wait another 5 secs for your energy to regenerate :? Trust me, i knows :P

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:44 pm

fire photons and gravs first, noObie, dont spam nukes when they are at 100% if you want to kill them.

RHINO

Post by RHINO » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:46 pm

Deathreape98
then invade PK OC and YV ojn p5 :P

lol give me time to git some cash there and i will :lol:

NoObie

Post by NoObie » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:46 pm

DarkLStrike wrote:fire photons and gravs first, noObie, dont spam nukes when they are at 100% if you want to kill them.
Yes, you'd do that in an arranged fight, but i'm talking about a noob simply trying to run for his life..they won't bother playing with photons first (assuming they know how to fire them :shock: )

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 pm

again, you photon them first, take about 4k shields off before nuking.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:12 am

lol how did this thread turn into a guide to killing newbies :lol:

but yeah u should always photon them a few times a little grav and then nuke them.... and never do it in a system with a port theyre always surrounded by planets and can be very hard to prevent someone from getting into one

dirt

Post by dirt » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:14 am

My favorite passtime in sge after a day of invading or building is "fishing".

Step 1: /s artifact (xxx,xxx) <--------

Step 2: wait

Should step one not work.......

Step 3: sleeping emperor (xxx.xxx) <----------

Step 4: Wait and enjoy

Step 5: /s rofl

Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:00 pm

hehehehe ive done that too...
one of my favorite though was

Randomnewb1: does anyone know where a good trade route is?
Jwilson6: Yeah going from (mine port) to (lazered system) i heard someone made 2mil in an hour there a few days ago..
Randomnewb1: thanks man

Randomenewb2 comes into system waiting to attack randomnewb1...
hi randomnewb2
hiRandomnewb3 warps in and randomnews2 begins to attack
I attack ranomnewb2 and kill him... randomnewb3 thanks me and i kill randomnewb3 just as randomnewb1 warps into system
dont worry randomnewb1 he attacked me first
ok... sorry i had this port mined ill take a few mines out so you can get in
*i clear a small area and randomnewb2 appears back in and makes a run for port in his pod i chase him and he runs into mines before my nukes hit.. they turn and target randomnewb1 and he dies...
Randomnewb1: DAMNIT!!
JWilson6: sorry man accident i swear
Randomnewb1 comes back in another ship tries to get into port and dies on mines
Randomnewb1: DAMNIT!!!
Jwilson6: here ill take some more mines out for you
Randomnewb2 appears backin system
Randomnewb2: im sorry man i wont shoot at you this time im just here to get randomnewb1
Randomnewb1 comes back into system and i have half the port demined he heads in and randomnewb2 follows i pwn both of them
Jwilson6: lol
Randomnewb1: dude!!!
Jwilson6: sorry man i couldnt help it :D

i leave system and go to lazered system cleaning pollution and then i see randomnewb1 warp into the system and im like omg lol he never realized i was hugging with him bout the trading route... so as i was very close to the warpin i shoot out a load of nukes and get himbefore he can leave
Randomnewb1: what the hell Jwil did u kill me, I wasnt paying attention i was on autopilot and i came back im in a pod

Jwilson6: Sorry u mustve ran into my mines or something...
by this time im lmfao so i sit by the warp area with a load of nukes and sure enough here comes randomnewb1 again warping in and i nuke him
this time he wasnt afk and got the message... he never came back :lol:

Deathreape98

Post by Deathreape98 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:46 pm

loL! nice!

milo

Post by milo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:07 pm

man that sounds like something i would do when i was even newbier than i am now. :lol:

i was tricked into holding alt+s once until all my fuel was gone. :oops: :oops:

rojo

Post by rojo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:41 am

NoObie wrote:
rojo wrote:

Photons require energy...assuming you hit in all three of your photons + all 8 nukes (and even with a ton of practice, i still almsot never do that), all they have to do is warp out of the system while you wait another 5 secs for your energy to regenerate :? Trust me, i knows :P
Photons take down energy, timed right you can prevent someone from warping.

rojo

Post by rojo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:44 am

milo wrote:man that sounds like something i would do when i was even newbier than i am now. :lol:

i was tricked into holding alt+s once until all my fuel was gone. :oops: :oops:
Hehe, think that was how I met you Milo :wink:

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:18 am

If you wanna take out newbs. Work out which port is in the tutorial. laser it. I got like 40 pk's in 2 hours from that on p4. Hell i didn't even know it was that port. Just lasered it off coz me crim and zav were fighting there with vega and posse.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 am

rojo wrote:
NoObie wrote:
rojo wrote: Gotta be good with your photons :wink:

Photons take down energy, timed right you can prevent someone from warping.
yeah but it seems to me that photons require more energy to shoot than they take from your opponent... because timed right or not im always stuck sitting there waiting for my energy to regain while he warps out of the system :cry:
avitohol wrote:If you wanna take out newbs. Work out which port is in the tutorial. laser it. I got like 40 pk's in 2 hours from that on p4. Hell i didn't even know it was that port. Just lasered it off coz me crim and zav were fighting there with vega and posse.
I thought the tutorial port was in un space :?

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:17 pm

I thought the tutorial port was in un space Confused

Dunno on p4 it isn't i don't think. It was just like watching flies attracted to light.

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Photoning works preventing someone from warping, porting or landing on a planet, unless somethings changed since the last time I played regularly. Have to hit them just before they warp/port/land. They'll hit the warp point/planet/port and bounce causing them to lose even more damage as you just keep pelting them with photons and they keep bouncing. Again, if your chasing someone usually they have low shields, or your trying to buy your teammate enough time to land a nuke on em.

The longer a chase goes on for, the better chance the runner has at getting away, you only gain ground if the person makes a mistake or dc's, and good players won't make a mistake. Go with photoning right off the bat, right at the start of the chase, sacrifice a little shift-turbo inorder to land a photon (or better, an emp).

It works, trust me...there be many a vaporized ships out there to prove that.

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Rojo, im sure they wont lose 400 energy by photoning and bumping combined. So don't try to stop them warping by photoning them unless you got teammates or going to follow up with some nukes.

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:24 pm

Pfft, chase away then, I'm just saying that it works...don't shoot down the idea until you try it. Gotta be able to aim tho, you miss and your hugged.
It takes skill, so can't argue with those who can't hit the broad side of a barn; if thats the case then you better chase and hope for the best. You CAN prevent someone from landing/warping with photons tho, swear on it.

RHINO

Post by RHINO » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:46 pm

git one that is talking BBQ to all on line to join ur corp just so u can /c him to go to him and kill him lmao :x