Dome-Caps

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

milo

Post by milo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:50 pm

yea it's a fairly straight forward cap with 2 people assuming one can slide past the dome. i meant that it is probable the hardest solo invasion atm. tougher though if it were a greenhouse. i have a similar ocean col on pv1 that sustains a 5 shot at full military, the dome is right at the lz though so i end up having to retake it ever 3-4 days lol, a royal pain in the donkey.

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:49 pm

DionysuZ wrote:
milo wrote:There are more dangerous layouts on 120 burst 9 shots, as Zavrith should know as his corp died quite a few times on one of those and couldn't cap it. ;)

I dunno, I think I may disagree. The reason we didn't cap it was because it was a VERY COSTLY invasion, not because it was THAT dangerous. But agreed, the Hideout layout is also one of the hardest. I still think my volc would be harder. I've seen the hideout capped, never seen the monster capped.

(although it's much easier if you have one person who is guarenteed to die and doesn't mind it)

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 pm

Zavrith wrote:
DionysuZ wrote:
milo wrote:There are more dangerous layouts on 120 burst 9 shots, as Zavrith should know as his corp died quite a few times on one of those and couldn't cap it. ;)

I dunno, I think I may disagree. The reason we didn't cap it was because it was a VERY COSTLY invasion, not because it was THAT dangerous. But agreed, the Hideout layout is also one of the hardest. I still think my volc would be harder. I've seen the hideout capped, never seen the monster capped.

(although it's much easier if you have one person who is guarenteed to die and doesn't mind it)
Clear the lasers, clear the mines, let the first one land and go up as fast as possible, slide the dome. Let the second one land a second later and gain energy and cap. It's dangerous and the first one may die, but i've seen this layout with this burstintensity/shots and spread capped.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 pm

reviving this thread by a newbie cap, 0 mil col so very easy ......

before

after

spartan.

Post by spartan. » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 pm

bump

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:55 am

how come its a rocky before the cap. and a mountain after lolz??

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:42 am

It's a really crappy cap by Viper1, but I was so disappointed that I forgot to screen the last one, that I had to put at least SOMETHING up.

9 shot, 120 bpm, wide spread setting.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:14 am

-notorious- wrote:how come its a rocky before the cap. and a mountain after lolz??
Just a guess but he most likely alt-tabbed out and back in, it makes planet surface look funny like that. If you look at the radar it is still a rocky.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:42 pm

hmm if you refering to my one its an artic, but ye i noticed colour background changedafter the cap ;/, maybe a bug

NARUTARD

Post by NARUTARD » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:34 am

My personal best

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 am

NARUTARD wrote:My personal best
rofl (I'm assuming that is a joke)

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 pm

I actually would like to try a dome placement like that with a 10 shot 120 burst solar on the perfect spread, when there's a lot of lasers (or better yet, compounds) behind the dome so you cant just slide it.

MorteshDoomLord

Post by MorteshDoomLord » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:27 pm

DionysuZ wrote:I actually would like to try a dome placement like that with a 10 shot 120 burst solar on the perfect spread, when there's a lot of lasers (or better yet, compounds) behind the dome so you cant just slide it.
'
'
can't slide between domes and walls. you get stuck... don't belive me? try it :)

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

MorteshDoomLord wrote:
DionysuZ wrote:I actually would like to try a dome placement like that with a 10 shot 120 burst solar on the perfect spread, when there's a lot of lasers (or better yet, compounds) behind the dome so you cant just slide it.
'
'
can't slide between domes and walls. you get stuck... don't belive me? try it :)
I experienced that lot of times..only cheaters can slide a dome and a wall 0-0

DionysuZ

Post by DionysuZ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:27 am

awmalzo wrote:
MorteshDoomLord wrote:
'
'
I experienced that lot of times..only cheaters can slide a dome and a wall 0-0
you actually can, but you need a corner to line up. Same way as you slide mines. If you don't have a corner its a different story.

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:04 pm

elemayo your money tells lies

if you just capped them why such a massive decrease in cash?

Mikal

Post by Mikal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm

Solar settings : only 1 shot 120 a min , the military was 90% so couldnt support more than one

Mikal

Post by Mikal » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:20 pm

Shortly After ...

Dome Settings , 6 Medium spread 60 Bursts a Min

30 Nukes used

milo

Post by milo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 pm

can't slide between domes and walls. you get stuck... don't belive me? try it
i've done it, quite frequently, a while back. i haven't played seriously in the last 3-4 months though. toonces might have changed it since. however i tried again recently and did get stuck, but got into dome before i died. you used to have to line it up nice like a turret slide but not quite as nicely. lots of people have done this, especially on spirals where they slide past and cap from the other side

spartan.

Post by spartan. » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm

actually sliding between dome and wall aint that hard, i belueve i have a reasonably recent cap on here that i slid between dome and wall

-spartan.

Wound.

Post by Wound. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:06 am

MorteshDoomLord wrote: '

u cant tell me its not possible :wink:

dirt

Post by dirt » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:00 am

Thats the problem with people these days....they don't hold onto that "everything is Possible" mentality.

The other day i was invading a planet, prolly a 30 percent mili 5 shot earth. We only had negs, so we slide in negged a straight slide in and out. My corpie at the time decided to go afk in the minddle of the invasion so by the time i got the dome open and was making cap runs, the guy gets on the planet.

The guy on the planet (exocutioner / noob) din't rd or even turn solar up, but he had a seth, so i insisted if 5 of us land slide up away form him and go for cap one will get it. Drak pussied out, kb did the same, crying that it will never work. They ran off to invade some easy crap with no solar.

Sadly by the time the others got there the guy had noticed the solar was kinda low and pumped it up to a 10-shot, none of us noticed until after we slid in. :oops:

But still it was do-able!!!! If people wouldn't sit there and cry about it. And you had a corpie that didn't go afk everytime your invading with him.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 am

sadly dirt you come from a time when BBQ like that was a normality. But thats how the game has changed to. No more balls.

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:18 am

Hell I would've been down for it. Even if it WAS impossible!

spartan.

Post by spartan. » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 am

i would have done it with you dirt :D and you know it :wink:

-spartan.

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm likely to go afk a lot

But I'd try for it!

In a vulture! RAWR!

Monkey

Post by Monkey » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Wound. wrote:

I remember you telling me that was impossible wound
but I made you a believer :D

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:21 am

Once the seth hits the planet im out man.... I have seen succesful invasion with a seth on the planet but never without a lot of casualties

now if the lz was (for the most part) cleared then sure I woulda gone with u cause atleast then it woulda been more skill instead of luck

also my bravery depends mainly on how much positive rep I have

Wound.

Post by Wound. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:19 am

Monkey wrote:
Wound. wrote:

I remember you telling me that was impossible wound
but I made you a believer :D
yea u and chem called me a baby for not trying it then i showed u guys wats up and sneaked around the back for a list ditch attempt from dieing domeslide cuz THATS HOW I ROLL :twisted:

Monkey

Post by Monkey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:23 am

yeah was pretty sweet what was the solar on that? ..