Starport Video Page

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 pm

You can see it, at the beginning of the movie you can see a the vague "afterburn" of the engine of someone sliding all those lasers a bit later you can see the same person comming in from the north and capping the dome.

Nice invasion, I can imagine you're not very comfortable making a movie while sliding yourself :P.
My new laptop should be able to provide enough power combined with my internet connection to actually make slides without lagging but since I'm currently not very active (and not active at all on a perma) I can't make more movies myself.

Still, nice video Popcorn, good show :P.

Nightmare

popcorn_SL

Post by popcorn_SL » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:19 pm

well explained nightmare ;) and thank you for the feedback

i was myself hopping my new laptop would allow me to slide and frap without the lag, but still, i go down to about 30 frame a sec and it is laggy enough to get podded :(

so we take turn, "i frap u cap" ;)

McCrazy

Post by McCrazy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:25 pm

haha...i wish someone coulda frapped my ring slide and cap....dome was at the warp, and all the lasers were around the warp with like 3 lasers at backside missing...i slid it and capped it and i think it is my welcoming to fraps because of that...(im messing around with it atm trying to figure out how to do it =X)

popcorn_SL

Post by popcorn_SL » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:57 pm

i am happy to meet ya for frapping session next time :) it helps a lot of players to undestand better invading and its fun ;)

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:33 am

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:59 am

Nicely done :)

Just more proof of what I've been saying for a while now: don't bother with anti sliding defense, just put the extra lasers around the dome :P

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:11 am

To be fair I did landnuke 1 turret before sliding that.

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:21 am

Mua'Dib wrote:To be fair I did landnuke 1 turret before sliding that.
Wimp.

popcorn_SL

Post by popcorn_SL » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:36 am

its a great slide and that drop landing nuke was necessary to make is so nicely :)
good as well that there was only 4 turrets to remove for a clean way out :wink:

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:41 am

popcorn_SL wrote:its a great slide and that drop landing nuke was necessary to make is so nicely :)
good as well that there was only 4 turrets to remove for a clean way out :wink:
I still maintain that he is a wimp for still needing to land nuke that turret after so long...I haven't been sliding near as long as him and do those. Though I do agree it wouldn't have been such an easy exit with that turret still there.

He is still a wimp. :)

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 am

Yeah I totally would've gone on and tried to cap the dome instead with those 8 nukes.

errr kidding lol

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:07 am

My favorite part of that video is how all the solar shots just seem to barely miss me(especially in the last portion). Some days it seems like they all just seem to barely hit me.

The dome was rather well defended. And the owner was online, i needed a quick exit. He showed up after my first(unsuccessful) dome run, and i saw a red dot and left. He was red so I assumed he had a seth(this was like 10 hops from the pirate base), but it turns out he had an IG.

Dunno what he bought after i killed him though.

Screenshot taken from my "dome run that failed" video:

hit the dome with 969 energy!

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:10 am

To think I was the one that defended that planet for the owner...ROFL!

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:14 am

Well you gave him the planet I was using for nukes after i made that video.

Since then it's killed me repeatedly in vultures.

Tux

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:21 am

Mua'Dib wrote:Well you gave him the planet I was using for nukes after i made that video.

Since then it's killed me repeatedly in vultures.
Haha, that planet was his in the first place, space-slut took it from him, I took it from her, lol, and I didn't give it to him, he bought it! heh

I was going to give it to him without any payment (reason I took it from space-slut was as a favor) but I can't often refuse tokens.... The one in the video you kept taking used to have ALL the lasers at the dome, could have easily vultured it.... :P So I defended it better than it was at least.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:43 pm

Taken today on 11th, nukes were 16 hops away so wanted to take it with one load :)

GravandSlideandNukeandCap

Moleman/Scooter

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:32 pm

Very nice Moley! Everytime I watch an invasion video I begin to see the things I can't pay attention to while I'm trying to dodge solar and lasers. I can see where pilots hide to nuke, and how they nuke. Saves me shields learning from their techniques. You make it look so effortless.

*Want's to cap like that* :wink:

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:46 pm

Luna wrote:Very nice Moley! Everytime I watch an invasion video I begin to see the things I can't pay attention to while I'm trying to dodge solar and lasers. I can see where pilots hide to nuke, and how they nuke. Saves me shields learning from their techniques. You make it look so effortless.

*Want's to cap like that* :wink:
Thanks for the comments Luna, appreciate it :)

The whole idea of the vid sticky (other than showing off) is to help new players learn to invade better, how to slide, what angle to fire nukes to target specific turrets, getting out of range before dome rush to turn off lasers, etc.

Now if we could only convince kwiji to post a few vids that WOULD be cool :wink:

Moleman

popcorn_SL

Post by popcorn_SL » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:54 pm

The whole idea of the vid sticky (other than showing off) is to help new players learn to invade better, how to slide, what angle to fire nukes to target specific turrets, getting out of range before dome rush to turn off lasers, etc
so true, it helps a lot. invading is difficult, we cant expect doing corner cap each and evey time, but doing it is veru addictive :)

now i got to learn how to slide :roll:

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Very cool moleman.

That's one thing I dont like about the seth, have to choose between charges or grav, cant do both like the ISC.

Im suprised your dome rush went as well as it did, relatively straightforward ones like that always seem to provide me with unexpected trouble.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Mua'Dib wrote:Very cool moleman.

That's one thing I dont like about the seth, have to choose between charges or grav, cant do both like the ISC.

Im suprised your dome rush went as well as it did, relatively straightforward ones like that always seem to provide me with unexpected trouble.
Hehe thnx mua, i used to have a lovely red ISC there till greenant came and killed me -.-

Nice slide earlier btw :)

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:23 am

Heh, that's EXACTLY how I would have done it Moleman, nice one :)

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:27 pm

Wowow Moleman got a lot better at invading lmao, very nice man couldn't have done it better myself :o.

Mua'Dib's volc attack was highly entertaining as well good stuff.

Nightmare

Starblazer

Post by Starblazer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 pm

check this one out, not the most graceful invasion but we got the job done :)

http://media.putfile.com/greenhouse-swinvasion

popcorn_SL

Post by popcorn_SL » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:15 am

not the most graceful invasion but we got the job done
and thats what maters !! :)

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Has anyone actually ever viewed one of these videos and gone...."OMG I think that's my colony?" LOL

Your video is similar to my invasion skill currently. Sometimes I bounce off the dome, but eventually I get the job done. It's not always a smooth ride, but the result is the same in the end. Good Job.

Tux

Post by Tux » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:16 pm

Luna wrote:Has anyone actually ever viewed one of these videos and gone...."OMG I think that's my colony?" LOL

Your video is similar to my invasion skill currently. Sometimes I bounce off the dome, but eventually I get the job done. It's not always a smooth ride, but the result is the same in the end. Good Job.
I can't remember if they did a video...but I have seen a screen shot that most definitely was, you could tell by the "you claim the colony owned by Gemini Holdings." So I know I have seen a screen shot, and it is pretty likely that some of the videos robotchicken has done were Muas and mine.

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 am

Luna wrote:Your video is similar to my invasion skill currently. Sometimes I bounce off the dome, but eventually I get the job done. It's not always a smooth ride, but the result is the same in the end. Good Job.
There's a trick to it Luna. Film every attempt but only post the ones that succeed.

You wouldnt believe the number of times I have to land on a planet sometimes just to get a landing where im even on the right side of the landing area.
That domeslide I posted a few weeks back took around a dozen tries, but I only included 3 in the video(the most "interesting" ones)

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 am

Tux

Post by Tux » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 am

I think you showed the last part of that, where duece goes boom, a while ago. :P