All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Post Reply
User avatar
Dark.Cloud
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:52 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by Dark.Cloud » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:46 am

Hey guys, doing my bi-annual drive by. Just wondering. What was everyone doing when they started and what are they doing now?

Then
I was a high schooler in 2007/2008 when I started

Now
I'm a software engineer, about to turn thirty and getting married!

User avatar
Gloin
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:32 am
Location: I only use 0.09% of my brain...

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by Gloin » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:24 am

Then
I was 13 years old back in 2006 when I first played SGE

Now
I work for a government owned railway at 28 years old

I usually play for a few months and then take a break and come back 6 months later or so


Nice to see you on here Dark.Cloud it's been quite awhile since we've corped up and invaded together :D

Darkmaster743
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by Darkmaster743 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:53 pm

Then:
Joined in about 2009-2010 so I was around 10 years old in fifth grade, never really achieved much in the game but I played a lot on the golden age and had some nice colonies and in game homies.

Now:
I'm 22 now just graduated college, getting ready for grad school, I try to check in bi-annually and play for a week before quitting again lol. I remember the first time my dad bought me an IGS with admiral tokens and I was acting like I had won the lottery... good times. Someone should set up a discord though, if I haven't heard of one by next month I'll set it up

User avatar
BarbaraWalters
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: North Bay Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by BarbaraWalters » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:34 am

Darkmaster743 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:53 pm
Then:
Joined in about 2009-2010 so I was around 10 years old in fifth grade, never really achieved much in the game but I played a lot on the golden age and had some nice colonies and in game homies.

Now:
I'm 22 now just graduated college, getting ready for grad school, I try to check in bi-annually and play for a week before quitting again lol. I remember the first time my dad bought me an IGS with admiral tokens and I was acting like I had won the lottery... good times. Someone should set up a discord though, if I haven't heard of one by next month I'll set it up
SGE Discord Link

https://discord.gg/2jF4qkvw

WhAcKeD
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by WhAcKeD » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:37 pm

This is a really cool post. I remember seeing the name Dark.Cloud all over the place. My username was often Whack, and back when I started SGE I was in middle school in like 2008/2009. Now, I'm 25, also a Software Engineer and still love gaming, but I miss that era of my life where you felt like you had unlimited time to play! I often check back to see if Toonces and co had created Starport 2, which I would consider playing, but it never happens!

User avatar
Caia
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by Caia » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 am

Not a thing. I invented time travel and am here from the year 2006. Man, you guys screwed everything up pretty good, didn't you?

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4283
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by MadAce » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Caia wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 am
Not a thing. I invented time travel and am here from the year 2006. Man, you guys screwed everything up pretty good, didn't you?
This made me chuckle.

I'm a much more self-actualized person with more in depth understanding of who I am and my place in the world.
And somehow ended up just a more refined and skilled cynical a-hole.

space88blue
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: Battle Royale, Perm1-99.
Contact:

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by space88blue » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am

I once worked at McDonalds, then Salisbury House a local burger joint but with waiters and servers etc then a telemarketing company I had a failed gallbladder then at the same time 2 ingrown toenails had to get surgeries for 5 plus years until I got them killed and removed. Then I got hit with depression and anxiety then I got diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 2016 I have had 3 hospital stays, 1st i spent 3 days in ICU with all 7 types of drugs they could test in my system somehow i got drugged while smoking the ganja before it was legal i smoked 3 months fine btw then in the hospital I spent 3 months after my 3-day ICU stay then in 2016 i had stopped taking my meds cuz I thought angels or demons were telling me I was about to die and it wasn't far off from the truth cuz some of the pills were powerful nerve pills like clonazepam i got off some meds went on different ones I made impressions by tapering myself off semi safely but negative impressions since I should only do med changes with doctors supervision I got in huge trouble but had some grace and then in 2012 before I turned away from God in 2013 I went back to work for 2 weeks but had my small bladder overactive issues.

Now I have diabetes type 2 and take medication for it to balance blood sugar levels and I'm supposed to be monitoring but need to visit the drug store to learn how to fix the machine and haven't had spare time yet due to other issues that need to catch up with dentistry I also have a hole in my septum (nose divider) and it is deviated (off center) and no one can fix it in my country Canada and even the experimental tech in the USA might have issues but I clear my nose every few hours and can sleep in certain windows of time and wake up to use the bathroom clear the nose again etc series of blow and let dry etc healing is fast but not fast enough.

I have my own apartment now and my mom is suffering right now with a medical condition and should survive I hope and yeah I played this game while angry and frustrated with the divorce of my parents and the loss of my 1st love and now I live off government assistance and help from my family. It's been a long fall down the rabbit hole. I have like 15-16 disabilities and I am still overweight but way more than I used to be and trying to stay healthy if I can not lose the weight properly my lifestyle is fairly sedentary and while exercising at the hospital my last 3 week stay with 6 days prior to that in an assessment facility.

I have written 2 books that have not sold much and I am dreaming of being a famous writer one day I write about the impact others have made on my life and the impact I have made on others and my spiritual teachings etc I call it "The Webrunner" and "The Diamond Webruner" and am working intermittently and slowly on the 3rd book. I am infinitely blessed with my own apartment.

So yeah Schizophrenia, bad nose etc government assistance and obesity are still challenging for me I'm writing slowly reading absorbing as much as I can given my meds make me lethargic sleepy and all the avolition too.

I'm into Christian Music and Rock like Skillet etc Beckah Shae etc I have like under 1400 liked songs on Spotify over the years with some disappearing etc.

Thanks for reading the whole TLDR for those that care :) God bless.
-Relentless/Blue
+Gunboat

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4283
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by MadAce » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:40 pm

space88blue wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am
I once worked at McDonalds, then Salisbury House a local burger joint but with waiters and servers etc then a telemarketing company I had a failed gallbladder then at the same time 2 ingrown toenails had to get surgeries for 5 plus years until I got them killed and removed. Then I got hit with depression and anxiety then I got diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 2016 I have had 3 hospital stays, 1st i spent 3 days in ICU with all 7 types of drugs they could test in my system somehow i got drugged while smoking the ganja before it was legal i smoked 3 months fine btw then in the hospital I spent 3 months after my 3-day ICU stay then in 2016 i had stopped taking my meds cuz I thought angels or demons were telling me I was about to die and it wasn't far off from the truth cuz some of the pills were powerful nerve pills like clonazepam i got off some meds went on different ones I made impressions by tapering myself off semi safely but negative impressions since I should only do med changes with doctors supervision I got in huge trouble but had some grace and then in 2012 before I turned away from God in 2013 I went back to work for 2 weeks but had my small bladder overactive issues.

Now I have diabetes type 2 and take medication for it to balance blood sugar levels and I'm supposed to be monitoring but need to visit the drug store to learn how to fix the machine and haven't had spare time yet due to other issues that need to catch up with dentistry I also have a hole in my septum (nose divider) and it is deviated (off center) and no one can fix it in my country Canada and even the experimental tech in the USA might have issues but I clear my nose every few hours and can sleep in certain windows of time and wake up to use the bathroom clear the nose again etc series of blow and let dry etc healing is fast but not fast enough.

I have my own apartment now and my mom is suffering right now with a medical condition and should survive I hope and yeah I played this game while angry and frustrated with the divorce of my parents and the loss of my 1st love and now I live off government assistance and help from my family. It's been a long fall down the rabbit hole. I have like 15-16 disabilities and I am still overweight but way more than I used to be and trying to stay healthy if I can not lose the weight properly my lifestyle is fairly sedentary and while exercising at the hospital my last 3 week stay with 6 days prior to that in an assessment facility.

I have written 2 books that have not sold much and I am dreaming of being a famous writer one day I write about the impact others have made on my life and the impact I have made on others and my spiritual teachings etc I call it "The Webrunner" and "The Diamond Webruner" and am working intermittently and slowly on the 3rd book. I am infinitely blessed with my own apartment.

So yeah Schizophrenia, bad nose etc government assistance and obesity are still challenging for me I'm writing slowly reading absorbing as much as I can given my meds make me lethargic sleepy and all the avolition too.

I'm into Christian Music and Rock like Skillet etc Beckah Shae etc I have like under 1400 liked songs on Spotify over the years with some disappearing etc.

Thanks for reading the whole TLDR for those that care :) God bless.
-Relentless/Blue
+Gunboat
/hug Relentless

Nertanef
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:12 pm

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by Nertanef » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:18 pm

I can't really recall what the year was but I think it was 2006-2007.

I was 19-20 and just going to school and working at Starbucks.

I'm now 35 and work for a startup SEO company.
We just landed a 200k a year client, our biggest yet.


Relentless, I'm sorry to hear that man. I always had fun playing with you and I hope things get better for you and your family.

edit: looking at the date I joined I apparently played when I was 18 - 2005. Holy BBQ time flies.

space88blue
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:11 pm
Location: Battle Royale, Perm1-99.
Contact:

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by space88blue » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:16 am

Thanks Madace and Nertanef glad to hear others are having a better time and thanks Madace my old nemesis hehe I was so hard on ya lol now you know sorta why and how lol. :twisted:

bigT
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: All once upon a time players, what's changed in your life?

Post by bigT » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:37 pm

space88blue wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am
I once worked at McDonalds, then Salisbury House a local burger joint but with waiters and servers etc then a telemarketing company I had a failed gallbladder then at the same time 2 ingrown toenails had to get surgeries for 5 plus years until I got them killed and removed. Then I got hit with depression and anxiety then I got diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 2016 I have had 3 hospital stays, 1st i spent 3 days in ICU with all 7 types of drugs they could test in my system somehow i got drugged while smoking the ganja before it was legal i smoked 3 months fine btw then in the hospital I spent 3 months after my 3-day ICU stay then in 2016 i had stopped taking my meds cuz I thought angels or demons were telling me I was about to die and it wasn't far off from the truth cuz some of the pills were powerful nerve pills like clonazepam i got off some meds went on different ones I made impressions by tapering myself off semi safely but negative impressions since I should only do med changes with doctors supervision I got in huge trouble but had some grace and then in 2012 before I turned away from God in 2013 I went back to work for 2 weeks but had my small bladder overactive issues.

Now I have diabetes type 2 and take medication for it to balance blood sugar levels and I'm supposed to be monitoring but need to visit the drug store to learn how to fix the machine and haven't had spare time yet due to other issues that need to catch up with dentistry I also have a hole in my septum (nose divider) and it is deviated (off center) and no one can fix it in my country Canada and even the experimental tech in the USA might have issues but I clear my nose every few hours and can sleep in certain windows of time and wake up to use the bathroom clear the nose again etc series of blow and let dry etc healing is fast but not fast enough.

I have my own apartment now and my mom is suffering right now with a medical condition and should survive I hope and yeah I played this game while angry and frustrated with the divorce of my parents and the loss of my 1st love and now I live off government assistance and help from my family. It's been a long fall down the rabbit hole. I have like 15-16 disabilities and I am still overweight but way more than I used to be and trying to stay healthy if I can not lose the weight properly my lifestyle is fairly sedentary and while exercising at the hospital my last 3 week stay with 6 days prior to that in an assessment facility.

I have written 2 books that have not sold much and I am dreaming of being a famous writer one day I write about the impact others have made on my life and the impact I have made on others and my spiritual teachings etc I call it "The Webrunner" and "The Diamond Webruner" and am working intermittently and slowly on the 3rd book. I am infinitely blessed with my own apartment.

So yeah Schizophrenia, bad nose etc government assistance and obesity are still challenging for me I'm writing slowly reading absorbing as much as I can given my meds make me lethargic sleepy and all the avolition too.

I'm into Christian Music and Rock like Skillet etc Beckah Shae etc I have like under 1400 liked songs on Spotify over the years with some disappearing etc.

Thanks for reading the whole TLDR for those that care :) God bless.
-Relentless/Blue
+Gunboat
/salute Relentless

Trying not to think about how long ago 2005 was (according to the forum thats when I joined but think I played the game for a while first before joining the forum), feels like it just a few years ago haha.

15 then, 32 now. Living the grown up life with a proper job and stupid grown up responsibilities haha. Good times though, good times

Post Reply