My Rubber band ball

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

pudlez

My Rubber band ball

Post by pudlez » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:17 am

I've been working on this rubber band ball since like 2002 and have neglected it over the past few years... Sadly tho, it still has less rubber bands than SGE :'(

http://i.imgur.com/aynFuue.jpg

Budman

Re: My Rubber band ball

Post by Budman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:57 am

congrats?

no honestly thats pretty cool ...i assume there is a basketball under there somewhere?

Budman

Post by Budman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:57 am

congrats?

no honestly thats pretty cool ...i assume there is a basketball under there somewhere?

pudlez

Post by pudlez » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:21 am

Supposed to be a joke about all the rubber banding recently :) It's actually a couple rubber bands tied in a knot. Buddy works at a tribune...

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:17 pm

SAVE AN IGS, END LAG NOW!

But yeah, neat ball. Its just about the size of mine. I've been neglectful too. Just like yours... mine was made [primarily] with newspaper rubber bands. My job required me to bring the morning papers in every day and set them up... plus they had been stockpiling the bands since before I was hired, so plenty to work with. How can you come across a collection of enormous rubber bands and NOT build a rubber band ball?!

Warning: excessive rubberbanding can be harmful.

Side note: the OCD receptionist was super pissed when she discovered what I'd done. every day she started taking a bunch of the rubberbands off (not even to use them for anything). Ended up taking it home... cause hug bitches.

Itasme

Post by Itasme » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Apparently, we can't be trusted with elastic bands and it's certainly not as much fun trying to make one of those out of staples :(

Very impressive thought :)