The Good Times

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

space88blue

The Good Times

Post by space88blue » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:40 pm

I've got a history with this game. A very long history of playing hours and hours on Starport late at night, in the day and afternoon. In fact I'll never forget the time I fought two people for 3 days straight on this game while having to go for a part time shift at my then job. I remember being a Rebel and a critical thinker when it came to discussing game mechanics. I remember helping hoardes of newbies. I couldn't help every single one I came across but I made an effort to be a pillar of strength for some players.

I was picky of who I had on my team in my corporations and fighting by my side. I showed the game that a few could stand against many. That Gunboat lived on after the Muppet Vrs Gunboat war and thrived. That the worst that could happen to a player's Empire could be restored in under 3 months. That loyalties ran deep in the brotherhood of Gunboat. BigT, Bacchus, JP, killerdie, Starwynd and so many other forgotten souls. Everyone has their story in that massive battle but Gunboat persevered.

Now I also remember fighting people who blew all their money on tokens thinking that tokens alone could make them dominant. Wish I could remember the names but it's been so long.

I'm a faded memory in this game and I've had my times. Perhaps I'll play again if there's room for an old veteran these days.

For now I'll just appreciate the time that I've had playing this game before because I met some people here. And I truly do miss some of the good times I had here. Like when I was in Section 31 and the only ally of Shinshu within that corporation and the multiple corps involved in moving towards trying to extinguish SD of which I had many friends including JODRAM, Viper1, MDK, Ace/Starwynd etc. Or the time in Perm 1 where I helped blockade the Pirate Base Arm while Reputation bombing Broken Monkey into a bunch of pirates with the only option to get a Sethdar Cruiser through 100 systems of laser grids. Or even the time in the Peace/MSR Wars where I lended a hand now and again trying to help bust an Empire member out of trouble :-) Or what about the Caeli Republic? With Blackdog and that other guy forgot his name. Been so long.

-Relentless; Dropping in.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Re: The Good Times

Post by D-Tox1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:57 pm

/salute relentless

The Pirate Base blockade will always be remembered bud - lmfao - i got caught numerous times going through that cashizzle.
/respect to the players that played this game for hours on end back in the golden days - teamwork and destruction played a large part - not like now, which is 5 mins to take a colony and a day to wipe out an empire.
Long live SGE

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:04 pm

You didn't mention me. :-(

space88blue

Post by space88blue » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:12 am

Madace help me remember BBQ eh :) Like who was in the caeli republic again? Z something with a Z and... that other guy oh Zephyr and someone else Black.dog or whats his name. And do you have a full list of the old gunboat players? You probably archived history somewhere you old goat. Can't believe Mattaf's old page of permas is still up lol after all these years.

Manilla

Post by Manilla » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:01 pm

indeed all, old days before multi shot solars, before double domes became the norm and you had to know how to make them. long live the tripple dome and the quad dome planets. my heart is broken seeing them gone.

bigT

Post by bigT » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am

Appreciate this is an old post now, but reading that brought back so many memories. That Gunboat Vs Muppet war was one of the most fun and intense moments I've had in a game. Truly epic.

The fights at The Pirate Base in that war are ones that are particularly remembered.

Fun times /nostalgia

/salute all

chiefs7772004

Post by chiefs7772004 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Relentless, how could you forget me? :D jk brother, hope all is well. Same to Madace, BigT, and the rest of us old vets from back in the day. Good times those were indeed.

(MSR)Peace

Post by (MSR)Peace » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Relentless! You were a formidable foe, and a fun player. I miss the good times, and I miss you too!

https://www.facebook.com/PeaceChaser

unkemt

Post by unkemt » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Relentless, I have to say you certainly lived up to your name.

I did some digging and found a big list of old players that I made a long time ago. Hopefully this brings back some memories!

https://pastelink.net/starportvetlist

space88blue

Post by space88blue » Sun May 29, 2016 8:38 am

Apologies to the good guy River I was corped with last time but real life stuff came up and I had some trouble on my end of my PC with the game too. Ended up in the hospital again for my mental illness but I'm better now :twisted: Who knows maybe I'll pop by again:)

To Peace I've sent you a Friend Request thanks :) Good to stay connected and all in this big big world. Also thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed playing against you and you too were a formidable foe :) Although I do think I managed excessively well with 3 dex in Perm 1 lol (oops on my part back then in those times).

To Unekmt Love your list but I did not infact found Shinshu Dynasty I founded Gunboat and inherited Shinshu Dynasty's lore from Ace/Starwynd as the last torchbearer of their territory. Viper1, Starwynd and Redleader I believe founded Shinshu Dynasty together. I was part of Section 31 and kept SD in power somehow because I was the only one not on board with attacking SD. I reported the feelings overall but didn't share their battleplans with SD as far as I remember but eventually turned on an inactive Section 31 save for Black.dog and invaded territory by memory of weapon stockpiles and my own outposts.

To BigT add me on facebook if you haven't already http://facebook.com/jhitching .

Currently in the process of moving and I'm working on poetry thinking of writing a book and I post motivational stuff now and then :) Music and deep spiritual stuff.

Currently playing Rust a little bit and thinking about getting into Guildwars 2 a wee bit.

After a long time thinking of studying for my drivers license and I'm 28 now but still look about the same. Glad we created so many memories in SPGE together :) I'll certainly have fun looking at that list Unkemt thanks!

Big shout out to BigT one of my major comrades in arms :)

space88blue

Post by space88blue » Sun May 29, 2016 9:05 am

unkemt wrote:Relentless, I have to say you certainly lived up to your name.

I did some digging and found a big list of old players that I made a long time ago. Hopefully this brings back some memories!

https://pastelink.net/starportvetlist
Thanks :) I tried lol but I had to move on to better things and deal with my health too and life. Not sure if I'll ever return to the heat I once brought lol.

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon May 30, 2016 8:18 pm

Always good to see names I remember from years back. I feared Relentless on many servers, but eventually learned to live with him on some of my favorite servers. So many good players, come and gone, but the memories live on in those of us that remember the beginning of SGE.