Dexterity Bolt

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Gloin

Dexterity Bolt

Post by Gloin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Alright, long story short the dexterity bolt is useless. We need to scrap the dexterity bolt and add something new and exciting.

It'd be a good idea to have a few different "bolts" or "perks" to choose from (maybe restrict players from only being able to use one bolt at a time)

PERSONALLY I would like these to not be completely game changing, I believe starport should not be a PAY TO WIN game but they can help you in modest ways.

okay I'll give it a shot.

Freighter 100 extra holds
Explorer -2 warp fuel per hop
Warlord a bonus equal to a superconductor OR a bonus equal to a shield emenator
Colonial +1.5 bonus morale/hour on all your colonies
Tactician +20% weapon factory production on all colonies
Tax Man +20% bonus credits/hr on colonies
Environmentalist -20% pollution/day on colonies
Seeing as these bonuses are pretty wicked, I think a payment of 10k tokens for 60 days seems reasonable.

Another cool idea would be to make these appear in your character profile. For instance you'd have a title of "Emperor Gloin, The Freighter" or, "Dark Overlord Gloin, The Warlord" etc. These titles don't need to appear on the who's online list or rankings list because it may look cluttered.
Last edited by Gloin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NightstarRage

Re: Dexterity Bolt

Post by NightstarRage » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 pm

As dex is useless now.. I agree the dex. bolt should be phased out. This idea seems great.. and those bonuses are definitely not game changing.. but they are worth 10k.

/thumbsup

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I love it! nice thought gloin. I agree dex bolt has needed gone for a long time

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Holy balls?! +20% production rate on cols that's overpowered...

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:26 pm

-20% pollution on colony's? I hope you don't mean every colony because that would mean no pollution at all..

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Mr Cow wrote:-20% pollution on colony's? I hope you don't mean every colony because that would mean no pollution at all..
-20% meaning if your colony makes 10% pollution/day it'll go down to 8%

Sorry I know that was a bit confusing

and what do you mean 20% production of weapons is overpowered? if your colony makes 20 nukes/day it'd only raise it to 24..

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Eh maybe I over exaggerated

NightgraderP6

Post by NightgraderP6 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:22 am

IMO, i always thought speed should have been a part of dex. +2 / +4 per point of dex.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:55 am

The speed system is probably gonna change a bit soon. Actually flight mods will become obsolete and only thrusting will matter in determining top speed. It's a bit more realistic and it might even improve the smoothness of ship motions.

That might have some effect on dexterity. It influences 3 things at the moment, turn speed, thrusting, and energy regen. So with the new top speed system, dexterity will influence top speed because it influences thrust power.

On the dex bolt, what i i think maybe we should consider just improving dexterity 5% or something if it's too weak vs. Charisma and Wisdom. I can look up if people aren't using dex any more.

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Toonces everyone had 0 dex ever since you nerfed it....

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:30 am

yep 10 charisma 5 wisdom is the way to go now

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:08 pm

0 dex to 16 dex is no difference at all.. but i like having 10 charisma so i don't hate it

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Toonces wrote:The speed system is probably gonna change a bit soon. Actually flight mods will become obsolete and only thrusting will matter in determining top speed. It's a bit more realistic and it might even improve the smoothness of ship motions.

That might have some effect on dexterity. It influences 3 things at the moment, turn speed, thrusting, and energy regen. So with the new top speed system, dexterity will influence top speed because it influences thrust power.

On the dex bolt, what i i think maybe we should consider just improving dexterity 5% or something if it's too weak vs. Charisma and Wisdom. I can look up if people aren't using dex any more.
So thrusting will increase top speed? Is that how it was like 6 years ago? I think top speed on ships should stay the same no matter what. That way its an even playing field when out running nukes the onlu things i think you should be able to change on your ship are thrusting to top speed and turning.