building vs invading

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

S1lver

building vs invading

Post by S1lver » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:18 am

Building a col takes 30x longer then invading the col. This doesn't mean make invading harder this means make building fast. Make it less resources for building. Please Toonces look into this. I mean I'm an invader and I'm even getting mad about this.

omlow

Re: building vs invading

Post by omlow » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 am

you're being too reasonable. toonces will never respond.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:40 am

building is easy

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm

I sent a detailed PM to Toonces with the top 4-5 suggestions players had to improve game play on Taureen. I spoke to new players and established players and the same complaints were heard from everyone. None of the suggestions would alter gameplay in such a way to unbalance it but it would improve the success rate of new players and encourage existing players to build/fight. We shall see if he listens to any of the Community.

You can see the suggestions in one of the other threads talking about adjustments.

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 am

Luna wrote:I sent a detailed PM to Toonces with the top 4-5 suggestions players had to improve game play on Taureen. I spoke to new players and established players and the same complaints were heard from everyone. None of the suggestions would alter gameplay in such a way to unbalance it but it would improve the success rate of new players and encourage existing players to build/fight. We shall see if he listens to any of the Community.

You can see the suggestions in one of the other threads talking about adjustments.
Funny there's now three threads saying essentially this.

Good luck to you Luna! *Salute*

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

I just logged into Taureen and there's been a patch. Apparently Toonces does listen. He compromised a bit from what I can see. He improved volcanics, and for WF on all colonies he increased the production of equip/uran. It's a start so I think we should give a compliment to Toonces.

Thank you Toonces for adjusting the two things you've addressed so far. I hope it continues.

:D

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 am

So you want to just invade non-stop? What ever happened to building an empire?

Builders are your bread and butter boy, don't you forget it!!

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 am

A smart and experienced corp will have the following, one guy build cols for money, another for resources , another making weapons. Let the noobs fight it out in the beginning of the server and sit back laughing and stay off the radar. Once you have established your goals of cash and weapons then you make your move and hit the entire server hard and fast.

I'm mainly a invader but in a new server everyone needs to know their place and do the task at hand, the smart people do this and they are the ones that end up ruling the server within a few months. Been there, done that it's not hard, if you are corped with douche-bags then don't expect to do well. A well balanced corp does not have ego problems, everyone knows what to do and when it is done correct you reap the rewards every time.

If you don't feel like doing the legwork then just sit back and let people build it up for you and then come in and dominate. We have taken out 5-6 top corps on many occasions with 3-4 players max and we win every time. Operate like adults and do a non stop assault to demoralize your enemy to the point they quit the server or they nap with you giving you the resources to hit other corps and you to can dominate a server.

One thing that disgusts me is the losers that we stomp constantly resort to cheating and get banned only to come back a few weeks later and do the same thing over and over but no matter, the end result is always the same. We stomp the so called greatest corps every-time and they call us cheaters meanwhile while they are the ones doing it.

By the way, Booga Booga/Dead-Risin FTW every time :)

Yours truly, CaptainKangaroo