One Server, Every Galaxy

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

CrimsonSkull

One Server, Every Galaxy

Post by CrimsonSkull » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I have a small idea that might work or not, don't know if Toonce's servers could handle it but i think it would be cool to merge all servers into one MASSIVE server.

This server has every single galaxy in it, in one giant map. Every server's Galaxy is on this map and all planets/corps etc etc get the same planets they have already so it is just like a move. This would bring all players togeather and allow the big corps to fight over control of entire galaxys. It would be long and hard fights, and i don't know if this could be possible but kinda like the idea of it.

The corp membership max would have to be increased to say 15-20 and a general rules could be in place for all the Galaxys but certain have certain rules or perks. For example, the Frontier Wars galaxy has a FOG so it could be that the FOG is still in place for that galaxy.

As for new members joining, each galaxy would have a SOL and a new player is transferred to a random SOL.

This is a very basic view of it but let me know what you all think.

Faint

Re: One Server, Every Galaxy

Post by Faint » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 pm

this idea would probly make this game epic...but what would u do about pax...And this idea would work...only if there was a very good planned out blackhole system..because going 500 jumps would suck.

Suave

Post by Suave » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:18 am

This would be excellent but one slight problem bud, those who play a multitude of servers?

How will it work with different chars, empires from various servers, cash etc.

Unless Toonces could transfer all that into 1 char which is selected.. which I think he couldn't do or if he could, sadly(no offense Toony) he might screw the whole thing up

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:42 am

Best idea to find out is to try it for 2 days then put everything back to normal and see if people liked it.
thats the only solution

Faint

Post by Faint » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:40 am

i was thinkin about this idea...and we could throw pax players in this but we could give them upgraded colonies..if u choose pax u get boosted solars and more tons of defenses..but your dexterity is lowered. win ;D

CrimsonSkull

Post by CrimsonSkull » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:03 am

This was just a very very very very very very basic idea, things like cash, cols and specifics will take a long time to work out

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Great idea - if truths known fairly easy to Set up.

Again as Suave pointed out - its the Multiple Characters that would prove an issue.

Simple resolution ... Toonces gives an end date to all other Permas currently running - say 3 months time .
Then Bangs one massive Perma ( PK ) and one massive Perma ( PAX ).

To be honest - this is a crackin idea, it would force everyone onto those 2 Permas ( Pk Or Pax ) - hence resulting in intensity and Challenge .

As was mentioned again - thats ok so long as Developers dont screw up the Game settings etc - bring it all back to basics ffs.

/ got my vote.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

all of eve is on one server, then again they have the worlds largest super computer running, but its boss