83%
no
17%

Total votes: 6

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

new idea i had and implemented a S.G.E Voice Server

Post by feenix » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:34 pm

it has section for every server in sge and a sub channel for corps. so corp can talk voice to voice to their corpmates, not chatting via text. here's a screen shot of the program. each channels that's used for corps can be password protected so no one can spy on your conversation. i can say more details about it later. those who are interested just need to tell me the corp name in the server they want and the password they want to use. :D

once u have downloaded the program teamspeak 3, connect to the server yourgamingspacestation.boldlygoingnowhere.org or if u don't want to type all that just copy and paste :P

here's the link to download it so you don't need to google it
http://teamspeak.gameserver.gamed.de/ts ... -3.0.2.exe

note: there is a function in that program called a ingame plug in which is supposed to i guess say what plp are saying in game, im not really sure what it does but it does warn you that it can give the impression to the game admin that you are hacking so i recommend leaving that function off like i did. unless you are trying to get banned in which case im sure toonces will have no issue doing that.

Mel'Kaven

Re: new idea i had and implemented a S.G.E Voice Server

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:02 am

It would be better if it just worked in game instead of 3rd party, but implementing something like voice consumes bandwidth on servers. Idk.

feenix

Post by feenix » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 pm

well as u can see it's not high quality so that keeps bandwith down. i've been using it and ping in game remained the same

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:56 am

feenix wrote:well as u can see it's not high quality so that keeps bandwith down. i've been using it and ping in game remained the same
Still, the transfer of sounds is much more tedious than you'd think. Thats why you cant just host vent servers and such, it requires extremely good network (100MB or something like that).

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 am

I have a deep voice. :D

feenix

Post by feenix » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 pm

well let's try it, if it too laggy then i guess plp can stop using it. if plp are willing to donate money to me, then ill gladly get strong server and faster isp right now i have 15mbps download, 5mbps upload. and so far all is good. right now i just want to see how many plp we can get on this. once we do i'll see exactly what are the issues to fix, and we'll go from there.

and if it helps i know i can reduce the quality even more, not sure how it sounds but i know this is moderate quality right now. so i have a lot of play here on my settings

feenix

Post by feenix » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm

i think more people should sign up for this. it's free and usefull. so i bumped it

very easy to set up, all you need to do is install teamspeak, once it's installed go to the top menu click connect enter the url below. no need for password or anything. in the name put down your player name in the server or username in sge. and u should be set to go. as far as making corp channels that is very easy and i will help you once u are logged on. all you need is to tell me the password you wish. and i will create one, then your corpmates need to enter that password to be able to talk. if you are worried about the possibility of plp hacking into it, or anything i can encrypt conversations if you wish but it isn't needed. as there is no way for plp to get of without the password

Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 pm

feenix wrote:i think more people should sign up for this. it's free and usefull. so i bumped it

very easy to set up, all you need to do is install teamspeak, once it's installed go to the top menu click connect enter the url below. no need for password or anything. in the name put down your player name in the server or username in sge. and u should be set to go. as far as making corp channels that is very easy and i will help you once u are logged on. all you need is to tell me the password you wish. and i will create one, then your corpmates need to enter that password to be able to talk. if you are worried about the possibility of plp hacking into it, or anything i can encrypt conversations if you wish but it isn't needed. as there is no way for plp to get of without the password

Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Alright ill give it a shot. You know you love my voice feenix xD

feenix

Post by feenix » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:11 am

heh

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Did you give any thought to the use of Mumble? Same principles, i just found it worked better with my connection as opposed to Ventrillo/Skype etc.

feenix

Post by feenix » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 pm

i was even aware it existed, i just used it once with friends on his server and i loved it. so i started my own server where everyone could use it not just his corp. and i can set individual channel to use diff quality settings so if u are having issues with bandwith or the game and teamspeak is messing you up i can lower quality to make it more network friendly. right now it's set on medium-high quality.still got medium and low quality i can use. so plz tell me if you having any issues at all i will try to fix them. btw plz provide me the password u would like for ur channel :)

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:55 am

Haha, my bad - I got stuck in about some really good weed and well, you know how it is, i kinda lost the evening.

I'm not really bothered about a password, no doubt i'd end up forgetting it myself :)

I have to say though, impressed you went through all this effort for SGE :) Now just need to convince Monica that my old vent server is dead and get her to TS3 and i'll have someone to talk the day away with :)

YAY!

/stoned

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:12 am

M2-Destroyer wrote:Haha, my bad - I got stuck in about some really good weed and well, you know how it is, i kinda lost the evening.

I'm not really bothered about a password, no doubt i'd end up forgetting it myself :)

I have to say though, impressed you went through all this effort for SGE :) Now just need to convince Monica that my old vent server is dead and get her to TS3 and i'll have someone to talk the day away with :)

YAY!

/stoned
I was there the other day, I was rather disappointed that only myself and chettoes were the only people on! (oh and feenix ofc.)

I say more people need to join. :) I dont like vent as much as I like teamspeak. TS is just more fluid. Idk. I recommend it over vent anywho.

feenix

Post by feenix » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:16 pm

yes, to be honest after i posted this thread, at least 3 plp said yes, good idea but no one joined so im glad you guys joined. maybe if people see that plp are getting on maybe they will join them self. as far as spending so much time for sge. i was doing that when i needed a break from playing the game lol, the hardest work was scrolling down the server list and typing name in. other than that it was quick and painless.

as far as no password for your corp channel that is up to you but you do realise that anyone can get on it and listen or start talking crap about you on it, if they decide to. putting password is nice way to know you won't be bothered ;)

but again completly up to you.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Nah - No Passwords cool :) If i really didn't want to be bothered, i wouldn't log on ^^

feenix

Post by feenix » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:30 pm

i would just like to add on top of this being sticky that would be cool so everyone new could see it, but also i managed to get avatars working on ts3 wanted to add that :D

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 pm

Boom Boom /bump ^^