New blitz season ideas/thoughts

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Do you like blitz and want it to succeed?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

mcdfatty

New blitz season ideas/thoughts

Post by mcdfatty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 am

Yes i sure would like to know when the new season starts... i might actually pay money for tokens (SHOCKER: for most people that know me know i have never bought tokens with money)....

however, I would like to congrats toonces with implementing new things to make it fun every season... yes this includes the new rating system; at least he is trying something

however i would like to see toonces do more with this server, at least in implementing new ideas for the game... blitz every season will get usually 300-500 users, but this past season was the lowest ratings of all time, not just in the ratings of the players, but also approval ratings: only about 90 registered users this past season and probably only 30 of them even played a single game.

What did this season give us? This list was hard to come up with since it was so small, however i certainly can say we don't have as many token whores (i dont mind artis and ig ships, its just the spending 5k tokens on a single game just to make u win) as we used to... however collusion has probably been about the same as it always has

what didnt this season give us? though the token whores have been less and the collusion hasnt been too bad, one thing that made this season less fun was the lack of players... sometimes I would wish the colluders and token whores would come back if it would mean we would have a game...

inactivity has been so bad... not only are there only 30 considered blitz players, they hardly ever even play... back in the other seasons you could log on during primetime (8pm eastern time, 5pm pacific) and get 2 system games with 30+ people, and you could even get 2v2 and 3v3 games during dead hours (12am-5am pacific); prettymuch you never had to wait more than the 4 minute intermission to start up a new game.

What happened?

I see only one reason: i think people are simply getting bored of blitz (not me; most people know me as the anoying guy who goes onto every server saying COME TO BLITZ BITCHES; btw vote zed55 (me) for blitz president :D)

So thats pretty much my annalysis for blitz throughout its birth into the capture and hold game.

So what must be done?

Thats why im posting this.... what do you guys think? toonces you may answer this too... because i without a doubt love blitz as my absolute FAVORITE server, and i want to see it alive as one of the most popular servers... any ideas on how to keep blitz popular?

/discuss thoughts/ideas

zed55 (vote me for Blitz PREz :D)

P.S. farewell Datdamg.... you were a great blitzer and good friend on starport

Mr Cow

Re: New blitz season ideas/thoughts

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:54 am

umm blitz dont need a prez..

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:10 am

-Make the game faster.
-New graphics, sounds, content. (More weapons, more mines, more missiles, more ships, more planets, more buildings, more options a corp can do, more basic things a player can do: a recorded PVP arena?)

You have a tree. You can do much with that tree. You can harvest the apples. You can enjoy a picnic under it. You can climb it. You can build a tree house in it. You can chip off a few branches to make some sticks to use. You can take its wood to do something else. You can rest inside it. All of these things are examples of what you can do, but then again, it is only a tree. There is only so much you can really do. The more you shape it, the more you are distorting its true form. This is what is happening to SGE. Toonce's is only changing preexisting things within the game. Simple things, adding things for convenience - Like buttons and shortcuts. This is not what is to be done. You are simply distorting the tree. You need to introduce more, let the tree grow larger, so you may have more places to explore within it. More content is exactly what SGE needs for the game play to improve.

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 am

i always thought a turret tht shot like a beam would be cool, but you could only have one on a col....idk

Faint

Post by Faint » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:48 pm

i would love special event blitz games. Iv had an idea of an hour long match with 2 sides given about 10 minutes to build up their defenses on their cols..10 minutes being enuf time to possibly fully defend..then 3 or 4 random warp portal opens up and the 2 sides go fkin nuts on each other..random to avoid lasers walling...no rushing to see who gets col first...strategy would win..not speed of internet connection..ppl would have time to "plan" and "organise". have time to talk while being on the same team. not 2minutes to say what did u get..and if nobody got fp your screwed type of thing. my ideas win btw..if only i knew how to program.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm

good ideas, but make sure we get rid of the provisional rating systel all together.