Toonce's tell's me the stupidest thing...

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

gothicorpunk

Toonce's tell's me the stupidest thing...

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 am

So toonce's tells me i can't change my name to Green.Lantern because its to close to Greenant.............. Come on really.

So i guess now you cant have the same start of a name with some one else even though I've seen people with names 1 letter different all over the place. Like really why did he even fuuck with the name change thing?? What was wrong with it, Has anyone EVER said ANYTHING about names being to close to each other??? And even if they have is Green.Lantern even fuucking close to Greenant. -.-

I'm only posting this because when i asked toonces to help me fix it he was a complete fuucking dick to me even though I've ALWAYS had his back on patches and his choices to the game and always helped him when ever he needed it for some reason he decided to be a dick to me and basically tell me to fuuck off the names are to close.

Yes, I get this probably won't get me anywhere but i mean I'm just trying to show toonces the names aren't even close to eachother and there's NO reason to have made it so i couldn't make that my name.

I'm just wondering what you guys think about this, Like do you think he's right there to close?(LOL) or do you think i should be able to change my name and there's no reason i shouldn't because greenant is no where near the same as Green.Lantern?

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Toonce's tell's me the stupidest thing...

Post by Toonces » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 am

How was I a dick to you? I simply explained that green.lantern is too close to greenant and that's why the server is rejecting your name.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 am

It's not even close. -.-

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 am

Gotta say that I have seen people simply put a " ." after a name and be accepted... mmmmm

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:08 am

Cloud1 wrote:Green- Green in both names. Try lowercase G or a . infront of green. .Green.Lantern
Rather not ruin the name... And cc thats what im saying i've seen people with just one letter different or the . Or - like come on.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 am

Cloud1 wrote:Ask Toonces to re-name you that. I don't see anything the same other than Green and Green
I did.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:02 am

just wow lol

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 am

You didn't ask me to do anything. You just bitched at me that you disagreed with the server when it says your name is too similar to someone else's.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 am

Um i deffly asked you if you could come over to GA and help me?

You then said what do you want me to do it won't let you its to similar...

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:14 pm

and so you naturally decided that this method would work better? ...and toonces is the unreasonable one in this situation?

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm

invaderzim wrote:and so you naturally decided that this method would work better? ...and toonces is the unreasonable one in this situation?
You're right...this approach strikes me as more "daft" than "deft"

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

invaderzim wrote:and so you naturally decided that this method would work better? ...and toonces is the unreasonable one in this situation?
He just ignored me and wouldn't help what was the other method??

stgballa

Post by stgballa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:01 pm

weird. I've used the name Green.Lantern before and had no problems.

KUKA
2009 Double Champion

Post by KUKA » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 pm

You could always just use "Gay.Superhero"... everyone will know you mean "Green.Lantern"

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:21 pm

KUKA wrote:You could always just use "Gay.Superhero"... everyone will know you mean "Green.Lantern"
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Why not choose a cooler hero? like goku, or maybe Kenshin?

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:54 pm

KUKA wrote:You could always just use "Gay.Superhero"... everyone will know you mean "Green.Lantern"
this xD

IronLung

Post by IronLung » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 am

Its probably too close because green.lantern has the name green.ant in it, just my guess though.

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:33 pm

gothicorpunk wrote:So toonce's tells me i can't change my name to Green.Lantern because its to close to Greenant.............. Come on really.

So i guess now you cant have the same start of a name with some one else even though I've seen people with names 1 letter different all over the place. Like really why did he even fuuck with the name change thing?? What was wrong with it, Has anyone EVER said ANYTHING about names being to close to each other??? And even if they have is Green.Lantern even fuucking close to Greenant. -.-

I'm only posting this because when i asked toonces to help me fix it he was a complete fuucking dick to me even though I've ALWAYS had his back on patches and his choices to the game and always helped him when ever he needed it for some reason he decided to be a dick to me and basically tell me to fuuck off the names are to close.

Yes, I get this probably won't get me anywhere but i mean I'm just trying to show toonces the names aren't even close to eachother and there's NO reason to have made it so i couldn't make that my name.

I'm just wondering what you guys think about this, Like do you think he's right there to close?(LOL) or do you think i should be able to change my name and there's no reason i shouldn't because greenant is no where near the same as Green.Lantern?
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE how people say "i've always had toonces back on patches and choices ETC............" yet when im in the game all they kno how to do is talk BBQ behind his back "(LOL)" AS YOU WOULD SAY request denied, deal with it.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:15 pm

EkomS wrote:
gothicorpunk wrote:So toonce's tells me i can't change my name to Green.Lantern because its to close to Greenant.............. Come on really.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE how people say "i've always had toonces back on patches and choices ETC............" yet when im in the game all they kno how to do is talk BBQ behind his back "(LOL)" AS YOU WOULD SAY request denied, deal with it.
I deffly never have..

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:50 am

I am just hugging amazed that greenant is still playing? Is that account active?

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 am

try yellow.lantern

Woots

Post by Woots » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:16 pm

fredfredburger wrote:

try yellow.lantern
purple.lantern

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:20 pm

fredfredburger wrote: try yellow.lantern
do you think before you speak? :roll:

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 am

GreenishLantern?
NotGreenLantern
LanternGreen

Endless possibilities....

I'm surprised after calling Toonces a dick that he didn't give you an undesirable name. He's been known to do that.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Luna wrote:GreenishLantern?
NotGreenLantern
LanternGreen

Endless possibilities....

I'm surprised after calling Toonces a dick that he didn't give you an undesirable name. He's been known to do that.
:shock:

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 am

I had 2 servers that wouldn't let me use my name at all, and no one has or can have the same name.. *eye roll*

The real Hellbent

Post by The real Hellbent » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 pm

CrazyChef wrote:I had 2 servers that wouldn't let me use my name at all, and no one has or can have the same name.. *eye roll*
logged in a few weeks ago and could only use my name on one server, every other server I tried I got a message saying it was taken. On a positive note I did still have my old account after over a year of inactivaty lol. Burb!